Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Famine Poodle posted:

He wants to cosplay.
Well if his rock costume is anything to go by he has a lot to learn.

Although he does have the general shape right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dienes posted:

This has to be the laziest thing I've seen in a while. I need 6,000 dollars to sell an empty jar for peeling eggs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1095155807/larsons-egg-peeler/description

quote:

Yo! I'm creating a kick-rear end custom kitchen tool for peeling eggs in just seconds.
Dude knows how to appeal to today's youth, at least.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Familiar Foreigner posted:

I've never seen anything like that here in the states, or heard of it for that matter even though I worked in a grocery store for a while. Closest American equivalent available to the public I know of usually comes frozen like this.

Which is used like this.

Then water is added to make juice.

It does say it keeps stuff cold for 24 hrs, maybe that's still an option :v:.
Nah, they're all over the place in the US in that last year or so, a lot of the women at my work are crazy for them. It's a fad, so they probably just haven't hit your social circle.
http://www.target.com/c/powdered-li...om&max_price=to (scroll down past the first few rows)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

fishmech posted:

Should be possible fairly easily with the rotating array of magnets. It would of course not be able to stand somebody bumping into it, or possibly even a strong breeze. Hell, it might get knocked out of place by your air conditioning/heat. And probably be a pain in the rear end to get the ball back in place once you knock it loose, or even setting it up the first time.
I look forward to when there's a power outage while you're not home, so you return to a wooden circle on the wall and a ball bearing that's rolled under who knows which piece of furniture.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nighthand posted:

- Paintings of nude people in new york city (bonus: check out his other projects, like a linux training dvd called Taste Linux) http://kickended.com/projects/clementinegames/
Vaguely :nws: https://i.imgur.com/XhMTTl8.png

Truly an unappreciated genius.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

What are you supposed to do when you run into a door with a standard round doorknob?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Karia posted:

I don't want to defend this crap, but how many of those do you see these days? Especially in public areas or businesses? Round doorknobs aren't ADA compliant, so they're not used much these days.
True, but they're still the default in houses and other non-public areas, at least in my area, and you still run into them in smaller businesses from time to time.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hub Cat posted:

Regenerative car: self powered car
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/corkum/regenerative-car-self-powered-car/description

What would a permanent solution look like? ELECTRIC! I saw the electric vehicles plugged into the wall, and I thought that has to be a better way!
I was driving with my hand out of the window, when it hit me, why don't we use this free wind power! It is certainly strong enough to harness!
That is where I need your help! I have the Idea and a mechanical background, but I need assistance to get my Idea into reality! After we Design the Car of the Future, we are going to use these cars as mobile power plants, able to power someones home while in the garage.

Risks and challenges
So our most dangerous risk is strong competition, the current giants in the auto industry, and powerful gas companies. If we can not make an impact quickly, we could get muscled out, and the change we want to see may never come.

quote:

Thank you for your input Joerg! Thank you far taking the time to message us with your critic and an encouraging word. I do not see this as trying to break the 1st law, because it is not a closed system. I am taking potential energy from outside the system, if 1 is not enough I can incorporate more generators. But I need to test this, also we currently have low air flow through a radiator (in the front of the car), where we will have much more air flow with a channel for air to pass through and affect our fans in order to generate electricity. I do not think I will be sacrificing aerodynamics to do it.
Don't worry everyone, if one turbine adds too much drag to offset the power it generates, he'll just add more until it works.

I want to see this guy test his design in a wind tunnel and get super excited over how well it works.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So what do you do when you sneeze?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The first Atari VCS units should be ready by mid-June

quote:

Atari’s repeatedly delayed VCS console is nearly ready two years after its announcement. The team has revealed that the first 500 (or so) Atari VCS production models should leave the factory by mid-June. That will still leave the majority of Atari’s 11,597 crowdfunding backers waiting, but the team “cautiously” expects that production for those will get underway this summer now that the parts are available.

Things are still falling into place. Atari has yet to detail the full software lineup for the VCS even with a game subscription deal locked in. Nonetheless, this is good news for backers worried that multiple delays, changing specs and behind-the-scenes drama might prevent the system from shipping.
I'm really curious to see what this is going to end up being, since all along I don't think they've committed to having much more that classic Atari games "and more", yet somehow got people to shell out several hundred dollars on overpowered console that does what a Raspberry Pi could do.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hub Cat posted:

The PaperTrack Game Console
The PaperTrack is shaped like a regular handheld game console with a slick black design that makes you feel like you're holding a high tech game system. Get ready for countless hours of fun with just a pen and paper. The PaperTrack let's you play games like tic tac toe, hangman, battleship, connect four, and many more. You're limited only by your imagination!

David Hill is on the case!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The MSJ posted:

The titular raven is now just a tits raven, I hope.
It's a dick raven, and he sure does squat above things a lot.

Knormal has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Nov 7, 2020

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Inspired by that I'm going to Kickstart Advanced Checkers, with all black pieces, on an all-black board.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

If you want an absolute word salad of a KS
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/videogamefbs/project-video-game

He has all the maps, and all the guns, and all the costumes, and all the things.
It's like the absolute definition of generic pay-to-win shooter, and he keeps going on about being available in over 200 countries, when apparently right now there are only 195 countries in the world today.

I always love to check in on the comments too.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hub Cat posted:

Kolobog project: board game, book and platform

Imagine, every day somebody on the planet Earth wakes up in the morning with wonderful idea of how to improve whatever part of our life experience, although one can't do it alone and need collaborators with necessary skills and/or resources to get idea come into life, wether this idea is local community initiative or media project or something, that only particular creator can imagine.

Here is how "magic" part of the game works
Pursuing passion for project based cooperation facilitation, the idea and prototype for multi-stakeholder dealmaking has been manifested as Creators Negotiate game and club already, which, in its turn, came into life as a result of gamification of the same name book about negotiations of my authorship. Overall chamber-like concept, warmness and atmosphere of empathy in cooperation, normally accompanying game session experience, captured below. With help of you we will improve and adopt it for Kolobog project management methodology, which is, in essence, based on traditional media production process (pre-production, production and post-production).

How it started:

How it's going:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

From their Questions section (read bottom-first):

:lol:

Nenonen posted:

lmfao

They would first need to build an entire new shipyard because there is nowhere in the world that you could build such a thing. This is currently the widest ship in the world, 70 meters at stern.

Building shipyards is not cheap, better make a kickstarter for that first.
Oh no the front fell off a bigger ship

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Bugsy posted:

Now the thing is they don't even have an island yet.
https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1478557404082188294
Ha, I was wrong, it isn't some tiny island out in the middle of the Pacific, it's a tiny island right off the coast of Fiji, surrounded by already-existing resorts: https://www.google.com/maps/@-17.3224281,178.2375392,6379m/data=!3m1!1e3

Well at least that should make getting resources easier, but so much for being some independent entity. I have no idea how stuff works in Fiji, but I'm guessing they'll be subject to all the laws and regulations all those other resorts are.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hub Cat posted:

Unisex Power Tie

Protip: If you're asking for half a million dollars please at least run spellcheck.
$10 - Tie and course:

$100 - Tie and necklace:

Oh, you want the necklace and the course?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Does being the DM count as playing as God?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

brb, paying $400 for a 2'x3' sheet of plastic that I will briefly attempt to contort myself to hide behind once before becoming embarrassed at myself and never looking at it again
Seriously, other than posing for an Instagram pic once or twice, what's the average person supposed to even do with this?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sweevo posted:

And does the pitch video really need to show the close-up of vagina lips at ~2:20?
I think you know the answer to that.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

Like you can see the style it's emulating, and in the still shots it looks 'good' for that style (It def needs a filter over it to make it look like it's traditionally animated)

But also... noone is asking for 90s booba OVA at 2 frames a second

Even this rando music vid nails that cassette futurism style better than they are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n_Ae9DGC0U

Now that's some quality closed captioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I have this effect on women.

Oops, wait, I grabbed the wrong one.

I have this effect on women.