Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Nalin posted:

I'm kinda bummed out that my Tigerclaw frame won't have Rocket Jump anymore. Rocket Jump + Afterburner gave me so, so much mobility that it was difficult to use anything else. I loved being able to continuously Rocket Jump + Afterburner boost my glider to travel half of the playable map before landing, or fly up giant cliffs that everybody else would have to run around.

Yeah, everything in the patch looks cool enough that I'm still excited for the patch, but Tigerclaw was my favorite class entirely for the mobility. (I ran cannonball, afterburners, rocket jump, didn't even bother with offensive abilities)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I got on this morning and spent about four hours playing with everything working properly, but as time went by more and more people logged out and no one logged in until there was nobody left on the shard but me. Then I logged out and now I can't get back in.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I know you need a few pieces for the non-beta bike and the only one I've seen costs 50k crystite, so the beta one is probably far cheaper in the long run.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Worst scaling ARES I've found was a short hall, turns a corner, square room with two two halls that go down a little ways then join up again, all filled with Chosen. Then at the end of the last hall there is a small hole leading to a tiny metal platform over a giant pit completely full of Chosen. Took over probably 30 minutes to clear out on my own from above.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Do you have to do something specific to get the new paint? I logged in and did my dailies but didn't get it. Figured I was probably missing something obvious though.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

glug posted:

I had and asked that same question, then I noticed a 'white flag' marker on my map leading to him. Look for that.

A section of your map around the flag should be colored differently, and the Wargrim will be wandering around in that area. He was bugged inside a wall and couldn't be hit by splash damage a couple days ago, and was apparently still missing yesterday as well, but spawned normally before then.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

xxEightxx posted:

I'd make a video of me playing a firecat, but everyone watching would probably get motion sickness because all I do is jump around and aoe everything to death. Half the time i'm just firing in the general direction of where I think the baddie is.

That sounds like me playing Tigerclaw, except I have to aim really accurately while I jump everywhere :argh:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Dunk Bot 3000 posted:

I started playing a day or so ago and while it's fun, I wish I knew what was causing the game to hang on loading areas. It's not even at the actual loading screen with the percentages and stuff, but the Accord Armies and Firefall logo splashscreens that come before those take anywhere from 20 seconds to minute to go away before the actual loading begins...

It's just an inconvenience when logging in, but it pretty much makes the tornado melding pockets unplayable because 90% of the time I zone in with barely enough time to bumrush the exit, if even that.

Yeah, this is the reason why I've stopped going inside the Tornado Portals. Well that and sticking around outside to blow up the guys that spawn in a clump on the portal in one shot is really satisfying.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I usually only run into one or two ARES that I can't at least get credit for a day when I play, even when I just go around the map doing them. Picking a spot and figuring out the terrain can certainly help a lot though (like Rhonyn said Thump Dump gets piles of ARES most of the time and they're all pretty easy to get to quickly). I play Tigerclaw with a full movement based moveset (only T2 at best though) so that might be tipping things in my favor.

The Sniper AI seems to be a huge mix for me though, about 80% of the time I can dodge their charge shots, but randomly they'll headshot me while I'm bouncing around like normal, I have no idea how it works.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I'd love one of those 80 red beans, I'll pm you my email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Even better is if you aim upwards while using burn jets on a glider, and then trigger after burners, you can go almost straight up until the burn jets run out.

• Locked thread