Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Shanghaied posted:

Clearly I should start a kickstarter for "safety brooms" - a limp styrofoam stick you pin between your legs.

The only worthwhile Harry Potter broom merchandize was a kids' vibrating magical broom. The real shocker was when little girls seemed to REALLY enjoy 'riding' them for extended periods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Fatkraken posted:

Know what's minimalist?

they cost about 2 pence.

I'd love to see an infomercial made for this - a clumsy simpleton completely stymied by a key ring - cut to an attractive lady picking a Key Disc out of her purse and laughing at how easy and fun opening locks has become!

If they produce that infomercial then I'm willing to back this puppy. The world needs more DRTV!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

the Gaffe posted:

Hey everyone, whats your first thought when you see a kickstarter with the words sandbox, MMO, and "less is more" philosophy?

Well don't bust your brains too hard, because this is literally what you were thinking:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forgedchaos/trials-of-ascension-a-truly-innovative-mmorpg

Someone has already pledged $5000 for a game that doesn't exist. Why would you? Are the developers well-known MMORPG designers, or why would anyone invest such amount of money for a game that may be poo poo?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

senrath posted:

I'd guess it's called "being friends with the dev team."

Oh, right. It's just going to be a bit embarrasing with all the in-game statues of the developers' moms...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

PepperSinclaire posted:

In other dumb culinary Kickstarter news, local to me is this gimmicky nonsense. Environmentally friendly, you say? I would have thought not adding frivolous electronic components into a mug would be pretty environmentally sound, but hey, I'm not a design student, so...

You don't get it! It'll save numerous human lives from death by scalding hot tea, these people deserve a Nobel for their efforts to improve our lives.

Just be smart and don't put your smart mug in a microwave.

Spangly A posted:

Kickstarter vibrating guitars. Do not steal.

Vibrating ben wa dice.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

quote:

Pledge $200 or more
You selected

0 backers Limited (40 left of 40)

A night on the town with Dan in which he will recite all 50 Mango Chutney jokes sporadically throughout the date. Valid only in New York City
Why would you do this? Why???

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

The Supreme Court posted:

Zombicide Storage Case!

The main bit is sad, "Only $150 for a $23 wooden case", but the other option just cracks me up:

quote:

Pledge $15 or more

FAN FICTION PDF - A PDF version of my fan fiction short story "This Bites" (set in the Zombicide Universe) emailed directly to you with a personal message.

:what:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Frozen-Solid posted:

What is it about bad Kickstarters that think including an "endorsement" that is obviously not an endorsement is a good idea?

Thing is, if your game is called Stalin vs. Martians IV then the fact that it's a sequel to SvsM is the biggest anti-endorsement that you can get. If they want to fund that thing through crowdsourcing then they can't really avoid adressing the issue that the entire franchise is a worthless dog turd "but this time it'll be different, we promise!"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Just google 'camera stick' and you'll find a plethora in the market. What's different with this one is that it's got a button on the handle that instructs the camera via bluetooth, whereas the traditional ones rely on a timer function on the camera.

Although you can download an application to turn any bluetooth device like your handsfree set into a remote shutter, so again, why bother.

Nenonen has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Dec 27, 2013

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

What, you mean Jack Chick was lying???

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Captain Capacitor posted:

If women with back problems aren't your thing, perhaps you'd prefer to stick it to that lovely SimCity game and play a immensely more realistic game

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Noyemi K posted:

The Last Stand RPG is going to be a good and fun RPG where you need to save your land and town

This has to be a joke, I hope

'Scottland'

'bata game'

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Morglon posted:

Why does that fake plastic lady have hard fake nipples?

Because it would be totally gross if the plastic mannequin had real nipples, ugh.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Otisburg posted:

I'm the donut mouth.

He never recovered from Superman 64. :(

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Steampunk iPhone posted:

even if it turns out to be medically safe, blood donation needles are huge and it hurts to move your arm around when they're in

no one who wouldn't donate blood normally would want to slowly lose blood over an hour while the needle keeps jiggling around in their veins, however i do support this kickstarter because im in favour of anything that inflicts pain on gamers

I'm a semi-regular blood donor and I suppose that some kind of game paraphernalia could work. To make the blood flow through your arm at a good pace it helps if you keep on flexing your fist. A single handed game controller like the Wii Remote would do that nicely but you'd have to design the game well to make it interesting but not so exciting that you hurt yourself and lasting just long enough and what's the loving point???

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Maera Sior posted:

I sense a design flaw: How do you know your cat isn't the one hitting it?

If your kids hit it, it will automatically call the CPS.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Paladinus posted:

That doesn't look like a nazi uniform at all. Looks more Soviet, really.

Yeah, was going to post that it looked like NKVD, especially the cap. It could be an amalgamation of both looks.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:gizz: FEELING TIRED WALKING AROUND FOR HOURS?

:shobon: Why yes, my feet are actually-

:gizz: COME SIT AT THE SPERM COUCH THEN!

