Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

Well, you better decide soon, this thing closes in June! :derp:

Is that the actual closing date to get in? I wasn't able to find a solid answer to that through google or reaper's site, but maybe I'm an idiot. That's good to know, as I don't particularly care about wave.

Felime fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

That's the final closing date to make additions to your pledge. Do note that you can lock in your pledge now, and ADD stuff as much as you want up until then. So as long as you know what you want to do with the money you already pledged, there's literally no reason to not lock that in now, and doing so would help reaper a little bit by cementing what they need to get done.

I haven't pledged, but realized I needed white plastic crack in my life, and was wondering if I could wait until january to get in on III. (I didn't do the other bones and the core set is a pretty good deal in that context.)

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

I'll do what I did for 3 - just buy the stuff I think is really super-cool and cringe at my lack of an airbrush.

A passable airbrush setup costs about as much as a semi-loaded out boner pledge. Just sayin

Felime fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 23, 2016

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I'm too lazy to take proper care of an airbrush. Cleaning the whole thing out just to swap colors? Ugh.

Generally cleaning it out in that sense just means a minute or two blowing water and cleaner through until you're satisfied, unless you've been spraying something strong and the next color is an easily tinted pigment like white (And you need it to be pure white).

Generally I only disassemble mine every couple uses, or after I've been spraying varnish. Varnish is a pain and a half to get out once it's dried.

IMO not really much more cleaning than really thoroughly cleaning nice brushes, generally. And if you gently caress up with brushes you can't disassemble them and soak them in airbrush cleaner overnight to fix them.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

I don't have room for a proper spray booth anywhere and I'm not spraying indoors without one. Both I and my wife have iffy lungs.

That's a fair enough reason. They do make collapsible ones, but they still take up room when set up.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Fauxtool posted:

Is the patriot 105 one of the airbrushes able to hookup directly to the paint bottles? That always seemed so convenient even though I never had a project big enough to need that.

The siphon feed airbrushes tend to have their own bottles. You can probably fill those up with a mix and store paint in them for later use, but honestly, for miniatures, that's hella overkill. Apparently it's great for big projects and such. For airbrush work on cars, etc... people tend to use multiple airbrushes, one with each color. The cost difference is easily made up by the time saved.

I don't know how easy those are to clean out quickly but they seem like they would be a pain.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
It's good business sense and makes customers happy. Win-win in my book, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I do this. It works fine. I find it a lot easier than trying to spray on base coats directly.

It's not super durable though so use some heavy duty varnish. I usually use the dip method, so this isn't an issue.

Airbrush, dip, or paint on the varnish though. Even through a few layers of paint the bones can still get loving sticky from rattlecan varnish.

• Locked thread