Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

Metroid from Smash Bros. got his own game?!

... uhhhhhh.... My sarcasm meter must not be working because I can't tell if you are are being serious or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
Jesus Christ (oh poo poo, it's Easter) that code is retarded. All he is doing throughout the entire code is setting variables.

code:
    if([data valueForKey:@"heartRateAverage"]) {
        heartRateAverage = [[data valueForKey:@"heartRateAverage"] intValue];
    }
If there is data for heartRateAverage, then BY GOD SET "heartRateAverage" to equal the data!!! HOLY poo poo ITS A BREAKTHROUGH

He's basically just taking the values generated by the Neurosky ThinkGear iOS SDK and mapping them to commands on his iPhone. This would be an amazingly clever and unique use of that SDK if it weren't for the fact that THAT IS THE WHOLE loving POINT OF THE SDK IN THE FIRST PLACE.

What he is doing is akin to, say...

quote:

Hay guys - check out my new Kickstarter. It's an amazing new way to join two pieces of wood together... Building on the "14oz Kobalt Hammer from Lowes" SDK, combined with the "Box of Nails from Home Depot" codebase, I have figured out a way to join two pieces of wood together. Here - check this out!
code:
typedef struct {
    int hammer;
    int nails;
    int wood1;
    int wood1;
    int combinedwood;
}

if([data valueForKey:@"hammer"]){
        combinedwood = [[data valueForKey:@"wood1"] intValue] + [[data valueForKey:@"wood2"] intValue] + nails;
}
Slashgear says it looks legit so Okay now guys give me the money.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
I found this diamond in the rough when searching my local area Kickstarters...

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you : Hey Momma
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/453828027/custom-concepts?ref=home_location

This chap needs $75,000 to make his dream of printing his lovely self portraits onto shirts for YOU.

There's all kinds of witty things I could do, or say, but I think I'll just let you guys click the link.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
What is it about this goddamned area? I just found another retarded local project...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1272989959/the-mechanical-ring?ref=home_location

This is for, I poo poo you not, a RING that is made out of miniature bicycle chain.

quote:

My entire background is mechanical, and being a Harley guy, this kind of thing attracts me, but it didn't exist. One day I found this chain in some equipment I was servicing and thought it was cool so I kept a small section of it and 5 years later the idea came to me...

I used to buy and sell a TON of jewelry at my shop and I can't tell you how many rings just like this I saw over the years.

EDIT :
I
mean
give
me
a
loving
break
here.

vvvvvvvvvv Oh poo poo!

KittyLitter has a new favorite as of 21:38 on May 3, 2013

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Bad Munki posted:

That's not even the half of it. Can't find the chain you like already? Well let me tell you about my friend McMaster-Carr...

http://www.mcmaster.com/#roller-chain/=mlcz1p

I emailed the dude all the links LINKS! ITS BICYCLE CHAIN JEWELRY! and he just dismissed it all as being not up to his caliber. He seriously thinks that industrial chain is going to make spiffy jewelry, and that he came up with it first.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Bad Munki posted:

What do you want to bet his nifty piece of random found chain that he thinks is unique simply because he doesn't know where to get more isn't even stainless?

Here's what he said when I sent him all those links to identical products :

quote:

Thanks for sharing, I see they are all nothing at all the same quality, just cheap non-moving castings. Had me worried there for a minute, I wouldn't waste my money on those, the quality of the chain alone is used for micro-precision machines and makes it cost more for the raw material than a cast of something that "looks like" a chain.

You hear that, faggots?

MICRO PRECISION

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm so sick and tired of seeing lovely kickstarters that it's good to see a developer cut out the middleman and put a crowdfunder on their own page :haw:

I imagine it's the same developers of Eternal Darkness in the same way the White House of today is the White House of 1972

Uhhh... I'd hate to break it to you... but the White House of today *is* the same White House of 1972.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Really? Same president, same chief of staff, same people cleaning the bathrooms?

Same motherfuckers.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Autechresaint posted:

He was trying to sell junky t-shirts for $100..I don't feel that bad for him.

