Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
All I can say is more purple, less everything else please.

(Also, enough with the dragons already).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

moths posted:

Seriously. There isn't $100 worth of stuff that I want and would pay $100 for in the core, and every update makes that look less likely to change. There's two other categories of stretch goal (expansion, add-on) and it's apparent that there's going to be at least one more expansion to siphon away from the $100 core.

Yeah it's how you make money, but it's also how you sell fewer core sets.

E: I realize it's early and it will get better. But come on guys, get better.

I agree. Both with your original point and your edit. I can honestly see bailing on the core and just grabbing a Kraken, the mouslings, and a paint set. The core is good, but I don't need any of this stuff, and worse if (like you) I only want 30% of the core set, that makes the models $3 each; not much of a deal at that point.

We will see...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Dagon posted:

Someone earlier was asking for a checklist thing, like there was with the original bones. People on the Reaper forums have started matching up Bones II minis with their current versions: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/51663-ks-bones-ii-list-of-miniatures/

This list is great. It helped me realize that out of the current core list of miniatures I really only want these minis

I still want some add-ons, but why am I going to blow $100 on minis I could get for around $10 for all 3 (combined, they are all only $19 in metal right now!)? I still have my mini pile from the first KS, I don't need more "generic warrior with sword", I already have a dozen of them.

I know why Reaper did the Core Set Expansions, and I know this KS will make them a good pile of cash, but I don't think I'm in for the core set anymore. (Granted I will wait until the end to pull out, but things will need to get much more enticing for me to keep my Core Pledge.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

thiswayliesmadness posted:

They really need to dump some stuff with more 'oomph' into the core set. I missed the last bones KS and was eager to jump on this one early. But the whopping shipping costs (and I'm just across the border drat it!), along with the meh selection of minis has me tempted to pull out of this one.

I can still do the same hand-off we did for the last bones minis and will be doing for Deadzone scenery, so no panic. Email me and we can hammer out details.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Wouldn't mind the were-shark for my Space Sharks army...

Still waffling about the core set; mostly I'm just annoyed that 2 of the models I'd really like are trapped in the $60 part of the core set.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Which two models? I might be willing to work out some sort of trade.

But it's no biggie. They will be available at retail later.

E: And possibly this guy to be a Space Shark Librarian.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 10, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

That second one is one of my favorites. But because of that, I already have him in metal, so I don't need a squishy version. Are you for sure getting any other groups? Because there are a handful of minis I'd gladly accept in exchange for all three of those, but I don't know what you're planning on getting.

Anyhow, yeah, that's true, they'll be available at retail, but probably not until late Q1 2015, if not Q2. ;)

So far I'm only interested in the mouslings, the kraken, and the paint set; not much to trade with there, unless you want the king and princess mousling.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

TheGreySpectre posted:

I'm in for $150 at the moment. I'm interested to see where they go with their second expansion. When it comes to expansions in some ways I am slightly disappointed that they are adding a second expansion instead of just adding on to the first, but in the end what is in them will really define it for me. The second expansion is off to a really good start with the mounted characters.

I can't wait until we hit the 1.85m goal as I really want the wearshark model included. That model makes me think of street sharks, the TMNT knockoff from the 90s.

For those of you who have a lot of minis, is their paint a good deal as an addon? I have never really looked into the cost or quality of paints.

Yes the paint is a worthwhile addition, provided you want the colors they are offering.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

10 days to go? I know the last 2-3 days of most KS tend to get crazy, but they better kick this into a higher gear sooner than later.

I'm holding onto my core (second wave), but so far I'm still only interested in the mouslings, kraken and one paint set. The smattering of stuff in core I do like isn't worth $100 to me and the $50 core add-ons still feel like a rip off to me (I know they are not, but it's how I perceive them; they are just watering down the core set).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Glad to see Reaper is watching this thread and taking my advice. I would love to see what the expansion #3 turns into. Provided it maxes out I don't see passing on it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

With all these separate expansions, I'm worried that we won't see the conclusion of #2 or #3 before the end of the KS.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Stephenls posted:

Ha ha "Angels of Sorrow." Looks like this week's got a theme.

