Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Nice find. For the record, it's a lot of fun to find a curvy back road on a dark night, and have a friend do adaptive headlighting around the corners with the spotlight. My friend has a 2005ish and we used to do that.

It's also super fun to drive slowly by a highschool house party, park down the block, and follow the the first car to leave for about three blocks :ninja:

This just made me want a P71. Both parts. I must do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Sinestro posted:

It's a former CHP car, there is only one option: ESTRADA.

Voting this. Or MM CHIPS.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Delivery McGee posted:

Edit: Comedy option: Might as well go all the way and put the blower and P71 springs on a Lincoln Town Car.

No bullshit, I've been thinking about something like this recently. CVPI suspension and a set of Flowmasters would be pretty drat cool.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Actual power increase? Possibly. Noticeable power increase? Not very likely. Probably sound pretty good though.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Cage posted:

Since the thread was bumped I thought I might just ask one more time. My dads 2009 grand marquis was bought used and he never got the key code for the door lock buttons. Google says the code should be on a white tag on the trunk, and there is a 5 digit code but it does not work. He was also told to check the door module located inside the drivers door but he took it apart and didn't see anything. The buttons do work since they're able to lock the door by hitting buttons 4/5 at the same time. Is there anywhere else the original factory code might be printed? I've googled but haven't come up with much other than the two locations we've looked already.

I only ask again because the poor old man locked his keys in his car twice so far and had to have someone drive an extra set over. My temporary solution is to just buy another keyfob for $4 on ebay and attach it underneath the car somewhere but it would be much easier just to learn the key code.

Did you check the manuals for any labels or anything? I don't know if there's any sort of VIN-based database that dealers can check, but it might be work making some phone calls.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's coil-per-plug (or coil-on-plug), right? Move the coil/wire around to a different cylinder and see if it follows. If not, I'd probably do a compression test next, because that's probably less work than doing the same thing with the fuel injector.

Both of my 4.6s were 2 coil packs of 4. Packs were split feeding plugs on each side

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Big K of Justice posted:

Well I'm stumped. So is the shop apparently.

2011 Lincoln Towncar-L. Runnning with no issues since I got it 2 years ago.

Yesterday I parked at a shopping plaza and when I came back I couldn't start the car.

Plenty of power, starter turns, no error codes, full tank of gas. Checked the fuses for the fuel pump, swapped the relay for the fuel pump with the a/c one [known working], after that basic bit of diagnostic work, I called AAA, who came with a battery tester and said that was fine.

Shop, had it for the day, and they said the first time they tried to start the car it wouldn't start, so when another tech came out to try again, it fired up. It fired up every time today, and they ran their diagnostic system on it and couldn't find any problems, they checked fuel pressure, coils, etc, all normal, I told them to keep it for another night. They'll do a cold start tomorrow and if it fires up, I guess I'm out the diagnostic fee but I'm kinda puzzled that we can't figure this out.

Sound familiar to anyone? Car wasn't washed recently, oil was changed 2 weeks ago, I'm trying to figure out what could cause this.

Sounds like what my Mustang was doing before the fuel pump totally poo poo the bed. Crank, no start > give it 30 seconds > fires right up. I did that dance for a little while until the fuel pump finally finished loving off.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Achtane posted:

Same. It's a real hoot when your fuel pump dies while keeping up with 50mph traffic!

Fuckin' yikes. Mine just decided it didn't want to wake back up one day when I tried to leave work. I'm real glad it didn't die under load.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I may have had some complaints about the 4.6 in my Mustang, but the sound was never one of them. How's the Vic sound at higher revs off-throttle? The Mustang was just burbly enough to make me smile. No real pops but it was great at the top end of third gear.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Cage posted:

I swapped the donut in about 15 minutes and then spent 20 minutes googling on the side of the road because I too have an lsd! I took it slow and swapped it as soon as I could.

FYI, assuming they did the same on the Panthers as the Mustangs, there should be a physical metal tag on one of the diff cover bolts calling out that it's an LSD and needs friction modifier on fluid changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Cage posted:

Mine came with an open diff and I had a shop throw a limited slip in there.

Ahh. Good call. Grandma(rquis) needs to leave proper evidence of burnouts.