Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

CAV in Bones is awesome, it'll make proxying mechs in Battletech a whole lot better looking than just printing out paper tokens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Swags posted:

Are these supposed to have been sent to me yet? I remember them saying they'd be sent out in March, but March is almost over.

They're being shipped out but they have thousands of orders to move. When you get yours depends on what you ordered, the more complex the later.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I would hold off on the Pathfinder Dragon or Jabberwock Since they're only retailing for 15 and 13 dollars, respectively, and cost 10 each in bones bucks (tm)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LumberingTroll posted:

I think you are talking about the WotC red dragon, not the Pathfinder Red Dragon. It retails for $40
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dragon/latest/60028

Better get it from paizo before they increase the price, then http://paizo.com/products/btpy8wor?Pathfinder-Bones-Miniatures-Red-Dragon

edit: Yeah you're looking at the metal one not the bones version.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The giants are my favorite add-ons out of the whole set, I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's not going to be surprising if you're missing minis, since a 1% error rate is still thousands of orders

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I believe they're sending out e-mails as they ship, so if you've never seen an e-mail you shouldn't be worried.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Every time I read a post in here about a shipping order I get sad, but then I look at the shipping tracker, see thousands of orders left, and remember that the reason mine hasn't shipped yet is that I'm getting SO MANY MINIS.

What's another weekend at this point?

edit: I'd forgotten I had so many line items/spent way too much loving money on minis I'll never use:

Vampire x1 $100
Fire Giants x1 $10
Frost Giants x1 $10
Undead Giant x1 $10
Clockwork Dragon x1 $15
Spider Centaurs x1 $10
Fire Giant Warriors x1 $10
Nethyrmaul x1 $25
Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10
C'thulhu x1 $10
Demons x1 $15
There Be Dragons x1 $15
Forces Of Nature x1 $15
Deep Dwellers x1 $7
Frost Wyrm x1 $10
Owlbear x1 $3

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 28, 2013

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Reaper's got Kaladrax listed for $75.

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/sku-down/77192

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I just got my UPS notice, no e-mail from reaper themselves. A perk of living about 4 hours away from the warehouse is that it's going to take a whole day to get here.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Man, did they really have to pack each vampire mini in its own bag?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

moths posted:

I seem to be missing my Mr.Bones. I remember there were some problems with that one, is he getting mailed separately?

Mine was in a little brown box for whatever reason.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Psychic Fetus posted:

Is this the point where this goes from the anticipation thread/oh wait my poo poo's here thread and moves on up to the look what I'm doing with my mini loot thread! IE painting them/tips and tricks... Oaths... buy/sell/trades...

JUST SAYING...

I sorted them and packed them away in a box because I'm moving in a month :(

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm in, they did good by my neck of the woods.

edit: you realize they've probably been planning this since before they started shipping out ANY rewards, right? These take a lot of planning.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 20, 2013

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I can't find the source, it's somewhere on the reaper forums, but they've said the first bones kickstarter didn't leave them rolling in cash once it was all said and done. I think most f te money went into capital and fulfillment.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Oh, lord. Terrible time for it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bad Munki posted:

Shipping costs were stated as clearly as possible: ROW pays actual shipping costs. They can't give you that number yet because the weight of the package isn't known yet, but you can make a guess and decide whether or not you can afford it based on that.

Also, remember: the core set (vampire level) last time started small too. It only got so intensely ridiculous because goals kept being met. We've already hit probably three or four, and we're 20 minutes in.

I think they're doing something really critically different this time: there is ONLY limited seating available. There won't be a billion orders to poo poo out at the end of this, there will be NO MORE than 4500. Period, at all, ever. I suspect turnaround time will be much more accurately predicted because of that: a known number of orders is something they, as an experienced company, can pretty readily account for.

I would bet money they add at least one more shipping tier for November.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hope you were around for the first 30 minutes of the kickstarter since shipping date #1 is gone.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Everything I really want has been free so far, except the lords of darkness add-on because I must have this dude:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

A ton of Ral Partha sculptors also do models for Reaper.

e:f,b

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Yeah, I think I'll just pick up pigdemon somewhere down the line.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I still want to know why that guy is also a castle

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm definitely buying an extra set of Swamp Things once they let me. Turtles and frogs. :3:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I just noticed that one of my favorite models is in the core set: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Dark%20Heaven%20Legends/latest/03614

It's mostly resin with some metal bits, so I'm really interested in seeing how it makes the transition to bonesium.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I assume there are other stretch goals between those, but they're getting a little too complicated.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Today's updates are kinda boring, I don't need an 8th dragon. At least it's a big dragon in an action pose.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I think I'm going to stop keeping up with this for a week or two and then look at it fresh and decide if I still want the core.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I hope there are more Karkarians, those models are great (WERESHARKS) but the metal/resin ones are super expensive.

Edit: I learned from the new update that I have to pay sales tax now for some reason

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 11, 2013

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The filled out expansion 3 turned out pretty disappointing. I might just buy the IMEF squad at some point.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Pledging for 26 bucks so I can get a tarrasque.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If you seal them well you can throw them in pretty much any sort of box as long as they don't get jostled around too much. I've always used foam because a lot of metal minis are super fragile and bones don't really suffer from that.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Yeah, the end of december deadline means I'm in for a buck until it ends and then + whatever after I've bought christmas presents for everyone.

edit: sorry about your stretch goals, I guess

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The highland encounter set is ok, but I don't need a snake monster with gigantic tits.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

After the first KS ended up just collecting dust on my shelves as my RPG group scattered to the winds, I'm just picking and choosing at retail, unless someone in here wants to give me a really good deal on a core set.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Wild West Oz figures look really cool, and I'm usually not into that aesthetic at all.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That Tiamat is ridiculously huge, I almost want it just to have it.

On the other hand, Kaladrax is never coming out of a box.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Poor Sir Forscale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I have literally no use for a boat full of ghost pirates but I'm totally buying it anyway

• Locked thread