Yes but the Tardis is in expansion 3 while the Weeping Angels are in expansion 2, that is a really lovely move (which I hope the Who-vians fall for and boost the poo poo out of this KS).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Paolomania posted:

I'm feeling like Reaper made a strategic error here in not coming out of the gate strong with each of the expansion lots. One thing that got people on board early for Bones I was that even the first Vampire lot before stretch goals seemed like a reasonable deal for a retail package, so people could say "hey if thats all there is its still a reasonable deal". The opening offerings for each of the expansions seems nowhere near a reasonable retail equivalent ($50 for four pieces of bonesium modern scenery? $50 for three bonesium mounted and some guards? $50 for a bonesium dragon and some mooks?) so there is no motivation to bump up your pledge until the expansion seems like at least a retail equivalent (where I would guess early pledgers would be enticed) if not a good deal (where I think the bulk of pledgers start to think about it). They are trying to bump up enthusiasm with things like that video, but they should have just made the expansions sweeter out of the gate.

Yup. I want expansion 3, but I won't pledge unless I can see it all, and know that I won't miss any part of it by it failing to reach a "stretch goal". The expansions should have just been added in full. I have no doubt people would be tossing in cash much faster if that was the way they did it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Lame expansion update. Some kind of generic alien monster things. Just what I never wanted.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a handful of cthulhuzerg, myself.

I'll sell you mine if you want. (I can finally trade you something for the core figs I wanted!)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

That'd be cool, since I'm not really interested in the rest of that expansion as of yet. Although the tardis would be fun, I would be just as happy buying it alone at retail. Same goes for the weeping angels in the other expansion: I'd like them, but the rest of the expansion isn't doing it for me, so I'd just wait for retail.

Anyhow, we'll see how the expansions shape up in a few days, and we can figure something out then if need be. :)

You are in the US correct? This might work. I'd love all the terrain and the weeping angels.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

What the hell is this, I don't even know, but I want it.

A gigantic turd with claws and a lamprey mouth. What more could you need?

A better sketch or perhaps a greens-model so I can get a better idea what I'm looking at?

(I think it looks good too).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Paolomania posted:

I don't see the late push happening. There is no audience that hasn't heard the hype. Everyone who was either in on or missed out on Bones I is probably already in. The stretch structure already rewards increasing your pledge early. My bet is that there is no big pool of people waiting on the fence to jump in and no big pool of people waiting to up-pledge on the last day.

The late push is a given, it's how almost every KS runs. The only question is how big a push will it be? And will it happen soon enough to flesh-out the Expansions before people bail on them for being incomplete.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I think this whole Bones 2 KS would have been better served if they just skipped the cutesy "reveals" of all the goals and just laid it all out on day one. If I can see a cool mini that I want that is a $15 add-on I can pledge that amount, even if the model won't be unlocked until 2 million has been reached. That way they get my maximum pledge up front and then they only need to worry about finding new blood to drive up the total. And if 2 million isn't reached I can lower my pledge accordingly a day or two prior to the close of the KS. As it is I don't expect much from this KS. I'm currently looking at using my $1 pledge to get $53 worth of stuff. I might want Expansion 3, but without seeing the whole package I'm not going to commit the money. Or as one backer said "Don't wanna up my pledge until the expansions are fully unlocked, expansions won't unlock until lots of us up our pledges. It's a vicious cycle."

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Speaking of Expansion 2:

The tentacles would make a nice terrain piece if sunk into water effects, but I'm still not swayed yet.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ugh, a Sophie model has been added to the Core Set. Not terrible, but I still don't want it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

What is the deal with the pledge calculator? I select my add-ons and then it wants me to pick my tier. I already have a tier, it's a wave 1 $1 pledge tier! If I update my pledge and lose my October shipping date I will be deeply unimpressed.

(I also bailed on my core set pledge. But funnily so did someone else, as there were 2 wave 2 slots open when I went back to the home page.)

e: That pledge calculator is not well designed. I should not be as confused as I am as to what the hell is going on. gently caress it, I will up my pledge after the KS ends and I can't get screwed out of my wave 1 spot.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 23, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

I just use the number it gives me and I go do it via kickstarter directly. I tried to do it through the pledge manager, but it wasn't even putting in the right number. That is, it'd say $200 or whatever on the pledge manager, I'd continue through to kickstarter, and it would only fill in the previous value, say $150. So, screw that, I'll just use it as a convenient calculator/fiddler, and I'll enter the number it gives me by hand.

That worked. Now I have pledged $54 after dropping my $100 Core Set pledge making it a $47 loss for Reaper today, good work guys.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah i was pretty excited for a sci-fi themed set but now, not so much. Hopefully I can buy the shipping container and tardis by themselves later.

They will be available for retail sale, the only worry is what they will want to charge.

