Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The shipping confirmation email (where to?)? Good for you, I hope I got mine soon. But I'm very wary of ordering ANYTHING big from them now (unless I know I can get the transfer reversed the moment they gently caress something up). That RMS paint mega set I wanted? Looking less and less likely now.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Hey, at least you've got your Bones somewhere closer than Texas :(

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Quantumfate posted:

So, my FLGS had a bunch of the kickstarter bones for sale, and I grabbed a ton. But I made the mistake of priming a pack of kobolds I got. Am I hosed here or can I undo it without ruining the models?
IIRC, they dry out OK, it just takes a lot longer (like a week or two). Just don't let them get dusty in the meantime :v:

Fix posted:

Gotta wonder how they're going to run against Kickstarter's new stretch goal advisories.
What's changed?

ed: And speaking of my package, Reaper says the shipping should be done by the end of this week, or, in human terms, "it should be shipped before the end of September, really".

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 20, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Got my shipping notice. loving finally.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

It looks like a lot of folks got the extra NOVA marines, too.
Good proxies for those terrible Space Hulk terminators! :haw:

thespaceinvader posted:

I need to do spreadsheets for these and work out an order of priority based on upcoming EPIC mods actually...
What you need is a kanban. And a kanban to organize all the kanbans :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Yes, they are amazing, but from a miniature game standpoint. For a boardgame they're terrible, way overdetailed and they don't fit on the spaces as well as previous ones did. Most people probably gutted the boxes for 40K anyway.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Hey, I didn't shift. Yes I feel better now that I roughly know when I'll get my minis, but the ROW issue was still shittily done :colbert:

And if I do back Bones 2, I'll be doing it through someone in the US. Not worth the hassle otherwise.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Or you can just use the Bones breakdown:
http://greg.botch.com/bones/

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Red + Blue = Brown!
Fixed :v: That's why you buy purple paint.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

So, that's shifting the hassle of fixing the error to me, but the $7 is enough to cover the cost of the figure ($2.79) plus shipping ($2.58) plus handling ($1), with sixty three cents left over, so I guess that works.
I hope they don't do the same for ROW, the shipping's gonna kill it.

(or that if they do, I'm missing the middle part of Kaladrax' tail :v:)

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 16, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I just got my KS package. Huh, everything looks smaller than I thought. And I totally forgot that paint sets are 12 bottles each and not six and had a bit of a :haw: when I opened the package.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 16, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

Is that what they did? Because I got a notice that they're sending my the missing parts from my two giants.
Where are you? Because gently caress them if they make me pay $15 for shipping a single missing mini.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Anyone else encountered miscast faces? Like sunken eyes, sculpt too flat where material should be in the original, that sort of thing? Did you report it to Reaper?

ed: Reaper just told me to list them too, except these minis where the whole run was ruined:

80003 Ellen Stone
80006 Dita, Steampunk Witch
77057 Juliette, Female Sorceress
77087 Townfolk: Mom & Kids
77093 Drago Voss, Male Assassin (if you can't find this one on the breakdown it's one of the drawings)

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 1, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Looking kinda meh at the moment. Buy in now before it's gone!, no shipping costs for ROW specified, plus the shipping hassle last time, plus the core set isn't as bloated with stretch rewards as last time... Wake me up once they hit $1M or so.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
poo poo, it does look nice now and my miniature budget's exhausted... so is the reserve budget... And I'll be damned if I'm gonna borrow money for mandollies. If they are making it limited only, that's it, otherwise I'll get in wave #935 or something and get my minis right when I paint the first :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Jetfire posted:

drat you and your cross-border fees. That's gonna hurt. :canada: :argh:
Please tell me all about your Canadian free shipping :allears: :poland:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

jammu posted:

5 kg, $300 value: Poland $80
So that's it for me getting Bones 2 :( thanks, saves me the worry.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

jammu posted:

There's always retail. Based on bones 1, they should be on stores before christmas 2014.
Either way I'm hosed on the shipping from the US, and there's like 1 store selling Reaper in Poland. I'll keep an eye out, but I don't have high hopes.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mr Beens posted:

There is nothing Reaper can do about this.
Not underdeclare large packages?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

Sorry, the gas spore was the best. Looks like a beholder, but when you jump it, it loving explodes. It's the ultimate in "So you thought you had the upper hand!" bullshit.
Not to mention all the colored oozes and jellies that hosed you over by imitating other species with glaring weaknesses they were actually strongly resistant to.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Kerzoro posted:

... Can you honestly imagine trying to make something like Kaladrax in metal? @_@
Yes.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/kaladrax/latest/10012

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I think the pie was slightly off-scale :colbert:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

MisterG posted:

Shelf of shame = unpainted miniatures that need *something* to get done. It could be motivation, it could be inspiration of a color scheme that doesn't make the space marine look like a mariachi, you name it; it's not done and it's way past time for it to be painted.
I'm not opening that because my Bones will fall out and damage the unfinished (for months) werecats. And if I move them I'll have to move my partially assembled Saga Vikings and then I'll never find all the parts. I think there's also some material for a never-written paper underneath.

No, that's not my shelf of shame. That's only what I need to do to reach the actual shelf.

:negative:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I just ordered the bones version, I'd be pretty wary about attaching a metal part to that soft resin.
Bonesium isn't that bad, it's more of a question of the metal arm being much heavier and the model falling over every time you look at it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Schmetterling posted:

I'll cross bone too :)

I love the :swoon: eyes on the owlbear :3:

• Locked thread