Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nothing mind blowing, but a refresher on why girls want to be princess instead of queens is always nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

poparena posted:

How in the world did people survive a time without adblock and DVR commercial skipping?

Back in the days, there were less internet ads.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I liked the Highlander 2 review. That came out after P 2, didn't it?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

LateToTheParty posted:

So right now how desperate is Doug for money?

If Doug was actually desperate for money, he would go back to weekly shows and not give a poo poo since he's figured there's little quality difference to people if he just calls everyone a bitch in (insert movie).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I actually think it's a decent idea, because I know plenty of people that absolutely refuse to watch the original cartoon series because of how bad the movie was.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

Will Smith and him are apparently good friends. That's how he got this project.

That and he was the only director left to actually risk their career on a terrible actor to lead the film (This is about Jayden Smith).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

miscellaneous14 posted:

I'm not even a huge fighting game fan, his opinions of them just come off like someone that tried one once, and then got angry because they weren't immediately good at it. He could just as easily review something else that week that'd be more to his tastes in terms of genre.

I can't remember exactly, but didn't Yahtzee do a review of a fighting game and complained the game was too easy because you could throw the AI to death?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Thunderfinger posted:

How bad do the other seasons of Charmed get? I'm almost afraid to ask.

What you've seen now actually had structure compared to the last two seasons, I'll just say that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hear that song in the most inappropriate places, the most infamous for me was when Toonami was showing this old anime called Saint Seiya but they replaced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br5HLUbA8Gg

with...this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The main complaint I saw in the goon thread about Korra was the comically overpowered villain.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's gotten much dumber than One More Day, so it's not like he's missing out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think Man of Steel sucked for having lovely morals unless the comics ARE telling us that Kent's earth father hates people.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The biggest contradiction that rubbed Korey wrong it seems was them trying to push a video game section for years, then when the Loading Bar was made and was doing its job pretty well, they cut the cord on it.

It's not like content was lost, at least. Rage Select rose from the ashes and it became obvious real fast that they were restricted by Spill on how much content they can put out. LEOG also has its own website now, and apparently they are big sport fans which confuses the poo poo out of me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

What's the LEOG's new website?

http://oneofus.net/

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wait, am I a bad person for liking Big Daddy?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ghostpilot posted:

Nearly 20k now. I'd never went to Spill.com, but based on that video and the overwhelming support these guys are getting, I'll have to change that.

http://spill.hollywood.com/Audio/AudioPost.aspx?audioId=1854

This is a good start.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Escapist, also known as a website that allowed and encouraged a "What's wrong with rape?" thread for like ever.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

cubs2084 posted:

Well yeah. It's just the way she put it, the extreme secrecy and "even mentioning it might indicate how many episodes this series will have". If she's just working on the anime adaptation, that'd be a weird thing to say, since it airs in Japan long before it gets here and isn't exactly secret anyway.

That's gotta be so weird, auditioning for a part and having no idea what it is.

That's how business and NDA works, you can't mention anything. I had a buddy that got a VA role for a small bit and he was still under contract not to say anything. Leaks are super bad, no matter how small.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Infamous Sphere posted:

I'm currently watching the Wicker Man review, and I'm mystified about why he seems to find the name "Sister Beech" so funny.

Sister Bitch.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Charmed was basically a pillar of WB programming, like think Smallville but with a show based around 3 women that dealt with every day women issue like motherhood back when there were very shows that did this. You really couldn't watch the WB without every other commercial slamming it down on you to watch Charmed later tonight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's been 20 years since Evangelion, I don't think you're ever going to convince people that young kids with tons of bad poo poo happening to them makes them unstable is actually a realistic reaction.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rebochan posted:

I don't know how you could watch three seasons of Sherlock and come to that conclusion, but hey, as Jay O has also demonstrated, one must always respond to an attack on one fandom with another fandom ("Wahhh, you don't like Attack on Titan, you just like dumb nerdbait like Sherlock!")

Sorry, I'm not sure when the memo went out that Sherlock was no longer this underground intelligent and highly awarded drama was now wanky and lame. I'll update my hipster list accordingly.

You realize there's a movie series called Sherlock Holmes starring Robert Downey Jr. that they're talking about, right?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If we're mentioning old spill crew, Korey and Martin also review movies Here. They're going to have a website around June, I guess making a full-fledge website takes a long time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

Has there been anyone that has really broken down modern fairy tale adaptations and tried to explain why "Grim Dark" became a thing?

The little mermaid ended with her dead and/or a ghost to scare children. Disney made up a lot of bullshit happy endings.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beast Machine's last quarter of so is so poo poo it doesn't make up for the supposed good writing of the first 3 parts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beast Wars and Machines were the only shows that bothered with consistent writing over action. Maybe if Canada gets another chance to make a show, they're might be a third.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Brad's by a mile is the nicest about TF4, because it's described as still the bad poo poo. The difference is that it is as long as a Lord of the Rings movie.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Srice posted:

e: The "content stealing" complaint is really dumb because the content is footage from videogames that people recorded.

She also took artwork from artists and specifically editing out the signature, which then she got called out for.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The problem with the Green Lantern movie is that they hired Kyle Raynor's perfect actor as the complete opposite personality.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

My god, Linkara actually acknowledged Sentai in his latest History part.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There is literally nothing that can be done to make Aquaman cool in the masses' minds, and it's pretty sad because King of Atlantis that founded the Justice League should be awesome on paper.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gyges posted:

When has a movie ever rehabilitated a character from joke to respected? Movies tend to move public opinion in the other direction via bombs.

Rocket Racoon I've seen turn people from "Who? Is this a joke?" to marketable powerhouse. I assume the same for Hank Pym as well, although that can easily steer into the Wife Beater if people actually read about Pym.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Reed didn't get public notice of being an rear end in a top hat until Civil War, but that's probably true of a lot of heroes during that awful run.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cyron posted:

Times like these i am happy i never Liked god of war since i am mainly a nintendo fanboy who rather play games with bright colors and cheerful moods. and i know nintendo is not 100% clean in the treatment of woman (rocket high heels anyone?) but i feel it's easier to have new gamers play mario kart then god of war IMO.

Really, Rocket High Heels bothers you and not Other M?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Literally every female in Other M Has high heels.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

KayTee posted:

(But for the record, Spoony is dead right about the WWE Network. )

I never actually hear anything about it other than it's super cheap for its content.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

For some reason DC has really been making GBS threads the bed lately with cartoons, except Teen Titans Go of course.

Still miles better than Marvel has been doing since canceling Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

drat you Jeph Loeb :argh:

I still like the DC animated movies. Sorta.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jsor posted:

Hotel Transylvania was great and I'm surprised so many people hate it.

It was hated because Sandlers was at his peek of the worst lovely movies ever and it got caught in the crossfire.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This is what you call "out of your element?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This guy lives to be contrarian

He argued for like 5 pages that a show with anal fisting wasn't horrible despite literally never watching it

• Locked thread