Ravendas posted:

They didn't update the main expansion pictures yet. They just went back and halved the number of expansion reveals necessary, so each update shows double. They're capable of changing things mid-stride, as they already did a similar thing two weeks ago. They'll get filled out with fewer goals now.

If they clip the Expansions short then they are absolutely not worth $50.

It will be amazing to see the bump when the 48 hour notices go out. And I can't wait for the final dissection of this KS once it has finished.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ravendas posted:

Except I didn't say that?

I said they're combining the unlocks together. So instead of 4 unlocks of 5 items each, it's 2 unlocks of 10 items each (or whatever numbers). Same amount of things getting unlocked faster. The expansions are all getting filled out.

Ah, I misunderstood.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ravendas posted:

Trick card, aka a free random unlock, popped up. An actual addition to the core, a not-bulette.

Trying to figure out if that's a not-yet-finished model, as it looks unfinished.

Edit: What I mean, is that the shell, head, underbelly, everything looks great, then X's all over the untextured legs.

It's wearing quilted leg warmers, duh.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

nm

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Booberella may be a new sculpt. I tried to find her on the Reaper site to see it painted up and see if someone gave it a modesty upgrade via that paint job, but no dice. So reaper (creeper?) miniatures has gone above and beyond to give you a new model that you'd be ashamed to use on the gaming table.

I still like the company, but if they could tone down the dragons and casual misogyny, I'd like them a whole lot more.

Weirdo posted:

Some vocal fans have been clamoring for nude models to make sure the 'feminists' don't 'win'.

Which is confusing as they removed the nude female sacrifice from the dungeon dressing last time and the cultist victim is removed this time. Perhaps women can only be nude if they are acting as strong nude rolemodels.

e: None of the last few add-ons to the core make me regret dropping it.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 25, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I'm glad we get to see all of expansion 2, sadly I don't like much of expansion 2. Now I would like to see all of expansion 3 so I can hate it too. (I hope I won't hate it, but beyond the first terrain parts I haven't liked its additions).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Stephenls posted:

Oh man is that why it costs seventy freaking dollars? That sucks. (And is also kinda great.)

You have to wonder if they have sold any post KickStarter.

"You know what I need a dragon mini that is so large it can't even fit on my shelf. Maybe I can convince the wife to use it as a centerpiece for Thanksgiving?"
_____/
:chord:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

What the hell is a Tarrasque and why (other than it being a huge "mini") does everyone seem to care?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Jesus suffering gently caress I hate fan-boy nerds.

Some Bones 2 backer posted:

"shut up and take my money!"

I want this bad boy! No sleep until the KS ends!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

To out do the last KS they will need to make over $700,000 in the next 8 hours. I don't know if I see that happening.

E: I hope they do, for the most part I like Reaper and I like Bones, I just don't think this KS was as well run as the last one.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 26, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I like the tower, but I am trying to justify it as I don't hink it would look right on a 40K or Infinity table...

That and the Khanjira. I don't think I'd want it myself, but how likely is it that I would be able to re-sell it after the KS? And how big a box would I need to ship it in?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

thiswayliesmadness posted:

So what's everyone's shopping list looking like?

Have cash put down for:
1 x Kraken
1 x Hill Giants
1 x MSP set 1
1 x Mouslings

Still debating:
1 x Khanjira
1 x Dragons Don't Share

These are both great deals, but it is stuff I don't need and can't see much of a use for.

OK Bones-goons sway me, make me spend $60 more on gigantic miniatures I can't see ever using.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I used Bones 2 to get some neat stuff that I'd like to try painting and nothing more; all in $54. :feelsgood:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Rabbi posted:

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but does anyone play Warlord? I like the minis a lot so I was thinking about putting a couple of armies together to make someone play with me, but I can't find much info on anyone playing it. I found one really poorly done battle report on youtube that put me to sleep, but that's it. Is it fun?

If Warlord is small scale armies you might try Song of Blades and Heroes, if it is large scale armies you might try Kings of War (a second edition of the rules will be out soon). Both rule systems are simple to use and seem very well liked.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

I expect to see my box tomorrow. :getin:

Scrub, mine is here.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT

anyhow, I already sold all of mine on ebay

AH-HA! Gotcha!

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Mouslings x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Hill Giants x1
Master Series Paint Set x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 02-11-2015 and is being shipped UPS Ground.

For reference Wave 2 in the USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

What did you think of my list? Does it please you? Do you think I made the right decisions? I'm not sure, maybe I should have ordered more bases.

Only one Khanjira? We are greatly displeased, hang your head in shame.

• Locked thread