Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'll do what I did for 3 - just buy the stuff I think is really super-cool and cringe at my lack of an airbrush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Felime posted:

A passable airbrush setup costs about as much as a semi-loaded out boner pledge. Just sayin

I don't have room for a proper spray booth anywhere and I'm not spraying indoors without one. Both I and my wife have iffy lungs.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I can't fukken remember what wave I was or whatever. Or even if I got into this one at all.

Wat.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Bachtere posted:

Bone zone. Got my Wave 1 shipment today.

It's one thing to see the previews of some of these next to Sir Forscale, but in person, these are just massive. Not just Ma'aldraakor, but T'Raukzul, the Purple Worm, the Froghemoth are big rear end miniatures. T'Raukzul is practically a statue like Ma'aldraakor.

I'm assuming they didn't come int he box labelled 'contents: Sledge Hammer'?

I'm now super hype for Tiamat, but I need to get some practice airbrushing dragons before I attempt her I think. I don't wanna gently caress it up.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Base Emitter posted:

Results vary, although you could attribute that to washing laziness if you like. Don't thin the base coat. Personally I prime because the result seems more durable that way (also I have been fooling around with zenithal and preshading lately). I airbrush but the Reaper forum favorite is brushing on Reaper's brown liner.

In case you have money left after those Dwarven Forge fuckers went through your pockets, the Bones 4 Kickstarter begins August 1.

:homebrew: http://www.reapermini.com/bones4 :homebrew:

That dragon turtle tho

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

:tviv: MalDrakar is enormous.

I need to paint some of my giant Bones. Maldrakar, Dagon, and Nathavarr are high on the list, and I may well end up selling off large chunks of my pile of unpainted plastic because I'm not playing D&D any more and I'll just never get round to using it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I bought much of what i bought with the expectation of getting a minis collection together for use in RPGs, but I'm now playing X-Wing almost exclusively and the Bones are taking up a lot of space.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

There is nothing I want from this.

Nothing.

No. Thing.

*follows*

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Gawd there are some nice dragons in this one.

I will NOT buy more dragons to not paint.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

food court bailiff posted:

What do people use the Chronoscope stuff for? I'm always tempted to get some modern/scifi stuff but I really don't know that I'd get a ton of use out of them.

I use mine for occupying a box in the bottom of my bookcase :(

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Shadowrun would probably work for some of them as well. Apocalypse World too, not that that's especially minis-heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

It's no exaggeration: you genuinely don't need to prime them. Laying down a solid layer of colour so you can see the detail helps, but primer is unnecessary as long as your base coat isn't too thin.

• Locked thread