One of the more amusing aspects of the kid's concept is that he wants to get a garment printer because a heat press flips the breaker in his home. The whole concept of fixing his electrical wiring aside... You *still* need to heat press shirts that were printed on a digital garment printer.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
EDIT : oops - sorry... quote != message

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700886053/genesis-a-child-custody-visitation-and-support-man?ref=category

Why in the pluperfect hell does this guy need $81,150 to write an iPhone app to tell you when to pick up your lovely little kids from their lovely little mother's house?

Exactly $81,150... That's oddly specific.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Wonder if they've posted on /r/atheism yet. Those kindred spirits would understand his plight I'm sure.

Not anymore... :( /r/atheism has become a barren wasteland of boring, sterile, repetitive nonsense ever since the denizens of /r/christianity got all butthurt about how they were being mocked. The mods decided to put some inanely draconian rules into place because of it.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Me in Reverse posted:

He was being sarcastic. Reddit and especially the Atheism subreddit are a cesspool.

You know what... you're absolutely right. I pretty much only subscribe to /r/whatisthisthing and /r/videos now.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
EDIT : Boss told me not to post it here yet. Well shitballs.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

Seems like a wise move since this is the awful kickstarter thread.

Oh no... I understand quite well where I was posting... I hate every single aspect of the project, and I think it is an utterly awful kickstarter.

To clarify - I told him I was posting the video to SA... I didn't tell him -where- on SA.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Bad Munki posted:

Okay, now I'm interested.

To be fair, it's a noble cause, and it's definitely something we will be able to deliver on, it's just not what I want to be spending my time working on. When I went into business with him it was with the explicit goal of making money. This is not a money maker. It's a feel-gooder.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

lorn Wayne posted:

Yeah but for a £1 donation to his project, you GET to design the logo for him! What's that? Most people usually pay YOU to design the logo, not the other way round? Well...

Quite frankly the whole thing deserved bolding in my opinion.

Simple I want to give you an opportunity to make a name for yourself, help you possibly make a career or get a job with this offer, how good would it look of on your cv it states, creator of the NSP logo, at a college application or job interview, so what have you done, oh Im the creator of the NSP logo, that's now worldwide .

What? Wha...

What???

Job interview -
Employer : So what is your biggest accomplishment in life?

My smug rear end : Well, ya know... oh Im the creator of the NSP logo, that's now worldwide .

Employer : What the gently caress is an NSP?

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
Sooooooo.....

Apparently the "Kobe Red Beef Jerky" campaign was nothing but a drat, dirty scam.

It has been killed, and the internet is all up in arms over it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kobered/kobe-red-100-japanese-beer-fed-kobe-beef-jerky

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, it took me a bit to realize it's the Onion and I'd seen some of their Starfix videos before.

I love how she keeps switching back and forth between pronouncing his last name "Fraser" and "Frasier"... He absolutely *hates* when people pronounce it "Frasier"

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

cyberia posted:

Here's another absolute :effort: kickstarter - blæck fashiøn - ...

I tried to read his kickstarter... all I could think of was this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3A3NIWn_a4

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

TJS: Destined To Be The Next Harry Potter!
Spoiler: it's not going to be the next Harry Potter. This guy reckons he's figured out the secret formula to writing the next big hit fantasy series and he's very carefully combined what he thinks are the necessary elements into his novels. For some reason it's really really important that his protagonists have as many :krad: kung fu moves as possible so his pitch includes a painstaking list of about 70 moves which will appear in the novels with individual links to descriptions & videos of all the moves.
He also goes on and on about how originality is absolutely key to the project's success but his characters and plotlines are all completely derivative. His pitch video is over 10 minutes long and is as boring as hell.

Although he's only just launched this project he's already raised $40 of his $60k project, which coincidentally is exactly how much he got the last time he pitched this project.

Okay - rant time.

