Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Would be neat if they successfully fund and create both games, and they're both ~amazing and great. Then they'll just enter this continuous circle of crowd funding as a permanent source of income to supplement games, since people know they're good on their word.

~~~THE FUTURE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I have no money so I'll spend five dollars to buy nothing with the promise of getting nothing in the future. Gotcha.

I put in 1-5 dollars always. That's mostly so I get emailed updates, and know how the KS is going. When it's a day or two from finishing, I'll put in the amount I know I can spare. It's the same reason I cancel any monthly subscription so I can manually charge the credit card the next month, so I can account for everything I spend and when. Just a personal preference.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Please give us $400,000 to dress in bad cosplay, and then film it. Final Fantasy VII the web series.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ffviiwebseries/final-fantasy-vii-the-web-series-unofficial-fan-pr

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
My main problem is that all the characters they've shown so far have really bad costume design. They're mimicking how they looked in the game exactly, even if that look looks terrible in a real-world scenario. When you make a film adaptation, you adjust the character's clothes to make it look appropriate on an actual actor, not cling on to the authentic PS1 graphics they came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U36HbN0w8x4

it all just looks so gawdy

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Not to mention it's made by resident goon. It looks really good, just seems all he missed to do was spread the word through more avenues. Though I myself am not familiar with what those are.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Crain posted:

Oh poo poo a Dropsy Game. The original was one of my favorite SA CYOA threads up there with Microbe best. A good kickstarter.
Too bad it doesn't look like it's going to make it :saddowns: Couldn't he have made a lot more publicity on the forums? People love his threads.

edit: Wait nevermind he did make a thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3559134

the Gaffe has a new favorite as of 17:14 on Jul 24, 2013

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Look zaphod, anything that gets me closer to the toys from Small Soldiers the better. PLEDGED!

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
The creator of the KS seems talkative on the comments section, if someone wants to ask the specifics of the project.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Is that a big plastic container filled with legos? childhoods never die.

the Gaffe has a new favorite as of 05:51 on Jul 27, 2013

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Have you ever seen an anime? Those homeless looking guys with the long beards are full of wisdom. and martial arts.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/954587867/men-vs-cosplay-2014-gaming-calendar-project

You know, maybe I'm just not hip enough, but I never understood the hardcore cosplay community. That's probably just me though. Now who still buys calenders that, one, likes cosplay enough, and two, isn't an old lady.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

mks5000 posted:

Wait, wait, wait. They want people to pay 200$ to fly their asses out to wherever the hell they film, secure lodging, and do labor for them?

What the loving christ.

It's most likely the reward of someone who has no experience, and thinks PAs are overall useless.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Hey everyone, whats your first thought when you see a kickstarter with the words sandbox, MMO, and "less is more" philosophy?

Well don't bust your brains too hard, because this is literally what you were thinking:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forgedchaos/trials-of-ascension-a-truly-innovative-mmorpg

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Nenonen posted:

Someone has already pledged $5000 for a game that doesn't exist. Why would you? Are the developers well-known MMORPG designers, or why would anyone invest such amount of money for a game that may be poo poo?

If you look through the comments section, and the fact that this has only been up for one day, it seems some other awful kickstarter community is playing him like a card. Or I just don't understand anything any more.

Kickstarter comment posted:

The market needs this game so badly... almost as much as we *want* it ;)
Just wanted to thank those for giving what they can from the $50 and under mark, after waiting for so long for a game like this to appear and to see others give anything they can spare to help bring a real challenge to the world... it's just amazing... all of you are real gamers and I'm really looking forward to logging in one day and gaming with you.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Tears In A Vial posted:

I don't understand how what they have invented is different from just storing the bottle upside down.
They invented a way so you can put any bottle upside down. That's it. Also I bet they totally expect people like hairstylist to buy like 30 of them for all their bottles. Saves money!!!!!

As a random observation I'm always astounded how much money the miniatures community has. Like every project that has miniatures sky rockets in ways other categories simple don't. It's odd because it certainly isn't as big as market as say, video game players.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Isn't there a bunch of videos on youtube showing that you can separate them instantly with an empty bottle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AirVOuTN_M

This is basically just monetizing that like many companies tend to do with their cheap plastic appliances. Now the everyday man can monetize those things himself with the power of kickstarter!!!

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Jeez, I knew the product itself seemed overall frivolous, but that Amazon link is literally the exact same thing.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
I enjoy the ending where she mumbles to herself about people telling her to get a job.

Job? I'll show you all. Kickstarter here we come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh/posts/858121

Already got a video up about the 1 million.

Levar Burton has a tear in his eye and now so do i