:barf:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

If you ran a blacklight on the cream colored couch it would look like Chernobyl
Chairnobyl
Cumnobyl
Fuk-u-shima cumnami site

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Everytime you light a cigarette and don't immediately throw the match/zippo/candle/whatever to ground, a soldier somewhere in the world gets shot by the sniper ghost :ghost:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I could see this (the below one) at an amusement park fun house, but no doubt they're trying to sell it as serious health tech
https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1215413847298756608

the 'you new mobile desk' would be real handy for long toilet sessions though

Nenonen has a new favorite as of 12:55 on Jan 10, 2020

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I'm sure this one has been mentioned before but I'm at loss

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Toothpaste as a service

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Are there any rules about how many e-cigs can be connected to a usb hub simultaneously in a battlefield?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kennel posted:

The real reason why you don't want to light multiple cigarettes with a single match is that it makes you all gay!

So... Match.com is homophobic?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

If the Pokemon Original Idea Don't Steal guy owned a suit and a tie and went to a startup event then he probably would have walked out of there carrying big bags of $

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

This is my favourite part:

For $500 you get to design the car for him

It's nice to hear that Chris Roberts is still active.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Elviscat posted:

Comrade, all flights to space are from Baikonur Cosmodrome on superior Russian Rocket design, da? Then all people in the cosmos now are cosmonauts, da?

Foolish imperialist dog, only glorious taikonauts deserve to grace our night sky!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Hub Cat posted:

Cizor knives are crafted from one of the hardest man made materials in existence, tungsten carbide. You may recognize the compact and time tested form factor of the popular Tidashi knife. Carry it with you anywhere, held securely in its silicone cap. The back of the Cizor is a functional safety tool, which can break a car window in case of an emergency. I am also introducing a much larger pen size version and anodized aluminum stands for both sizes.

Cool, now I can break car windows and stab cops with a single tool in the next BLM protest! :c00l:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

These clowns decide to build a methanol super-soaker inside a 3d-printed shell. This thing could seriously kill you just for trying to use it.

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

nonathlon posted:

We're talking about boardgamers, so this should sell like hotcakes.

imho this is targeted at WoW collectors, whether it can be played is irrelevant

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

Adult coloring books have always been a thing, but in the past few years they've become a lot more popular.

I suppose standard adult colouring books are about colourful or, ehh, "beautiful" things (or calming patterns like mandalas), not classic computers. Also in my perception the main audience is womenfolk, while this one's demographic differs somewhat. But the makers probably are very aware about these points!

Years ago there was a public domain Cthulhu mythology colouring book online that you could print for kids so they could colour Yog Sothoth pretty (and drive them mad). But now I see there's lots of similar offerings, for kids and adults alike, some free, some less free. I'm not sure if there's really that many people looking for new H.P. Lovecraft colouring books really, but more power to those who actually do like to colour those things :)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Hub Cat posted:

Pledge $1,000 or more
Signed Copy of the Book
I will be setting aside 26 hard back copies for the first 26 people who donate $1000, signed by me (the Author). The Book will be ready for release by mid August. Books will be sent out during the month of September.
This is all so :psyduck: why 26??? Is your pen hand too weak to sign more than 26 copies? Or do you expect that that is the sweet spot where people are willing to hand out their $1k but no more or the signed copies start losing value?

AlbieQuirky posted:

“I have recently wrote a book” is not an auspicious beginning.

I am are Baboon!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

lmfao

quote:

Floating City will be one of the largest manmade structures in existence and, subsequently, one of the most photographed as well. One can look at pictures of the ship and begin to imagine what it will look like built. It will be an architectural mesh of glass, steel, and other materials carefully sculpted into a city roughly 1394 Meter long, 230 Meter wide, and 110 Meter high where 100,000 people are present at any given moment. However, what will life be like aboard Floating City?

They would first need to build an entire new shipyard because there is nowhere in the world that you could build such a thing. This is currently the widest ship in the world, 70 meters at stern.

Building shipyards is not cheap, better make a kickstarter for that first.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Why not skip the unnecessary part and just tie thousands of rescue rafts together to live in?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Thomamelas posted:

Because then everyone has a life raft. And if everyone has a life raft, how am I supposed to gouge people looking for one in case of emergency? You're loving with the free market man....

Oh, maybe the invisible hand of market could wield an invisible BB gun to create scarcity then...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

There is an outdoor space on the front with a waterslide, but since this is libertopia I assume there is a fee for service to use it, because it is nowhere near big enough for all 100,000 residents to have access. Better stock up on Vitamin D.

There is a fee, but in exchange you also get to go to the slide with an eight years old kid. Other services cost extra.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

RatHat posted:

Isnt that just like a bigger Central Vacuum cleaner system? Not exactly revolutionary and seems like a lot of money just to avoid putting dirty laundry in a basket and transporting it occasionally.

They missed the opportunity of marketing it as a dual use laundry/message capsule system. Write a note, put it in a capsule and throw it into the suck to let your mom know that you want poptarts stat.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

I think it's a gag too, but I'm tickled by the idea of doing it as presented rather than someone spending 15 minutes running through the stats and filling in a handful of key items and stuff. "Look, I know you hired us last year to get Lord Fartington up to level 12 but man, everyone's schedule has been crazy lately, we haven't even had a game this month"

They'd hire some Vietnamese for cheap to do the playing, and the customer is left wondering why their character has gained levels in guerrilla warfare and become a Đạo Mẫu follower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Why don't they make a Rule The Waves clone, but based on Steamboat Willie. Or just anything in which you play with steamboats, like Steamboat Tycoon Featuring Mickey The loving Mouse