Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Scott Bakula posted:

Is there a series like Kamisama no Iutoori but people end up with special powers or did I imagine it or is that it?

I think you're thinking of Aphorism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

DrSunshine posted:

Who's talking in the first panel of the last page? "You're still as foul-mouthed as ever. You'd better change that attitude of yours."

Is it Ishida saying that to Ueno, or the other way around?

It's Ishida.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

CVE posted:

Anyone reading Soul Catcher(S)? Seems to be another relatively new jump manga.

It's about a guy who can see people's hearts but has always problems interpreting them and instead of helping the situation made things worse which resulted in him being a loner, until his own heart gets swayed and he gets slowly dragged into the Concert Band Club.

So far it has been pretty fun although you could say that it is generic as hell in it premise, still I like it. So far 12 chapters have been scanlated and its up to 30+ chapters in Japan.

I've been enjoying Soul Catcher(S).

Like you said, it does feel pretty generic, but the majority of my enjoyment of is creative imagery of the hearts.

I mean that's a baby riding a horse-dinosaur hybrid directly up a sheer cliff with the power of music, how is that not great?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Soul Catcher(S) 14 is out.

The faces whenever Kamine does basically anything incredible is so good :allears:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Alder posted:

Should I catch up with Til Death Do We Part the last I read it when they went undercover in the HS and were attacked by the secret special squad?

Till Death Do We Part is now interesting again now that the boring Undercover Highschool Arc is finished and now it's essentially Until Death Do Us Part: Shadow of Duhana as Mamoru hangs out in Duhana

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 28, 2014

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Iris Zero is real good

Also, maybe Rin? It's not necessarily a romance manga but it's pretty good.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Also to add to my list of recommendations ; Uwagaki is real good and makes me wish Immortal Hounds wasn't such a disappointment.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
"...! All those years of getting stuck with sweeping the classroom when he really just wanted to go home and play video games, It taught him the skills needed to be a professional stone sweeper!

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Ytlaya posted:

I'm always up for death game manga; it is my favorite trashy genre.

There's another death game manga similar to this one (where people get powers). I forget its name, but the main character has the ability to create equipment/items, his love interest is this crazy girl who can manipulate chains, and the game is run through a smart phone app. I remember it being pretty entertaining.

I believe this is Darwin's Game?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Zerilan posted:

Which series is this?

He’s probably talking about this

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
If you like Supernatural Thrillers, Summer Time Rendering is extremely good.

It seems to be wrapping up sometime soon.

Also, Blue Flag is worth reading if you want a story about a group of teens navigating through life and love. It's also good if you want to see manga teens debate views on sexuality and gender roles. It's having a kinda shaky ending right now, but all the stuff before has been compelling relationship drama stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
It also feels like it's a weird thing where they'll randomly take away chapter availability?

Because there's been definite times where i've been able to read all the chapters between the first and last 3 chapters?

:shrug: