Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Is anyone else weirded out by the fact that a Naoki Urasawa character was just introduced in Nanatsu no Taizai?
I'm not familiar with Urasawa's works but are you talking about the lady assassin at the end of Chapter 20?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Jackard posted:

What the hell, whalecat. :suspense:

Obviously it's the true outcome of a Skitty/Wailord breeding. It is sad to see fresh ideas get snuffed out so often...

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Exactly what I thought! Geera is a pretty cool villain too though.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

The title page of the latest chapter was kinda gang-rapey, though.
I just chalk it up to the author doing what he has to appease the masses unfortunately... The story has been a blast so far and I find myself looking forward to it each week just as much as the other big shounen titles. I especially love how crazy all of the armor designs have been.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Nanatsu no Taizai 29 is out.

Well we know what Melodias did in the past to earn his "sin". I imagine that his broken sword somehow seals that part of himself which is why he vows to never let go of it. Also, I honestly did not see the demon in Ban's gaiden chapter to make a comeback. It seemed pretty important due to being sealed away in an ancient war.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

RatHat posted:

I don't think it was the same demon. The whole demon clan was sealed away so it's probably a different one.
I think it is, just because it's all scarred and stitched back together. Just check out the similarities between these two:
Ban's fight and the one Hendrick has. This is still shaping up to be really interesting though.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Seven Deadly Sins, Chapter 30

That cover looks like a reference to Gurren Lagann! I can definitely see the influence in terms of the "feel" of the comic.
Haha, I love Prince's fat-slob reaction faces and whenever he gets ignored trying to do stuff with Diane.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

Because It's not her. It's the hat controlling her.

Or the earrings Veronica gave her?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I see, Melodias is the hybrid child of a demon and a human so he, as of now, is completely feral in that form. Geera and Jerico were infused with it and managed to survive so they can control their new power.

Helbram's a very strong dude.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

New Seven Sins;

Gotta love how he's drawing it like "WHO ON EARTH OWNED THAT SUITED MAN?!" when the captions make it clear it's Diane.

I really hope she's found Gideon bcecause I'm ready for her to beat some serious poo poo with an enormous hammer :black101:.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Chapters 51 and 52 of The Seven Deadly Sins:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/202606/nanatsu-no-taizai_ch51_by_red-hawk-neo

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/202998/nanatsu-no-taizai_ch52_by_red-hawk-neo

I'm glad we're moving into a new arc finally. I got what I wanted in a new Sin to be introduced after all this time and next chapter is shaping up to be a :siren::black101::siren: beatdown so I can't wait!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Sindai posted:

Yessss. It feels like ages since we met a new Sin.

My sentiments exactly. With Diane getting Gideon, we've seen all four Sins properly rage so it's finally time for this new guy/it to hopefully trash this special group.

Also, I was neutral about the kids but for some reason Armando stuck out to me so I'm hoping he's gonna be either an ally or an enemy. Afterall, we had that spread of all those new Second Gen. Holy Knights posing all creeper-like.
There's some really rad character designs though so I'm hyped up. Tall-scar dude and short smushed-out face are hilarious.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I thought the oneshot kicked so much rear end... I was disappointed by the first real chapter and now I guess I won't even look at the second one. Maybe it'll pick up?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Allarion posted:

Well Saiki from PSI Saiki Kasuo can, but he also kind of hates everyone regardless. Shame that manga is too wordy or full of puns that no one wants to translate it, it seems to be a pretty funny manga. He's even in that newest Jump Vs. game.

Saiki is tons of fun when it's translated. It strikes me a lot like Mob Psycho but told in a much more Gintama way than traditional shounen. I was just thinking about this manga yesterday and now I'm bummed out...

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Not to doublepost, but Seven Deadly Sins 70 is out, and it's the perfect mix of an infobomb and :black101:! Gowther's pretty much my second favorite character now.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Two new chapters of Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan are out!

I laughed way more at this panel than I should have,

Reiche fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 6, 2014

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Erg posted:

New chapter of Tokyo ESP :woop:

The main heroes are finally back!
Sweet! Now that's my cue to reread the series since chapters come out so sparingly

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Ahaha this is something else. Those judge babies are ridiculous!

I'm quite interested to see how this turns out.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I am all aboard the HELCK train. The setting and story are both so good

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

it was an excellent sad ending

You know, I've never read Kekkaishi because it seemed too run of the mill on the surface but I've been running low on series to pick up lately. It seems like it should be worth it now!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Jose posted:

this thread has me finally reading kekkaishi for the first time becuase for all the poo poo shounen i read those with boring sound powers i've ignored and this sounded boring

It was the same for me, I'm a good 50 chapters in and it's starting to get entertaining!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

So far it's been 10,000,000% good!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

yo that last panel tho

It's been a while since a manga has given me that Oh poo poo moment but drat if that one panel sent chills down my spine!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Thanks for reminding me how much I miss World Trigger. I hope the author's health is improving.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I am so happy to hear World Trigger is coming back! I thought the author was basically permanently disabled.

