Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Me in Reverse posted:

Here is a list of over 50 WICKED TRICK MOVE VIDEOS that I will reference in this BOOK.

AWESOME RIGHT?
Pssh, only 50? I have five hundred :smug:
With such moves as:
-impossible immortal crush
-yellow emperor's chopstick strike
-impressive goldfish spirit
-resplendent foo-dog penetration
-emasculating ghost slash
-destructive hummingbird neck-snap
-excellent buddha essence

Clearly my teenage kung-fu wizard, secret pop-star identity, coming of age story is going to be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Cerevisiae posted:

River City Ransom Underground has to have the worst pitch video I've seen to date. The gameplay footage looks good but everything else about it is awkward and annoying.
River City Ransom EX never existed apparently. I'm all for a new RCR but from the end it sounds like WE SPENT ALL OUR MONEY ON THE LICENSE. Why didn't they Kickstart/release the game as an homage to RCR instead?
(Why am I asking this question? I know the answer already, nerds will throw wads of :10bux: at this because it has the RCR name even if it is average)

Croccers has a new favorite as of 09:28 on Sep 11, 2013

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Fatkraken posted:

In this case though, weren't the cards basically touted as an exclusive donation bonus? I think that's the issue. Imagine a CCG card, like a magic the gathering card, being offered as a bonus when you buy a MTG videogame for $10, but then the stores have a bunch left over and literally just give them away to anyone who wants one. In that instance I think people would get miffed, because the entire reason for the card existing was as a special bonus to people who bought the game. It really depends on how it was worded and what people were led to expect.
Didn't that actually happen? Because that sounds familiar.
This is the closest I could find :shrug: http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/1263

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Enilev posted:

:nms: and possibly :nws:

If you want to pretend you're getting eaten by a giant dragon, there's now an Indiegogo project for "Bigger Badder Vore Toys".

Preview:

Delivery dates is all over the place too. Some is May '14, then Feb '15, March '15 then Feb '16.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

semiavrage posted:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/no-more-woof

A device to let your dog talk to you. Oh but it's just an idea, it doesn't work yet. BUT IT WILL! BECAUSE SCIENCE!

...they made 20k...
I don't have a problem if they were just Kickstarting/GoGoing to fund research but they're totally shilling it as a WORKING DOG TRANSLATOR product.
It's a cool idea but come on, they said they've been at it for six months. Like $20,000 is going to speed it up into a working finalized product that quickly.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DrManiac posted:

You didn't even post the best picture.

> Well yeah, but I'm going to get my money's worth, right?
Why do all American malls/shopping centers look the same?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

moerketid posted:

This is pretty much why I still have an MP3 player too (iPod touch that I got for Xmas in 2009 or something). Smartphones have awful battery lives. That said, there's no way I'd shell out on a loving Pono, especially when quality of the headphones/speakers is going to matter way more than file format.
I have a Galaxy S2 and the battery lasts a good 2-3 days with listening to a lot of music and using the internet because I turn the screen brightness down and only have Wifi on when I need to use it.
I also don't have a poo poo-ton of apps and games that constantly check poo poo online that also drain battery.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Beyblades is still around too. Last year they released an AR game for the 3DS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGkubuKLmEY

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel like nobody paid attention to the warning against the Internet of Things that MegaMan Battle Network gave back in 2001. "Hey, if my oven is connected to the Internet, anyone can just burn my house down!"
I brought this up on the Internet of Things twitter and the hot-take is that nobody paid attention to MMBN in general :(
The best thing is that this is pretty much the FIRST thing that happens in a SIX+ game series.
Other IoT in the series includes a doghouse, a meteor, pretty much loving everything, the weather, no seriously loving everything everything gets hacked or virused all the time it's insane.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Just use a loving Camel pack or something, jeeze. You don't even really have to use your hands then.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jedit posted:

QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Why is there skulls on the capsules?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

For well below the $100 price tag of the RokBlok you could get a portable record player with Bluetooth that actually works and doesn't destroy your records but, I dunno, when was the last time you saw one of those on Shark Tank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdTkL_hqTww

I love the little comment fight. gently caress yeah I'd dump it and take that loving deal quick smart before they figure it out.

wa27 posted:

Amazing how much worse it sounds than the item it's knocking off.

If someone was going to make a gimmick "turntable" where the record stays stationary, they should do something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOuxU6OEHWU&t=360s

Then you could solve the speed issue, the tracking force issue, and the tracking issue. It would only sit on the label and could even have a remote to lower and raise the cartridge. Done properly and it wouldn't damage records any more than a standard turntable. And it would still be gimmicky enough to sell to idiots.
Combine it with a laser turntable and add a visible laser to it, add flashing LEDs to it. loving discoball record player.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

senrath posted:

Yup. Most payment processors classify adult products as "high risk" and will refuse to work with people who deal in them. From what I understand this also means that the terms you can get with the ones that will allow adult business are a lot shittier than "normal" accounts.
Mostly 'shittier' in the way they take a larger cut/higher fees because they know there's a limited amount of companies that will do it.
https://www.cardpaymentoptions.com/credit-card-processing/adult-credit-card-processing-services/

welp that's not Edit.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

SubNat posted:

I imagine it could be used as a portable emulator machine though, if you were to simply ignore any of the probably billions of android powered units that can do that, and are already on market.
This has a built-in keyboard :shrug:
Sure you can bluetooth a keyboard/gamepad to your phone/tablet but euggh

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

Fun thing is the 360 controller had a mini-keyboard you could plug into the headset jack. (and it had another jack down the bottom for the actual headset). I actually used it a lot when I did play it, it's a good weight.
I loved that thing.
Got the most use out of it in GTA Online where you could send ingame text messages to people. Bust out a proper sentence to someone, then slaughter them while they clumsily responding with the on-screen keyboard.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

:shrug:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ein posted:

It was the notebook that could be erased by being put in a microwave.
That sounds like it would make a cool 'spy toy' for kids at least :shrug:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

m0therfux0r posted:

I know this is pretty far back on the previous page, but the reason tons of places still don't carry these (even though they were first released in like 2011) is because they have a high production failure rate. I knew someone that was an engineer for Heinz and she mentioned that the fail rate for those was WAY higher than everything else they produced, to the point that they make significantly less money off of selling them than they should. So maybe they fixed that if they're popping up more places now.
We don't seem to have that problem in Australia :smug:
Seriously, is the Masterfood squeezy packet patented or something?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
ACB don't like Drugs with Names but are 100% perfectly ok with Item Name: 'Generic Drug'/They're 'Vitamins' Not Drugs :wink:. All of the Max Payne games got through without a second look.
Then you get stuff like Syndicate (The 2012 one with cool powers but lovely story FPS one) getting banned over... violence? :shrug: But The Darkness 2 is cool I guess sure whatever.
But it's still mostly really weird and arbitrary poo poo.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

I thought the point was that these didn’t go into landfill, because recyclable.

Am I really the only one here who uses Ziploc bags sometimes?
Until China just sends it back cause they don't want it.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-03-03/recycling-industry-in-crisis-can-it-be-fixed/9502512

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I love the whole 'You strain your eyes from working too much, put these on so you can continue working' vibe going on here.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The Onion already did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
She's breasting boobily towards the hero entering the tavern.