I keep seeing these loving campaigns being posted by "authors" who seem to have absolutely no loving clue how to write. I'm not saying that I don't make mistakes, or that I am a qualified grammar nazi, but for the love of loving GOD why can't these motherfuckers understand simple poo poo like run-on sentences and puntuation?

And gently caress ME SIDEWAYS - what's the deal with even LAUNCHING a campaign when you haven't even written the loving book yet? This dickhead has given us NOTHING. Not so much as a single page of the story to illustrate his writing style. All he's shown us is a shitload of animated.gifs of vastly more talented individuals doing what they are good at.

I could show you videos of parkour grand champions, that doesn't mean that my Parkour Pudding Treats snack idea is going to be a hit.

And what the gently caress is up with the character's names??? Nika and Cohen Laquez? Are you loving kidding me? Nika is a GREEK name, Cohen is a JEWISH name, and Laquez is the second person plural present indicative form of the French word for "To Lacquer"

And Xzaidian? Seriously? That's the name of your "bad guy?" I did a quick Google search and, aside from the obvious campaign related stuff, I found THIS. Curiously, that photo was posted mere *days* before the original (failed) campaign for the Jade Series. Was this guy just trolling along looking at baby pics and thought Hey that name is cool as gently caress.

End rant.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

OH GOD. Is that... Fiesta Cat?

(Checks link...)

Sweet Jesus for a minute I thought someone Kickstarted a Fiesta Cat plush. I was about to poo poo my pants.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh sorry, it's Dictionary of Numbers.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dictionary-of-numbers/ahhgdmkmcgahbkcbmlkpmmamemlkajaf

There's a lot of pretty stupid ones (oh this number is also the population of some random Swedish town, alright) but it makes some things like KS pretty funny so I call it good.

Apparently, my very own Kickstarter campaign has reached the annual per capita income of Austria back in 2005!

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Rum-runners, beat cops, and gangsters from the 1920s. Incidentally, the same group that makes flatcaps traditional wedding and funeral attire.

Myeah... see... Dere's a new boss in town myeah and all youse mugsy bastards are gonna pay for what youse done, see... Myeah...

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
Wait a second... what's up with their shoes? Are they trying to stop squirrels from running up their legs?

And the dude on the left has the tiniest loving forearms ever.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Noyemi K posted:

You should tweet those to him.

Looks like someone (prolly a goon) backed him for a buck and posted a comment to the project about it.

Oh, hey - he also snagged "Condora", too! Can't forget Condora.

http://www.musclefigures.com/guides/figure-gallery/

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
Hey guys - someone has finally decided to write the book that asks the biggest question of my childhood :

Why Don't Mommy Kiss Daddy No More?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1341314700/why-dont-mommy-kiss-daddy-no-more?ref=live

Edit : As a side note, I've noticed more and more authors referring to themselves via their initials. It all started with C.S. Lewis, then J.R.R. Tolkien. Now you have your J.K. Rowling and your G.R.R. Martin... All great authors, to be sure.

According to the project this book will feature "very simple prose by T.A. Johnson" and will take kids on a roller coaster ride "from the sadness of discovery to the elation of learning it wasn't their fault." Except it is your fault. It's all your fault you worthless little poo poo. If it weren't for you mommy and daddy would still be happy. You little loving troll you are the reason that daddy drinks and hits mommy, and it's all because you are a pathetic helpless little fucktard. You should be ashamed.

KittyLitter has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Jul 10, 2013

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

FlyinPingu posted:

I'm not seeing how this is an awful kickstarter.

It still won't stop someone from holding a knife to your throat and forcing you to take off your taint armor (or making you suck their peener...) but I'd say it's pretty helpful for drunk chicks passed out at frat houses. Overall I'd say it's not a terrible idea.

Unlike that lovely Steampunk Atari 2600 poster somebody (me) made. What were they (was I) thinking when that video was being made? Don't check it out. It's terrible.

KittyLitter has a new favorite as of 17:51 on Nov 3, 2013

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

I must admit - I've somehow managed to remain ignorant of the latest memes and interweb sayings. That said, I am having a rather amusing time trying to understand what that picture means in this context.

