Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I thought the Occupy chess game was okay until I scrolled down and saw the concept art for the 99% pawn:

:ughh:

Check out these sweet rewards:

quote:

Pledge $1 or more

You will have my eternal gratitude!

quote:

Pledge $5 or more

Your name will appear in the game credits!

But wait! For the low price of :10bux:, you get your name in bold!

quote:

Pledge $10 or more

Your name will appear in the credits, in bold!

What happened to you, Occupy?

Kaiju Cage Match has a new favorite as of 13:56 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

door Door door posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573935592/were-putting-a-tardis-into-orbit-really?ref=home_popular

Yeah let's spend a bunch of money putting more space junk into low earth orbit. This is what von Braun dreamed of.

What are the chances of that thing re-entering the atmosphere and killing someone/something?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

iPhone-shaped steampunk Kobe beef jerky.

The nerd-bucks print themselves!

And toss some zombie poo poo in there for good measure.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

What if the FBI can remotely turn your phone back on? :tinfoil:

I'm loving the anti-infrared hijab. Because that's gonna be really comfortable.

I love this thing:

Protect your smartphone privacy by sticking out in public. Seeing out of it must suck, too.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Yeah man, gently caress art.

Possibly. Like you said (in the bit that I cut from your post) this anti-RF pocket is cumbersome, wildly imperfect for its advertised function, and totally defeats the purpose of having a smartphone. Knowing what I know about Adam Harvey, the point to this project was never to give the buyers something convenient or useful. The products are inconvenient by design, because in order to fulfill their prescribed function they'd have to be.

The point behind this isn't to get a bunch of :tinfoil: Alex Jones listeners to buy into his products or for everybody on the planet to walk around wearing reflective burqas while keeping their cellphones in toaster bags. They're art objects.

If that's the case, then I stand corrected.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

KiddieGrinder posted:

Quick where's SoundMonkey!?! He needs to get in touch with their family and give them a helpful hand and sort everything out for them.

I know a guy who knows a guy who's willing to dump his family's Christmas money on this.

He says his family knows of this noble sacrifice but they're probably gonna off him in the middle of the night for his million dollar life insurance policy anyway.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The really stupid thing here is that it's not the same artist at all, actually.

e- Seriously, go check.

Sorry friend, I'm not gonna fall for your trickery.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Jett posted:

what were the dickgirls being accused of, anyway?

Being dickgirls?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Guys, did you know that fats are paid $1.25 an hour less than thins? And other dumb things.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/319256879/fattitude-a-body-positive-documentary

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Snuffman posted:

Whatever happened with the "Tesla" Museum? Last I hear they were scrambling just to buy the land and hadn't even done anything yet.

EDIT: Just looked at the Exploding Kittens KS.

People aren't this dumb, are they? There's no gameplay there.

Turn over card, get "kitten card", loose game. But wait, you can draw a card to skip your turn! Or a card to "diffuse" a kitten card so you don't loose. Or a card to do "something" that's completely unexplained and likely, at this point, completely not thought out or planned!

Sounds like something you'd place once or twice and then never again.

but but but cats and memes and epic bacon Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison hated cats and narwhals!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I was expecting Tumblr Mario Kart, not a bad card game.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1968200734/wave-goodbye-to-cyberbullies-and-trolls-socialauto

Wave goodbye to cyberbullies... because we're gonna doxx the poo poo out of 'em or something.

(Also the maker was supposedly doxxed in response to the Kickstarter. She did not think this through).

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Lin is a Trekkie. And the biggest nerd because he and Vin Diesel turned F&F into adaptations of D&D.

Roll a D20 to avoid pulling a Paul Walker.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224492525/ponyfinder-dawn-of-the-fifth-age

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

If I pull that off will they die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

This looks nice, but can it play DOOM?