Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cerebral Bore posted:

I don't know about you, but sometimes Araki scares me.

I always liked this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Captain Cappy posted:

I really don't see why people think it needs more than 26 episodes. 1 episode per stand user, 1/2 for minor ones, and 2 for DIO seems like it is more than enough. I'd prefer they excise some dialogue than give it the DBZ treatment.

Yea, going by chapter counts, Darby the Gamer would be 2 episodes long and there really isnt enough substance in that fight to justify two freakin eps.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

Otoishi's stand is one of the best, and he's an important minor villain.

He kind of suffers from the "Diavolo" syndrome, his stand's design is better than his design.

Yea but he still plays a guitar, making it squeal to say "Yesssss!" instead of speaking. So hes in.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mr. Maltose posted:

Otoshi will be a great character if and only if all his moves involve whacking people with his ludicrously expensive guitar.

The only reason Otoshis guitar and Superflys calluses arent the greatest two page spreads in manga history is that nothing can beat Ultimate Cars.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

failedninja posted:

Those guys must really like Part 5, I can't think of any other reason to include someone like Fugo.

Abbachio makes even less sense, how are you going to fight with Moody Blues.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The little dinosaurs in the part 7 poster is the best part.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oingo Boingo - Little Girls

Effect: You cant stop watching moeblob anime

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Justin Beiber, Baby - Stand turns user into a baby. You cant attack the baby, because what the gently caress, why would you punch a baby. Everyone gets mad at you for punching a baby and you go to jail.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ineffiable posted:

How far are the retranslations in Part 4? I'm itching to reread Part 3, and It'd be nice if Part 4 was finished soon so I could go through it in a solid week with non-lovely translation.

Its been 3/4ths done forever. I dont know whats holding up the last bit, but id say just go ahead and read it. Duwang gets better as it goes along, and that last quarter makes 100x more sense than the first quarter does.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

nerdz posted:

Which one of the seasons is considered the weakest one? I'm on Vento Aureo and it's killing my will to keep reading Jojo. This jojo barely does anything, all the characters are pretty weak and it's a real bummer to see how the plot is developing considering the potential of the main character's background.

Vento Auero and Stone Ocean are the weakest, imo.

Stone Ocean improves in every regard but I got serious fight fatigue around that point and it seems like Jolyne never got to take a break from constantly getting into fights.

Steel Ball Run reaches a much better balance.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Eiba posted:

I guess that's still a problem with Stone Ocean, as Steel Ball Run has no such issue. It's just utterly fantastic and fresh that you there's no sort of drag at all from binging it right after the entirety of Jojo before it.

Thats because Jojo has two speeds, Fight and Goofy poo poo. Putting the race in SBR gave us a source of conflict outside of stand battles, and sometimes it was nice to just see who was going to come in first.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

MonsterEnvy posted:

After Part 7 Dio is confirmed we should have all the Dio we need for this game.

Don't forget about Part 8 Dio, JojoLion synchs up with the 100 year timer lock disengaging in New York. Didnt Lucy stuff his body in there with the corpse? Itll be Jesus Dio

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Red Bones posted:

I'm really digging this whole mystery so far. I just read the end of SBR again and I couldn't find a mention that they hid Dio's corpse in the vault with the holy corpse, is that just the scan I was reading being bad or is the whole dio thing just speculation?

I think its just, what else would Lucy have done? She just exploded a major celebrity's head with his alternate universe's head. Or, well, soon to be celebrity, since he won the SBR. A 100 year vault is a nice place to hide that kind of evidence.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea, a big problem with Jojo is that every time a new stand user shows up, they incapacitate or make useless 90% of the cast, forcing the only person not affected by a broken stand into a one on one fight. Part 5 is probably the biggest offender in this regard and so is Part 3, at least in Part 6 the cast is pruned down a bit and they are seperate from one another so that a series of one on one fights makes more sense.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Spidder posted:

Giorno might've been cool too if he showed up in Stone Ocean with Araki loving teasing it and all...

How did Araki tease this aside from introducing the sons of Dio? Giorno seemed to be cut from a different cloth than those 3 and was pretty self actualized instead of being a half zombie like they were, and caught in the ghost of Dios grasp. I didnt expect Girono to show up despite thier introduction.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

dbzfandiego posted:

Has this been posted yet because this is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXRtdgDbBNU

I really have to play Revengence. I let it fly under my radar until I saw an unedited video of the fight against the Senator.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

LordMune posted:

Seems sanity caught up with them so they've renamed part 4 from Diamond is not crash to Diamond is unbreakable.

gently caress yes.

Im sort of gonna miss Diamond is not Crash. Its one of those phrases that are just fun to say.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I kept hearing rumors how some of the devs were at E3, what were they showing, a Naruto game?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Diego is both a separate enough character from Dio and important enough to warrant being in ASB. Hell, if Akira can get in, there's no good reason why Diego shouldn't get in.

