Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Professor Latency posted:

I need a romance manga with lifelike characters living in a realistic world. Straight or gay, I don't mind.

Goshdarn Bonnouji, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvg6ZP-HTCA

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I guess I need to watch Devil is a Part-Timer then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRO3JypdZXs

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fenrir posted:

Also watch Chihayafuru since it's literally the best thing in the last few years. Both of these are on Crunchyroll in their entirety.

Hey you reading this, this ain't hyperbole, get on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24GoHwX5uQg

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'd recommend Bonnouji but it's required reading so you've already done that. Uwagaki was pretty cute and the final chapter uploaded today, actually.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I recently finished Binbougami ga! which is a comedy I really liked. It took a couple of chapters, but then I really, really liked it. It does get kinda drama at times, particularly towards the end, but it's never unnatural or forced, and always carries a sense of self-awareness. Also a surprisingly good battle manga.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Everyman posted:

So I loved both Lovely Complex and Toradora, but now I'm looking for something where a relationship isn't initially as obvious or work out as expected. The World God Only Knows (the manga ending, at least), Durarara and the original Macross are examples of what I want to see more of as far as relationships go.

I'm pretty interested in seeing characters being mistaken about what they want, coming to terms with the fact that not all relationships are meant to be, learning to move on, or really any dynamic that differs from "on the cover together so meant for each other." Romance doesn't need to be the focus either. I thought the relationships in Durarara were pretty great so a series with characters like that would be right up my alley as well.
Echoing Paradise Kiss, it's exactly what you want.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Comedy Option:
Just the Chimera episode of FMA:B

This except just FMA because the Brotherhood version sucks asssss in comparison.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I probably liked Orange Marmalade more than I should have. :negative:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Brainamp posted:

Holy poo poo, I need more Redline in my life.

Everyone does.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mercrom posted:

A teenager said bad things to his mom and another teenager got in a fight? :captainpop:

It's kinda ridiculous sometimes but the writing is decent, and it's the best rom com anime I've seen. It manages to be funny without just being fluff. I've enjoyed other romantic comedies like Lovely Complex, Nodame Cantabile and I even kinda enjoyed Kimi ni Todoke, but those things are just 100% pure unadulterated fluff.

gently caress anyone who doesn't enjoy Kimi ni Todoke, for real. I actually started rewatching it all yesterday after I came across the opening theme again.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't get how people are fooled by that. It's so obvious what he's doing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I haven't watched My Little Monster, but I've read the manga a couple times. It's Good.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

My 2 cents is that I prefer regular FMA to Brotherhood because I think that story has to take itself seriously to work. Also, I remember showing the dub to family members and them being entranced by how good and deep it was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo4Oc2LBZCE

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

digital404 posted:

beyond the recommendations in the adtrwiki, is there any other recommended like daily lives of high school boys, devil is a part timer, or level e?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650665

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fullmetal Alchemist, as in not Brotherhood.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Brotherhood is definitely easier to watch and digest, but personally I like the original more, because it's not. Brotherhood's more comic-book-y, and if that's what you want, go for it, it's good at being that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I cannot for the life of me imagine how you could find Brotherhood Tucker and Hughes better.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Any good romantic comedies out recently? I'm looking for something nice and fluffy to watch, without a lot of drama.

Echoing Nozaki-kun. It's super good.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

There will be no justice in this world until the Truthism manga gets licensed. Who gives a poo poo about the anime when you can't even buy the drat book

Funny you should say that, because guess what just got licensed by Seven Seas.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Panty and Stocking has quite possibly the best dub ever.

Extremely not safe for work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z4s0mMD5xQ

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Redline, definitely.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Leper Residue posted:

Watched Binbougami Ga! and would like something else similar. Basically loud, funny and lots of gags.

Read the manga.

Gintama's the closest thing to it I can think of, though, as far as anime goes.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Doctor Isosceles posted:

Chihayafuru: Neither of us have been really interested in the sports genre, but this one definitely seems more delicate. Also, the kids are REALLY into their poetry card game.

Please enjoy my favorite anime

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We'll have One Punch Man in October, hold out until then.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is one of my top three.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Attack on Titan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Here is where I would put my Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer anime recommendation, if I had one!

• Locked thread