Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

MelvinBison posted:

Money's on Bodhisattva.

Deacon Blues

Can't use Aja, at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I like his new faces; not only do they pose like models, but they now have model faces with model stares.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Plankton heals!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

Johnny got his poo poo wrecked and was left to die. DIO was beaten by someone else entirely.

He almost beat him, even still, but those pesky female fans got in the way.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I'll play the shittiest Chinese bootleg in the world if i can be Diego

Edit: Also, can someone please explain to me what Gold Experience Requiem even does? It....traps you in an infinite loop of deaths in alternate universe? Seems pretty brutal. Better than Silver Chariot Requiem's "walk around, putting people to sleep, and also mutating them but only for like 2 pages before that idea is immediately forgotten?"

It's like when you're a kid and making up superheroes to fight your friends' made up superheroes with, and you guys keep making up powers to keep outdoing each others' powers.

GER is when the guy said, "my guy's power is to undo whatever your guy does before he even does it."

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I love how this is probably the only series where the dumbest and most unrealistically possible thing you say actually turns out to be spoilers. :allears:

I hate that someone always has to point out spoilers by quoting posts like that and then black barring under them. We could literally name every upcoming Stand in a row in the other thread from 4 on and no one would believe us that didn't read it, until someone just -had- to point out spoilers.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Oingo and Boingo for me. Should be amazing, animated. As well as the second part with Hol.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Aurain posted:

Those donuts are absolutely beautiful.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Torquemadras posted:

I wrote it before, Diavolo's fate is pretty cool. But being stronger than absolutely anything the enemy could do because you happened to luck into the specific power that counters him perfectly? Super boring. The only comparable finale would be that of Part 7, and that ultimate counter to the big bad's ability was not only earned, it had tons of build-up, it wasn't the immediate end of the battle, and Johnny actually lost his next fight with it. Golden Experience Requiem is just such a weak resolution.

...I don't wanna talk about Part 5 anymore. :(

You will talk about part 5, dammit!

No, the comparison is part 3 where they were taking forever to figure out Dio's power, and they finally did, but still couldn't really beat him, and then it was all like "oh yeah Star Platinum could always stop time, he just didn't figure that poo poo out yet."

Part 5 was very similar to part 3 in progression, including the end and the unseen villain. At the very end, they started figuring out how King Crimson worked, and started kinnnnd of trying to work around it to the point where you figured they could beat it, then there was a weird interlude with some upgrades, but it still ended with, "oh, I just happen to have the power that can cancel this out."

Part 5 is basically a longer, more ridiculous part 3. It was basically Araki doing a do-over where he realized he wanted to go crazier with stands from the start.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

And they -were- figuring out how to counter Diavolo's Stand before he Requiem-ed it. I don't really count anything after the arrow as the fight against his Stand from that point - it's basically, "the fight against Diavolo," then, "weirdness."

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Part 5 is hurt due to translation, but has a few of the best stand fights ever (Train fight!), and it would be silly to miss those.

Don't skip anything. Every part except 4/7 have lulls, but they all have something in them that makes it all worthwhile.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

The talking hads/clash fight is also excellent.

Basically it has some of the best side character fights in the series imo

Plus, zipperman is one of the best protagonists (Giorno is a side character to me, when I read it, and it really is a pure ensemble cast).

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Diavolo is okay - he's on top and he knows people are always out to get him, so he thinks the best way to stay safe is to make sure no one knows who he actually is. That means killing anyone who might know his actual identity.

Pucci is okay because if I ever decided to do JoJo's cosplay (I won't ever cosplay), there's someone that I as a darker skinned person can conceivably look like.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Well Manicured Man posted:

If you ever do decide to cosplay Pucci, good luck with the hair.

I'm bald, so, lots of paint!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I hated the Anubis fight in the manga, but it being animated made it far more enjoyable.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode(s) since it's a lot of Joseph running around screaming in Engrish, probably.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Moltrey posted:

I guess they're also adding a Kakyoin scene? What could that be? Kakyoin just sitting in a hospital bed saying "drat I wish I could see"

Pretty much!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Aurain posted:

Mariah's Bastet was full of fan-service after all, but the best of it was the obvious bit.

That episode. :allears:

Honestly, it wasn't bad at all, because it was centered around episodes full of Joseph and Avdols crotch action. It fit perfectly into the feel of the episode as opposed to it being out of nowhere and unique to her.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

4 is the best BECAUSE it's written so badly, if that makes any sense. It only makes it more JoJo.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Watching the anime, I think this is the first time Araki realized what he wanted Jotaro's Stand to actually do (and DIo's by extension).

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I still think it was kind of rough, since DIO's demonstrations of The World don't fit neatly with the time stop thing (cue those hilarious gifs of DIO pranking Hol Horse and Polnareff).

Maybe not. I purposely avoided re-reading Stardust ever since the manga started getting re-adapted (so I could forget how some Stand fights went), so there probably is a lot of contradictory stuff to go that I forgot about.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Aurain posted:

There'd be no realistic way to beat him. He'd have just ended up melting them or turning them into kids or basically anything straight away.

It would have to be the same thing. Oh yeah, Jotaro just HAPPENS to have the same powers.

Also, my gf reads The World as a teleport as well, so the animated version just reads different than the manga (where I read it as I dunno wtf).

edit: Also, when I told her that people die, she was able to logically deduct who somehow, which I had to poker face and didn't work when she saw them on the other side of the water on the ending song after saying that. David is actually just really good at showing exactly what they need to.

Darko fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 31, 2015

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Poor Iggy :(

I completely forgot how he (pol) gets out of this, too. It's been so long since I read part 3.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I honestly want it to end on "WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY HAIR," and will only really be happy with that.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, they cut the hits, not the intent.

DIO tells Wilson "Senator" Philips to drive faster on the sidewalk, it cuts away, when it cuts back, the car is covered in blood.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

How did people know what Dio's power was from memes, anyway? The only ZA WARRUUUDO memes I saw pre-reading was him saying that and then throwing a steamroller on Jotaro. That doesn't really tell me what it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Well, they don't know what The World does, but, yeah, The World (and Star Platinum once Jotaro decides to actually figure out what his Stand does instead of making up abilities like suck in air and make stretchy fingers) make Pillar Men irrelevant. The more interesting part 3 Stands can take them out as well.

Just punch ghosts, well, not necessarily. After all, the Pillar Men had their own "stands" (sandstorm, slice arms, cool hair) too that they were working with that aren't all that great in the scheme of things but they're still somewhat creative with.

• Locked thread