It is indeed really slow paced but the characters are all pretty memorable and the fights are fantastic. I was always excited when chapters came out and while not much happened in the over-arching plot yet, I feel like there was a hell of a lot still to explore if the setting ever switched over to the non-Earth worlds.

I wish the anime was done by any other studio rather than Toei though...

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

decided to give world trigger a try and now that I'm all caught up with it, gotta say that it's pretty fun. the team battles are great

feel for people who were following it when the hiatus hit

The hiatus stunk because it gave me a fun helping of HxH anxiety, but from the author's injury it seemed like it was never coming back. I felt so bad for the author because of how much potential the story had and it was horrible timing because World Trigger had an anime going that was actually enjoyable (Toei aside) and popularizing the manga. It even had a filler arc that worked really well!

It's charming and unique with good execution and honestly, all the goofy plot points in the setting are pretty easy to suspend disbelief for because of that. Mostly because the author did a decent job of giving the reader pretty good expectations for when the plot does eventually open up. I'm going to reread it soon so I'm pretty hyped for wherever the story is going to go now! It'll probably keep moving super slow but hey, I never expected to see any new content at all.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

What is that from? I'm the fancy elf guy. He has a bitchin' hat and what looks to be a harp-spear. That is badass

edit: Oh, Marry Grave. From how it started I wouldn't have expected it to draw me in so much! I really, really enjoy it!

Reiche fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 15, 2018

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Yup saw your post a second after I made mine

The whole premise of going back for an extended flashback after introducing the main characters is what really cemented it as one of my favorites coming out right now. You nailed exactly why I adore it sooooo much!

another edit: I'm actually mad at myself now for not instantly recognizing it. I didn't see the new chapter yet

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Jose posted:

Harem manga are bad and you should feel bad for reading them

I find this true 99% of the time but I will defend Komatsu's muscleman harem in Toriko until the day I die

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Jose posted:

its nice being able to read jujutsu kaisen and jigokoraku weekly now imo

I haven't gotten into Jujutsu Kaisen yet but Jigokuraku kicks rear end. I didn't see that Viz picked it up which stinks for me since I'm extra poor these days. I was wondering where the updates went

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Relin posted:

did the seven deadly sins thread get archived? or is forums searched poo poo from a butt? regardless i had a question about where the head of the goddess clan is

Unfortunately Seven Deadly Sins doesn't get much conversation here. It's been a few years since I remember seeing a thread for it. I'm guessing you just read the latest chapter but I don't think the whereabouts of the Goddess has ever been talked about before now. So far it seems like the Goddess is just "gone" for some reason probably pertaining to the after effects of the seal 3000 years ago much in the way the Demon King went to Purgatory.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Cursed... That was the most cursed post I've read in a long time... loving hell

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Hey guys I just started reading this manga Mx0!!! Gosh is it fun and unique!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Mulderman posted:

So today I saw a chapter of World Trigger popping up on Mangastream. And it made me wonder: Why bother?

I mean I get wanting to be the first and getting chapters out on friday. But once the official translation is done, and available for most of the planet on Mangaplus legally. Why still take the effort of translating it?
Why not focus on a series that is not covered officially.

More views, more ad money pretty much. They still translate One Piece and Dragon Ball Super too among any of the others that have official translations

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Jose posted:

nah its definitely not HxH. i think it might involve curing cancer?

I was going to say Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic but I don’t recall anything about cancer. Do you remember any other details?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

The latest chapter of Burning Effect is out. This latest arc is shaking down quite nicely now!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Huh what a coincidence, my roommate was asking me for a fun time travel based manga last night and I told him to check out Psyren.

I’m definitely going to see what this one is all about! I really really liked Psyren.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Sakamoto killing his assistant through his thoughts is a gag I can’t find myself getting tired of anytime soon.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

nrook posted:

I still can’t believe World Trigger just did a whole chapter that’s exclusively minor characters sitting around discussing the power rankings of other minor characters

It’s the most WT chapter ever

I’m so glad World Trigger came back. I’m rather enjoying season 2 of the anime so far and it’s making it a lot easier to remember everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i love that the climax of that chapter is one team captain opening the test rules in a text editor and just blasting out parts he thinks his team won't need to worry about before forwarding it to them.

Even better was the test proctors commenting on his strategy to have better control over his team. World Trigger is a lot of fun and I wish it came out more often but I prefer mangakas staying healthy