Yea, Diego, Hot Pants, Lisa Lisa, Stroheim and FF all stand out as major oversights, especially when we have minor characters like Hol Horse and Otoshi.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Aurora posted:

I definitely agree that Joseph is one of the best Jojos, he's really fun and I loved all the psychological poo poo in Part 2. Jotaro and Jolyne definitely both have their place though and I'd be hard pressed to order that Top 3. :shobon:

Jolyne is really a top tier Jojo but shes hamstrung a bit by her circumstances, Part 6 is where stand abilities really went off the wall and left a bad taste in some peoples mouths.

I wish they were all as good as Underground though, trapping people in the catastrophes of the past is a really awesome idea.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Part 4 has one of the Soul Eater EDs mixed in.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Professor Cthulhu posted:

This is my favorite thing ever. I really want this to be the opening theme for part 4.

Its already the ED for something else :cheeky:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

darealkooky posted:

Really? I thought the implication was that it was just doing poo poo for him on it's own (or subconsciously, I guess?), what with it getting him poo poo in jail and beating the poo poo out of punks trying to fight him (the entire reason he locks himself in jail)

Ya, but Star Platinum was stealing books about mysticism and the occult for Jotaro while he was in prison (despite the 2m range put in place later on, wingo wango Araki Plothole). Since stands are a reflection of yourself like Zorak said, and Jotaro was trying to figure out what was going, he was controlling Star Platinum to an extent, since it was bringing him research materials.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'd like to know how the Notorious BIG guy discovered his power.

He didnt, maybe he was just heinously incompetent and when he confronted Passione on the airstrip he really thought he could take them all on himself.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Only the first half of the Duwang translation is an unreadable mess anyway, the back half is pretty decent. By the time the new translations run out it shouldnt be that bad.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea, the DUWANG urban legend I always heard was that the guy was crazy and had insane output and would churn out a volume a week, and the english speaking guy proofreading for him didnt want to harsh his buzz and just said 'whatever'

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Considering all the time based powers in this series, its wierd we havent seen a slow down yet, sort of like Foxys Noronoro beam.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

legendsuper posted:

Yep, that's Araki's style change to you.

Is it a shameful thing to say that I'll surely cosplay Gappy ?

Youve got four balls? that sounds like a personal problem, I wouldnt be ashamed.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Momomo posted:

I've only seen a little bit of the OVA (the Dio fight) and the whole thing looked incredibly un-Jojo. I'm way more excited to see it done here.

Check out the D'arby fight, its well regarded as the bright point in an otherwise crummy series

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

FirstAidKite posted:

A lot of the fight scenes would probably go quicker in animation form than comic form as well.

A lot of fights dont have much to them. You could squish Tower of Grey and Dark Blue Moon together into one episode pretty easily. Since theres something like 30+ opponents in Part 3 theres going to have to be a lot of doubling up. Although some of them are package deals already like Oingo and Boingo and J Geil and Hol Horse.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

dudermcbrohan posted:

I thought that was a logical progression of that ability and it helps to make gold experience's healing different from crazy diamond's. Giorno's healing being hosed up really appeals to me for some reason though.

I like how by part six healing the heroes has become totally inexplicable. Just Cram Some Plankton In The Wound

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Tobaccrow posted:

Is he though? From chapter 9:

Could be it's just he's pissed about seeing Josuke on top of his daughter, but what's all this "turn him into a slave" stuff?

The dudes being protective of his young daughter, cut him some slack

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

FirstAidKite posted:

You mean the stuff like how Gyro must have soft hands or his "Please don't climb trees!" PSA?

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Author%27s_Note

I don't think it is complete but it has a pretty decent collection of them.

"It's something that was given to me, but I have a swimsuit calender hanging on the wall of my workplace. In short, I have 12 pictures of girls in bathing suits in my office. Nothing naughty. But anyways, every time the month changes, I have to flip the page to the next girl, and somehow, that makes me feel incredibly melancholy. 'Goody bye, September girl. I guess we'll never meet again.' That's how it makes me feel. And then I *flip*, and think, 'Wow, October's not bad either!", and that makes me think of how I'm already betraying the September girl... So, what I'm trying to say here is, that a year goes by really quickly."

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

hoobajoo posted:

What is Jonathan's thing supposed to be there?

Doesnt the mask explode at the very beginning. Its the mask.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Herr Tog posted:

Is it okay for me to skip part 1?

Dude its like, 50 chapters. Just power through

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

TheManSeries posted:

Same thing I used to look up Stardust Crusaders. Anyways I'm gonna shut my idiot mouth now. I started reading the Duwang and it's loving hysterical. I'm a goddamn moron.

Last Crime done even rats in the toilet would puke because of its sickness nature.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Uznare posted:

Kars, Wamuu, and Esidisi are the official names, as approved by the man himself and have been for a while. So that particular comparison is pointless.

So is Diamond is not Crash, although I like that better than Diamond is Unbreakable anyway.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea when Iggy shows up the rest of the tarot has been exhausted by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Broseph Brostar posted:

The way that I read it, Pocoloco could only get killed if he directly disregarded Hey Ya's advice.

Hey Ya is his horse, I thought his stand never got a name.

• Locked thread