Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What is the game? I totally forgot about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Man, I should have bought more Cthulu's. With as durable as this stuff is, it'd be totally worth it to line a bunch of them up and do Cthulu bowling.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I actually prefer passive poses in a lot of cases, both male and female. It gets a little boring to have everyone always in the motion of swinging an axe or whatever.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I backed down from ordering all the dragons, but once I start seeing pics I may be banging down your door, LT.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What's the retail price on Cthulu, anyway?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Retail is only forty bucks for that thing? :aaaaa:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Whole lotta bendy spears and swords in there.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

They did layer over some lovely music at the end, but it's not banned here.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

This one time, seven posts ago...

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

That Cthulu is actually smaller than I thought.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Another update from Reaper: The final shipment from China should be leaving there in a week, and it takes about 5 weeks for the journey, so it's looking like the end of June at this point.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Was not expecting a pic of an actual vampire. :drac:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

28 line items.

:negative:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh god the pills worked it's finally coming!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It's not the size of your package, it's what you do with it. Which makes you a whore, technically speaking. :wink:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm working on a ruleset importing the Infinity rules to a fantasy setting with a focus on melee maneuvers.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PublicOpinion posted:

That's probably Hyrekia, who was part of the Kaladrax add-on.

Ooh, thanks for this info. I was wondering what that was about.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What's "the Kaladrax problem?" I haven't opened mine.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

5x Cthulhu? :catstare:

Looks like my Kaladrax is whole and unscathed, and holy poo poo is it gigantic.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

gtrmp posted:

Aside from the already-mentioned issues, for many people, his head and the spiked end part of his tail are super soft, not like the regular Bonesium plastic but a more pliable almost rubbery material. It's pliable enough that I could bend my Kaladrax's lower jaw backwards so that the tip of his jaw touched the bottom of his skull.

Yeah, mine has that. Is that something people are getting replacements for? Does it hold paint?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Honestly, with this material you're probably better off just using a thick pin from the head to a hole in the neck. There's no real need to use magnets at all.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It's in a flexible rubbery material, so it's probably not going to swivel that much. Just make sure the hole it's going into is slightly smaller than the pin and I don't foresee much problem.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It came with Kaldrax Reborn.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Mine wasn't actually in the Kaladrax box, just loose in the larger shipping box.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Gotta wonder how they're going to run against Kickstarter's new stretch goal advisories.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Pierzak posted:

What's changed?

Nothing yet, but they recently put out an advisory warning that might point to changes in the future.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It's funny that people complaining about being the last in the world still get to play with their toys before me because I agreed to some cockamamy plan to draft these models with other people with disparate schedules. Sure, this box has been sitting in my office for a couple months, but am I painting plastic? Nooooooo. Gotta wait two more weeks!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

FIVE of us (three goons, two others and a designated drinker) signed on for this, back when the kickstarter was live. We agreed to buy in on a Vampire and some stuff and host a draft once it came and we could all get together. Well, once of us moved away, and the schedule has been delayed and delayed, but it finally happened tonight.

Here were the rules:
-The Vampire kit (and extras compensating the Sophie bonus bux) would be divided into five bags.
-Everyone would pick a game. The host (me) picked first.
-The winner of the game would get first draft of the models from the first bag, chosen at random by the designated drinker (whom was not actually drafting models himself). Model drafting order followed from there.
-The person who came in last place chose the next game to be played.
-Consumption was critical at all opportunities.

I apologize, but no photos exist of most of these rounds. It is incredibly unfortunate, because as host, my Croquet challenge went completely undocumented, despite the early gentlemanly conduct that pervaded the round and the effort I put into grooming the yard. It was a matter of trustingly handing people wooden mallets before better sensibilities were compromised, and it was a good choice to start out with.

A round of 15-second examination and model-grabbing ensued.

Nor do I have evidence of the break for pulled pork and dhal dinner, or the spread that went along, as we set up to drink beer and play Krosmaster, in a 6 way cross-alliance pit battle. Each of us were randomly dealt two equally-ranked characters and chose one for the fight, and then set out forming and breaking alliances immediately, crossing each other out in fairly formulaic matter.

Another round of model drafting happened.

Nor, particularly, do I have any pictures of the Pathfinder arena combat that took place, wherein we all created 15 point level one characters equipped with 100gp worth of stuff and went at it. I played a pantsless gnomic bard with a slide whistle and a couple pairs of manacles, and nearly came in third after putting my new friends to sleep, but alas, I didn't get to pick the Beholder this round. C'est la vie.

More drafting and consumption happened here.

And this is where the camera came out because at this point the evening changed and this experience absolutely needs to be shared in the internet era:

One of our own, goon Nathonicus dug up a set of rules written by one Ed Allen, who went to Standford back in the mid 90's and spat out these rules for what essentially was a drinking game at the time. Nathonicus apparently found these rules back then and dragged them out of the Archive.org mists of history for us, and for that we owe him thanks. Absolute, unending thanks.

My childrens' playdough carried the burden. Each of us had to choose a color and sculpt a model according to the rules, a set barely encapsulated by the rules. and damages were already written.

The range of these whip arms is, of course, direct.

We added that the bottle terrain could be moved, but anyone moving it would have to take a pull in order to do so

A well-realized version of the "large missile" upgrade.

Eventually, of course, the terrain just became another weapon.

If you're out there, Ed Allen: Holy poo poo, thanks. That was goddamn epic.

After another round of drafting minis, we got down to a friendly round of Hex Hex, with Hexen sticks to decide who would get the final pick of models. After a bit of trading back and forth with the final scores, we all ended up with a ton of great models, and a lot of fun getting them. For twenty bucks buy-in, this was a great way to play the Reaper Bones game, and I'd totally recommend it to any other groups that want to go in on it. Make an event out of it. We're already bound in for round two.

Fix fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Sep 15, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Indolent Bastard posted:

But which one are you?

The one holding the camera, of course.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

gently caress. Yes. Bring it on.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Leperflesh posted:

Let me know if posting these is annoying or redundant.

Naw man, keep it up. Hard to keep up, otherwise.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Man, they're going to do a million dollars just today, aren't they?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hahaha there's no point in even trying to keep your front page graphics updated, Reaper. Just grab your ankles and receive our dollars.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

6000 backers. Christ.

Fix fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 1, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

From seven thousand people, no less.

LOL the dude doing the graphics must be swearing. "Fine, I'll just make this section all black. Not like anyone's going to see it anyway."

e: Hahaha Kicktraq has this thing trending towards $19M.

Fix fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 1, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Leperflesh posted:

Averaging $106.71 per backer.

Also, the first 500 $1 backer tier is full, and they've opened another, for December delivery (with Wave 6).

At the speed at which this thing is going, I expect a that average per backer is going to go up a lot while people buy in to the core set and then figure out what all the options they want are. I know I haven't put any additional money down, but will be doing so later in the month for sure.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

There's something to this little game board they're playing, such that every time he gets to a place it asks Trick or Treat, and every spot where something was unlocked says Treat. So is something going to say "Trick" eventually?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

They are in Texas. They probably just have a dim view on taxes in general.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Gough Suppressant posted:

Are the Bones line at a scale that works with say DND Miniatures?

That's the intention, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Aw dammit, I put enough in for the dragons don't share, but then left the house and missed out on the Thank You Pack. Looks like some dope poo poo in there.

• Locked thread