Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.

This really pisses me off. I spent years trying to get my delicious menstural blood boutique jam off the ground. Where were the backers then? Where was crowd funding when i needed it to avoid bankruptcy and keep the Monthly Jam Company serving exquisite spreads and jellies to my sophisticated clientele?These naive bastards don't understand what a vicious bitch goddess the bodily fluid cuisine business is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

BiggerJ posted:

Oh god. I've discovered an IndieGogo for a documentary about someone who deserves no attention. At least it doesn't seem to be defending him.

Oh gently caress her. No matter how crazy and stupid the poor bastard is he is human not an animal she can jam her "very critical lens" in the face of at will.

(not a great sentence but still, gently caress her)

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

pathetic little tramp posted:

My problems with it are more from the effort side.

1) If you're going to make Negro League memorabilia, don't make t-shirts, make straight up uniforms.

2) The two guys doing this are white. They're from KC, so they probably got a lot of Monarch lore dropped on 'em, but do we really need more white people profiting off of the Negro League?

3) I'm pretty sure they don't own the Negro League licences or trademarks. The MLB routinely sells Negro League ballcaps, so I don't think the 'licencing' they got from the unofficial Negro League museum in Kansas City means what they think it means?

The fact the dudes are white and appropriating anothers culture/oppression does seem pretty offensive. If someone absolutely has to profit from the segregation era at least they should be black. Or even the players themselves, some of the old blokes are still around.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

calusari posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kittycatrap/larger-then-tiger

Creating a large painting of a tiger to video viewers looking at art work. It will be shown in public places on city streets.

I am painting a 60 inch x 8 foot painting of a tiger from planet 9 in acrylic paint on canvas. This painting will be shown in many public places outside just like a tiger in the wild. Then we will take video clips of those who look at the tiger painting, and ask them why they like tigers.

"Risks and challenges

My only fear is rain when I place my panting outside.."

Me too, buddy, me too.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

JDM3 posted:

What stops someone from buying a large reasonably seaworthy ship and just doing this that way? Is there some reason that making it really complicated somehow legitimizes it?

Hey L Ron Hubbard did it. Why not the rest of us?

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

monster on a stick posted:

For the past two years, this man has spent his life savings on a very special project.

When Nuclear war sends this prison ship on a course to destruction, the lives of 60,000 convicts depend on the most notorious inmate.

Nothing sells movie tickets like a prison ship movie.

^ this is the postcard you get for giving him $35.

He wants $55k for things (like a script and attached director) and to finish the "graphic novel", all so that the studios can't say no. (Spoiler: they can and will.) It's not clear from the pitch why the government is building expensive ships to house inmates, or why a nuclear war would mean that you wouldn't want to be on a ship far away from where the nukes are falling, or why the audience is going to cheer when the rapist and serial killer wings get rescued.

quote:

2. Lust, for sex offenders, and the legendary “women’s level” in an otherwise all-male prison;

Not sure if he didn't think this through or just a bit of a pervert.....

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

Noni posted:

They didn't do anything about the TellSpec bullshit either. That was the fake food scanner that a bunch of goons and various anti-scam websites reported.

The pricks have almost raised 100k. gently caress you Indiegogo

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

KittyLitter posted:

It still won't stop someone from holding a knife to your throat and forcing you to take off your taint armor (or making you suck their peener...) but I'd say it's pretty helpful for drunk chicks passed out at frat houses. Overall I'd say it's not a terrible idea.

Unlike that lovely Steampunk Atari 2600 poster somebody (me) made. What were they (was I) thinking when that video was being made? Don't click here.

Dude I hate steam punk. But with your video and pitch and product you are kinda... charming.

You are in the wrong thread you great big shill you.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

SaviourX posted:

Oh hay, just to show how terrible IGG still is, one of their featured things in the latest newsletter is that junk science calorie counter thing. Which is well overfunded. gently caress this earth.

In the old days you at least needed a bottle of snake oil separate rubes from their cash. These fuckers have no product and never will. And holy hell the amount of uncritical publicity they're getting for it. The magic food science laser phone is now a lifesaver!

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/tellspec-food-scanner/
http://tellspec.com

isoprenaline has a new favorite as of 08:55 on Nov 17, 2013

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

Facebook Aunt posted:

"Currently, we are working on legal protection by finishing up our utility and design patents, but our goal is to have all legal work completed by the time the funding period ends on Kickstarter. "

Legal protection for toilet paper origami? :thunk:

At least she is honest...

“After diving into some market research we found that there was no market at all for functional bouquets like the one presented”

She didn’t let that little detail stop her quest to sow the world with poo poo flowers.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'd say a board game anyone wants to play needs some playtesting, but then again half the board games everyone knows and owns two or three versions of. What you need is a marketing campaign.

I remember seeing an XCOM board game in Gametraders, they still do tie-ins. My uncle has an old Rex Hunt's Fishing Adventures board game, including fish trivia I argued with my dad about. (are sharks fish?)

Off topic, but yes they are.

And I would kill for an XCom board game, something I never knew existed until now. It sounds awesome.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/163602/xcom-board-game

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

Waffleman_ posted:

Notoriously awful children's movie returns to address hot political topics.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cool-cat-stops-a-school-shooting-a-safety-film--2

“Cool Cat Kids Superhero” is an Anti-Bullying and Kid’s Gun Safety feature film, starring Vivica A. Fox, Erik Estrada, Cynthia Rothrock and myself.“

3 outa 4 ain’t bad.

Does Cynthia kick Cool Cat in the back of the scull while he has her in a headlock? Almost worth it if she does.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

CordlessPen posted:

Sure, they look dumb.

But they cure cancer!

Or they cause it. Dr Abo wasn’t clear on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.

This is a powerful jihad

Everyone is working hard to get the glory of the first place