Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
No list of bad Kickstarters is complete without Lore.

It's just a giant cesspool of amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Venusian Weasel posted:

This really isn't an awful crowdfunding campaign, but I don't know where else to put it.

Lowell Observatory is trying to scrape together just over $250,000 to restore their historic 24-inch Clark Telescope. The telescope was commissioned in 1895, and since it was completed in 1896, it has seen almost constant use. The project uses indiegogo for the flex funding, which I'm assuming will be used to make whatever repairs they can to the telescope with the money they get.

If Gender Bender extreme has taught me anything, they need to appeal to someones fetish to make this money up. Maybe for a thousand bucks they'll point it at your apartment for the exhibitionists.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Gaze upon Visorman. The OUYA exclusive of their dreams.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Mar 28, 2013

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

...of SCIENCE! posted:

His website (which he handily lists on his profile) is where the real comedy gold is at.

Nothing screams "designer I'd like to hire" quite like a guy who can't even pick a font that doesn't make his surname look like "gently caress"

Is it me or does the site for his daughter have a prominent link to DIVORCE110.NET on it?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
How not to make a good impression:

quote:

Living her whole life in the small town of Raven, Ohio, Nevaeh has always been fascinated by the supernatural through her mother's stories of vampires, angels and the war between them. However, her own feelings of right and wrong, good and evil, love and hate are thrown into a quandary when she meets and falls in love with Ian. And what about her father's mysterious disappearance two-years-prior? And why can't Nevaeh stop thinking about the vampire Lukas Blazer from her mother's stories? Get to know me. I'm simply a 30-year-old woman who loves to write. It is my sanctuary, my passion, my truth. No matter what life has thrown at me, writing has been the most constant form of therapy. My life has never been anything less than a struggle suffering from medical conditions that most doctors don’t have a lot of experience with. At the age of 14-years-old I was placed in a plastic and metal back brace that went from my shoulders to my buttocks with two medal bars that wrapped around my neck. Needless to say wearing this thing to school, high school no less, every day was horrific. On a daily basis I was tormented and desperate to find an escape; that’s where writing became my escape. I could write a story and magically transport myself into a different world, a different body and I was safe from the torment. This became my passion, the one thing I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to give this gift to others. I have a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Journalism and have been writing practically my entire life. I used to write for the college newspaper before it was discontinued my senior years. I have written freelance for sites such as, phatguru.com and celebritycafe.com . In 2009 I created my own magazine called, The Conzine, a magazine that focused on who celebrities were behind the glitz and glamor of Hollywood. In September 2010 the publisher of Fan Quarterly got wind of The Conzine and purchased the content rights for a mutually agreed upon price. I have hundreds of published articles on various websites and online news organizations and have also created a fairly successful blog entitled, “Rose Are Red Violets Are Blue.” I began writing, “Midnight to Sunrise,” in August when the idea just kind of burrowed its way from my brain and onto the computer screen. I have always loved vampire romance stories but always felt they lacked originality. I believed they all followed the lore far too heavily. I wanted to create something that wasn’t your typical vampire vs. werewolf story. I wanted to write a book that not only I would enjoy reading but that might give people a new way to envision vampires. Of course when I pictured writing a book I never pictured turning it into a trilogy. However, this series needs far more than one book to complete. I believe it will take readers on a journey through worlds they always pictured but knew they could never go and after all isn't that what books are supposed to be? It's a vampire thing! It's a topic that has been done, redone and then possibly overdone however, we just can't stop our fascination with vampires. Then again, they really are quite fascinating as is the evolution of the modern day vampire. Originally vampires weren't these sexy, gorgeous men and women that movies, books and television portray them as. They were vile, vicious disgusting creatures who sucked the life out of sleeping victims during the night. Actually most of the older lore described vampires as bats, definitely not your 2013 Damon Salvatore. If books like, "The Vampire Diaries," described Damon and Stefan Salvatore as a tiny creatures with fangs who turned into a grotesque bald men, let's be honest we wouldn't flock to our television sets every Thursday night. Modern day vampires have made a dramatic change from what they once were (and I am grateful for this). Now they are described as sensational, irresistible human-like beings who far surpass any power we could begin to imagine. What's more is, the vampires these days are extremely sexy, for the most part.

Print my lovely webcomic

Watch the video. Seriously. I don't know what's worse. The first 2 minutes or the last 7.

Japanese people on Martha's Vineyard

Here is the creator:

Send my 9 year old son to gaming camp

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK has a new favorite as of 15:44 on Apr 27, 2013

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Accordion Man posted:

Hey guys do you want a sequel to the Nintendo horror video game Eternal Darkness? Well you're in luck because the original developer is trying to make a spiritual successor. They may have already fleeced a major publisher to help fund the gameplay video for it and also lost millions in a frivolous lawsuit they started last year, but don't worry guys they totally want to make a great game and not just steal your money. That's why they completely bypassed Kickstarter and Indiegogo and made the crowdfunding campaign on their own site, because they want to interact with you the gamer directly.

http://www.precursorgames.com/shadowoftheeternals/

Also please ignore their Terms of Use page, its all legal mumbo jumbo that hardcore gamers such as yourselves shouldn't bother yourselves with.

