Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Yak of Wrath posted:

I might have missed it in my skimming, but those who are reading Shuukan Shounen Hachi how are you finding it? I dropped it fairly early in because the "tournament school" premise didn't grab me and the stylistic callbacks to "Jitsu wa's" characters made me think that any moment a tiny Class Rep was going to pop out of the friendly rivals head.

Can I get a Cute/Dumb number out of 100? Has our "Earnest Wannabe Writer" burst free from his shell to become a "Dumb-mangaka"?

Like most manga about manga, it’s a bit up its own rear end. Working yourself into the ground is presented unambiguously as a good thing, editor/teachers are always right and have your best interests in mind when they’re abusing you, etc.

Panda girl is pretty good, though. 25/100 cute/dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Crain posted:

Definitely my favorite new series right now.

Elegant Headmaster is great.

Triple costume change was great.

Gene Simmons cow was also great.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Absurd, but in service to a cool story instead of 'Invincible Punchmans are Our Rightful Lords and Masters vol. 136'. Also, women exist and occasionally do things.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

That's why Cooking Papa is the greatest food manga, our hero consistently comes home after his 12-hour office workday to fuss over dinner for an alcoholic wife and a kid who'd be just as happy with fish sausage straight from the package.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

Like the Pomph face. :psyduck: I really must know what context leads to that as a translation.
Was it something that was actually said but that Mangaplus decided to localize because a Pomph isn't actually anything?

Japanese onomatopoeia is some next-level poo poo.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

More All series should do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I Am Fowl posted:

That's too little to even put a dent in my years-long sorrow for the loss of Teppu.

Teppu was so loving good.