I currently think it means : Suck my big purple dick.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Veotax posted:

It's a character from Doug. His catchphrase was "Very expensive!".

Well that's a drat letdown and a half. :(

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2049720063/praising-the-sun-with-gloriously-incandescent-appa
There's literally multiple dozens of companies that will print any image on a t-shirt or hoodie of your choice. And he's not remotely related to From Software, just profiting off their IP because "I'm a fan!"
:suicide:

From the drat project itself posted:

Slim fit, cotton poly blend, custom designed and custom manufactured with high quality materials and construction, fancy sublimated artwork, super nice, super comfy, super limited edition, super super.

Hmmm... now that makes no sense at all.. "Cotton Poly Blend" and "fancy sublimated artwork" do not go together. You cannot sublimate ink onto cotton, and sublimating onto cotton/poly looks like dog poo poo. If it isn't 100% poly, it looks like turds.

He's paid some jackass who owns a textile mill to whip up some hoodies made of CoPo remnants, and then made the body out of 100% poly. Yeah, that'll work. See what happens the first time someone puts it in the washing machine. It'll be like wearing compression socks on your arms, and a weather baloon on your chest. There's a reason the Jews said not to wear clothing of mixed cloth. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the original hoodie was screen printed onto a single type of fabric.

He's got $6.00 (max) cost in each hoodie, and the slim-fit design will keep his weight down to where he can ship via UPSMI for about $4.00 each.

He's making out like a bandit. Stay tuned for next year when he's run out of money again and posts a lovely Assassin's Creed hoodie or some poo poo.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Xandu posted:

It's not likely laundering though, right? Just a good old fashioned scam. I bet people will even get some sort of (cheaply produced) product that gives vaguely plausible readings on calories and stuff, even if it's based on total nonsense.
They'll probably just program it to say everybody is eating 3,000 calories per day, getting zero exercise, has high blood pressure, and gets too much sodium. I guess technically they'd be right, no?

So no scam? We cool?

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Fatkraken posted:

My main issue with the Barbie armour is home 3D printing still looks like rear end. It's so loving grainy, like those giant lego models at Legoland. I guess more power to people who want their doll covered in voxelized plastic, but it just looks nasty to me

Yeah, but that's with the printers on the market right now... He's making the files available, too, and when the printers get better so too will the armor.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
Want people to think you are a dick? Too lazy to tell them?

Now there's the "Dicktie" - it's a necktie that looks like a dick!

Wear it to court during your sexual harrassment hearings! Tie it on before your next client shows up! FUN FOR ALL!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1645162459/the-dick-tie

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

someone shat in a bun after eating a bowl of vindaloo.

Hey - don't knock it if ya ain't tried it.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

HJE-Cobra posted:

I think you mean "Catch a Liberty".

Can you get a Ron Paul joker?

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
What's that? Free email service? For KIDS?!!?!?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/buggmail/buggmail-free-and-safe-email-for-kids-free-games-a?ref=category

No... He didn't just straight up jack the logo from the Cricut Company for his campaign. Why do you ask?

Edit : Awful KS twofer!

Tired of your Shop-Vac® Brand Shop-Vac filter getting clogged? Well hold onto your dicks because now there's a filter... for your filter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1537690986/filterpal?ref=category

"But wait," you say, "My Shop-Vac® brand Shop-Vac already came with a machine washable foam filter cover designed to protect the paper filter from large particulates. Why do I need to buy this if the vac CAME WITH ONE ALREADY?"

Well is yours made of what looks like a cut up Gildan 5000 series 100% cotton Ash t-shirt? No? You need the Filter Pal!

KittyLitter has a new favorite as of 02:08 on May 21, 2014

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

...of SCIENCE! posted:

chai means tea

just call your tea tea

You drink it while doing tai-chi.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Maybe his Hone Page has more info?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
All this talk of gears and cogs - no steampunk douche suit is complete without 50 or so leather belts.

KittyLitter has a new favorite as of 01:25 on May 27, 2014