You forgot the part where they we re court ordered to destroy remaining inventory and IP related to Too Human after the lawsuit because of copyright infringement.

Although this isn't SK making it, that company is dead. I'm not entirely sure of the relationship that Precursor has with SK other than Dyack.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Xandu posted:

I don't understand, what do they mean by episodes?

Exactly what it sounds like.

There has been a push in recent years to break up games into episodic content. Its a cheaper way to expand a series than it is to make full blown sequels. Telltale tends to do this a lot with their adventure games, there is an overarching metaplot for the season that connects the smaller plots of individual episodes together.

It would actually not be all that horrible for the original ED, the game is structured to make it work. Each episode would have been exploring the mansion and beginning the next chapter of the game.

It really ends up being a bit of a mixed bag, it is definitely a cash grab for devs. However, it could lead to a longer experience than might normally be found in a straight up sequel.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

:stare: What an idiot. Not paying engine royalties is the dumbest thing you can do. I wonder if Too Human will become the ET of our generation

They destroyed extra copies of ET because they made more copies than systems in existence.

They destroyed Too Human because of a court ordered cease and desist.

They're not really anything similar.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Drunk Tomato posted:

Aren't the PA guys super rich by now? Why do they need a kickstarter?

They like to gently caress with Kickstarter.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Chris chan made a KS?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/551129138/energy-hook-0

A KS with a $1 goal.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK has a new favorite as of 14:14 on May 10, 2013

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Rifftrax was unable to secure the rights to riff on Twilight live over the summer.

So they're now doing Starship Troopers.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

PassTheRemote posted:

Huh, I backed that game. drat shame, it looked interesting, and pewter figures looked really nice. I'm not expecting a refund.

Anyway, Bitcoin printer:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/299052466/piper-a-hardware-based-paper-wallet-printer-and-mo

Anyway, I cannot fathom that that printer cost more than $100 to create, but he sells a model b for $200? Also, why is the second batch printers costing more than first batch?

If you're wondering about the price...

Three Olives posted:

Because all the work has already been done for you:

http://www.adafruit.com/products/597

Hmmm... This looks familiar:

http://www.adafruit.com/products/717

Oh...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

JDM3 posted:

I'm not going to bother looking, but is there a reason I need THIS kludged together thing that prints on proprietary, expensive, unreliable paper as opposed to this little gem that is normally $29 and occasionally on sale for much less?

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Deskjet-Printer-CH340A-B1H/dp/B003YGZIY0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374759269&sr=8-1&keywords=printer

EDIT: Please don't tell me the answer is because "Bitcoins!"

Thermal paper is hardly proprietary. Its also a ton cheaper than toner. Even if you buy the dudes marked up paper, he was selling it for like two or three bucks a roll. Toner can easily run ten times that. You would have a lower install cost, but probably a higher cost in support.

Otherwise its a piece of poo poo that exists to solve a nonexistent problem in a overcomplicated manner. Aka bitcoins.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mercury Hat posted:

There's also a free, open-source program called Ren'Py that not only makes it easy to make your game, but it requires no licensing fee or anything to sell your final product. It's a zero-cost start-up if you're doing the assets yourself, sort of like why there were so many sprite webcomics back in the day. Write a bunch of dialogue, paste a character into the scene, add some music and cherry blossoms, then you have the next big hit.

Whatever happened to that creepy anime VN kick starter? DNA Extreme or something?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

Also, I was going to include 50 air conditioners to illustrate how we are wasting electricity.

Nothing says being environmentally conscious like... actually wasting electricity.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mercury Hat posted:

I'll wager yours also fits over a container that won't get scalding hot once you pour in the coffee. Sorry if you missed out on ordering the mason jar koozie, enjoy burning the poo poo out of your hands once your coffee's brewed.

It's the $10 reward.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wjg/pong-tactics

When nerds can't leave Beer Pong well enough alone.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Is there a Knowles schadenfreude thread in CD or something?

All I know about Knowles is that hr was fat disabled rear end in a top hat.

I feel like I'm missing something.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

Watch his ‘HOUSE OF PAIN’ sequence in BLADE 2. BLADE 2 is the tongue, mouth, fingers and lips of a lover. The Audience is the clit.

:stonk:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The upgrade wasn't entirely free. The promotions were "We'll give you card X if you also back/backed Kickstarter Y. You'll still get card X if you picked the deluxe set.".

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Noni posted:

Was Subutai open from the start that the Kickstarter campaign was only for first round fundraising, or was this something they announced after they blew half a million bucks on hookers and swords?

Nothing in the initial pitch mentioned this wrinkle.

