Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

moerketid posted:

I can only imagine this is a joke, and yet...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/973736766/cybermatrix-100

I just don't even know what's going on.

Just think for a moment, someone at kickstarter actually watched the video, saw the mspaint drawings and then went ahead and approved it. Is there no serious vetting going on over there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

pathetic little tramp posted:

I think we've all been there, jobless, mentally deranged, with nothing but a couple crude mspaints of a console, living in a van down by the river, an American flag, and a goddamn dream.

Fixed that for you.

RIP Chris Farley :cry:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
We could have funded cyber games and still lost less money than doobie and gotten a better joke at that

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Autechresaint posted:

Just think for a moment, someone at kickstarter actually watched the video, saw the mspaint drawings and then went ahead and approved it. Is there no serious vetting going on over there?

They'd have to have a reason for rejection stated somewhere, guess they don't want to tell someone that he needs mental help

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Alan Smithee posted:

We could have funded cyber games and still lost less money than doobie and gotten a better joke at that

Okay, I'm in.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Autechresaint posted:

Not as far as anyone can tell, actually.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Autechresaint posted:

They green lighted a rape manual. No.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
There are for sure some behind the scenes shenanigans at Kickstarter with regards to which projects get accepted.

You know the GameKlip, that piece of plastic that attaches a DS3 controller to an android phone for mobile gaming? Well, my friend is the creator of that, and the project was rejected by Kickstarter for vague reasons. This was several years ago, right around when Kickstarter first started.

Of course, he then went on to self-manufacturing and sold a poo poo ton of units. So gently caress Kickstarter.

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0

moerketid posted:

if you watched the video you would have realized both its not a joke and you just found GBS's dan quinn

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

moerketid posted:

"CYBERMATRIX 100 posted:

500 DOLLARS WILL GO TOWARDS SHOPPING AND THE 2000 DOLLARS WILL GO FOR MY CYBERMATRIX.

Is this not pretty much outright stated as a big no-no in the kickstarter rules? (Since it is pretty much fund-my-life.)

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It's probably for shopping at the power matrix store, stop being such a negative nelly.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Why are you cybershopping from the cyberstore when you can cyberwholesale from cyberchina for cybercheap?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
I'm sorry Mr. Bishop, but what you've got here isn't a business and I don't understand the product. Good luck finding a manufacturer—I'm out.

quote:

i intend to make the console [incl powerpods for the powerportal, and powerbooth. if made, i'll deliver the diagrams for kickstarter via word and hopefully it'll get made.

i have the diagrams, but that's all i have.

EDIT: Oh god his loving teeth!
And no rewards! Two different pledge levels with no rewards whatsoever!

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 02:40 on Jan 17, 2014

Christian Knudsen
Oct 13, 2012

The Internet: Reminding You That There Are A Lot Of Profoundly hosed Up People Out There Since The Early 90s

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/702720093/defend-from-the-romans-3d-multiplayer-tower-defens?ref=search

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Autechresaint posted:

Aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Kickstarter doing vetting

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

That's the worst tower defense I've ever seen

Models are lovely copies of War3, the stats and names are probably too, and you can only possibly build in like 2 rows of 5 slots, you can't even maze.

Baby's first unity game. I bet he even followed a tutorial.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Nnep posted:

if you watched the video you would have realized both its not a joke and you just found GBS's dan quinn

Holy poo poo :catstare: I'm pretty sure I saw another one of this guy's videos on America's Creepiest Serial Killers one time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

That's the worst tower defense I've ever seen

Models are lovely copies of War3, the stats and names are probably too, and you can only possibly build in like 2 rows of 5 slots, you can't even maze.

Baby's first unity game. I bet he even followed a tutorial.
Single file?!?!!

Everyone knows the Romans would move in testudo formation in a siege like this

poo poo's just sloppy

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

Everyone knows the Romans would move in testudo formation in a siege like this

Unless they were facing medieval towers shooting fire and frost magic. Take the famous battle of Helm's deep for example.

hrvat
Nov 8, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Every frame of that Cybermatrix video looks like that man's last known photograph.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Cybermatrix guy has appended his pitch:

bad ideas posted:

this particular diagram for the console has the ability to make games, movies and music using only one engine: the main cpu and gpu has the ability to concoct the engine to make media with the above info.

you can also interact with others inside a cyberterminal, which means a terminal where users can socialize just like reality.

in comaprison with cyberspace and real space, there is no difference. the only difference is that there is no pain, nor death. you're only defeated even when you get hit with a disintebeam or killbeam. in the battlegrounds, the above elements are prohibited and restricted.

So is he talking about a first party game or... what the gently caress is going on here?

more bad ideas posted:

editions for the console is stated below:

basic: $300

super: $350

mega: $400

ultra: $500

What do each of these editions do? Ultra comes with killbeams?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Noyemi K posted:

So is he talking about a first party game or... what the gently caress is going on here?

It's magic. Everything works by magic.

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
its pretty clear that the cybermatrix is the ramblings of a mentally disabled person, which the diagrams he draws line the walls of his retard cage that his parents lock him in after the first 3 seconds of the video

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I'm confused. The beams he mentioned aren't allowed in battlegrounds just in the lobby? What kind of sense does that make? Oh, right, none.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

Cybermatrix guy has appended his pitch:

What do each of these editions do? Ultra comes with killbeams?

$500 is a lot, but gently caress, I want those killbeams.

That's how they get ya :argh:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Anoia posted:

It's magic. Everything works by magic.

cybermagic

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

These guys want one and a half grand to play with lego.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

cybermatrix guy posted:

i hope that this console [like the ouya] will be successful and full of entertainment, maybe more...

:allears:

Dream on kiddo, dream on.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Success in that you could scam that many people out of money and not be held accountable. American dream

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And it's Star Wars themed, which is loving cheating with Lego.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
I guess they've never seen the Star Wars exhibits at Legoland?

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Waffleman_ posted:

And it's Star Wars themed, which is loving cheating with Lego.

Haha yeah. Just imagine them sitting around coming up with this Kickstarter.

"Hey man you've heard of Star Wars right? People like Lego and Star Wars, bring them together, its never been done before at this scale!!"

Its kind of funny how far Kickstarter gets from the idealised launchpad for original and risky concepts.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I hope they get funded because the idea of some guys scamming internet people into paying for their lego bricks is wonderful.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Plus, those "rewards" are some of the worst I've ever seen on Kickstarter.

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE

KiddieGrinder posted:

I guess they've never seen the Star Wars exhibits at Legoland?

While I don't think this Kickstarter is well-wrought just yet, their model of Hoth actually is one of the Star Wars exhibits in a satellite store.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
In classic Kickstarter fashion, they promise a massive 7-section model, and then at the very end of the Kickstarter they mention that the funding is only going to cover 1 small section of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Germstore posted:

I hope they get funded because the idea of some guys scamming internet people into paying for their lego bricks is wonderful.

It's like a let's play video, hope they build the whole thing with a face cam in the corner.