But the "Give us some money to prototype, and then we'll get picked up by a real investor" strategy ended up working for the OUYA.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/844250995/centerpiece-small-box-holds-a-full-sized-board-gam

quote:

To play simply learn to drop the dice off the box, and keep them on the game-board. The very first corner space states, Divide Your Game Parts. What made that work, are five No/Rest circles added to select spaces. They take away the choice, of which game-piece to move. Before I adding those circles, catch-22's would happen. A different space states, Exchange Your Bank of Feathers. It allows a player to come from behind at anytime

I'm sold.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
You Could Own A Chicken Painting!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SupSuper posted:

The Skullgirls Indiegogo did pretty well.

But yeah, projects with their head on straight only resort to Indiegogo if they got no other choice. The Paypal debacle sure didn't help.

Was DNA Twister Gender Bender Extreme on Indiegogo? That atrocity made a ton of cash for a furry Ren'Py VN.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Morglon posted:

Well has Square done anything worthwhile in the last say, 5 years? I might be generous here.

They're making a loving killing as a publisher. They still poo poo out a DQ or FF game every few years, but they published Just Cause 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, new Tomb Raider, Hitman, Thief, Nier...

They are doing fairly well and have pretty much grown past being a company that makes RPGs.

end: oops, thought I edited this in.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

She has no idea how or why things go viral but she's aware that it's a thing and she honestly feels that her dumb idea is simply the peachiest keenest thing ever so how can people not go crazy over it?

She reminds me of the projects we keep finding where people designed a boardgame 15 years ago and have dedicated their lives to trying to get it published and into shops and ended up bankrupted and confused. "B-b-but I had it all planned out! I just don't understand why no one wants to play my game, it's the best game in the whole world!"

Bulletball.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TetsuoTW posted:

I was going to say running around with a broomstick rubbing and banging on your junk for however long can't be good for it, but looking at that photo, I don't think anything of value is being lost.

One of them's an Aggie. He's probably lost all feeling down there years ago.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MrAptronym posted:

Everything about this is great:

The aristocrats.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Five Cent Deposit posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1931815534/gaming-cafe-and-club

Good grief. The guy's bio:

"have Pc and tech background ,over 30 years of gaming and 20 years in video casting..and Pc repairs,martial arts,Private Investigator,and Bodyguard work .."

I need help making a Place where Gamers like me and others can meet up with little to no cost out pocket and just play games and be are self-without being told that we too old or young to game

He has a tiny little picture of a 25,000 sqft space he claims to own. How on earth does someone this stupid own more than a pair of velcro sneakers? His previous failed kickstarter is just as amazing:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1931815534/gamers-world-movie

Here is a video of way games should be and though of as bad

more:

going get a med line cam and crew run it and way to and from the gamer's homes and then get it edited as we go By some best ..
also going need rights post the names games they play and permits if needed
then i like get hard copys of the movie made and download copys as well site and link or what ever i feel best the download copy will only be 1 buck it help found the next movie Gamers and Pros Gamers life
my plain is to have this all done ready watch on net or dvd by 7/4/14 if fully funded
so Thax for Help and Hope see you in Movie ;)

This is the future exterior of the ultimate game club:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Autechresaint posted:

Just think for a moment, someone at kickstarter actually watched the video, saw the mspaint drawings and then went ahead and approved it. Is there no serious vetting going on over there?

They green lighted a rape manual. No.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Drunk Tomato posted:

I didn't look at these Kickstarters but I assume it's people trying to profit off this idea for some reason?

Not really, most of them are being run by community development centers, neighborhood improvement organizers, or the city in question. There are some that are being run by a coalition of businesses, but it doesn't appear that most of those are even going to reserve the space for their customers.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Zore posted:

Also, dude posted three times in 2008 and before that in 2004 or earlier. It is entirely possible he had no idea what SA thought about Ponies.

Post history only shows posts in active topics. When something is moved into the archives, it drops out of post history.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Xandu posted:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-want-my-nerd-hq-2014

We need $1m to put on this FREE convention. If only there was a more obvious way to make money, like charging people for tickets...

Held in San Diego at the same time as the SDCC.

This is going to be a smashing success.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Great Rumbler posted:

I think it's partly the fact that Oculus is a box you strap to your face that makes it niche [at least for the time being].

Please don't toolshame.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TheSpiritFox posted:

I just read about a failed Christian Kickstarter making a game and now they're convinced Satan is fighting the release of their Abraham RPG. I figured if there was anywhere I could find a blow by blow about this it would be here, has it already come up? Links?

Call of Abraham? Nothing much, lovely game that raised about 20% before it was cancelled. No big flameout until now, I guess.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeGRUAZdhCo

Evil Dead: The Musical owns. It hits just about all the good beats from the movies (trees, pencil, everyone not-named Linda disappearing at the start of 2, hand) and the original showings reserved the first two or three rows as a splatter zone.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm not sold unless I can stash my cash as well.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

A Steampunk Gent posted:

No loving way. I thought that would be a shoo-in for breaking some content guidelines or even just an arbitrary company veto. I'm really looking forward to the wordy, in depth reviews praising the game's deep and nuanced story and well rounded(!) characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost