Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
God knows when I'll actually get around to painting any of it, I already have more metal Reaper figs than I will Bones.

Vampire x1 $100
Ebonwrath x1 $10
There Be Dragons x1 $15
Demons x1 $15
Deathsleet x1 $10
Mythos Monsters x1 $10
Clockwork Dragon x2 $30
Red Dragon x1 $10
Fire Giant Warriors x1 $10
Jabberwock x2 $20
Nethyrmaul x1 $25
Hydra x1 $15
Storm Giants x1 $10
C'thulhu x5 $50
Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10
Owlbear x2 $6
Deep Dwellers x1 $7
Swamp Things x1 $5
Griffon x1 $4
Undead Paint Set x1 $18
IMEF Paint Set x1 $18

And here are some of the Bones pieces that I have already painted metal versions of, so I'll be selling the Bones versions of these (except the Owlbears, part of me wanted to buy 20 of them and paint them all different colors):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
A good unboxing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJrW3VIuWL0

What a loving bargain, seeing it all splayed out like that.

Bachtere fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 7, 2013

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
Got mine as well:

quote:

Griffon x1
Swamp Things x1
Deep Dwellers x1
Owlbear x2
Kaladrax Reborn x1
C'thulhu x5
Storm Giants x1
Hydra x1
Nethyrmaul x1
Jabberwock x2
Fire Giant Warriors x1
Red Dragon x1
IMEF Paint Set x1
Clockwork Dragon x2
Mythos Monsters x1
Deathsleet x1
Demons x1
There Be Dragons x1
Undead Paint Set x1
Ebonwrath x1
vampire x1

18 pounds of goodies. To go along with the 25 or so pounds of Reaper metals I already have.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

Ashcans posted:

I appreciate how this just completely overwhelms their photobooth and they're just like 'welp, good as we can do'.

Also that thing is enormous, I can't imagine how you would ever actually use it. But I definitely want to see one painted up by Bachtere.

Heh, I'm planning on picking one up (and probably selling it a year and a half later unpainted, but that is neither here nor there).

The thing about that model is that it has left the miniature category and entered the statue category. I used to collect comic statues, Bowen Designs and Sideshow. The key to making those look good is shading and finish (gloss v. matte, gloss and matte in a complimentary way). The same is going to be true for Mr. Dragon. A lot of our time as mini painters is trying to mimic shadow and light on a smaller scale. That shouldn't be super necessary on something this big. Pick good colors that compliment each other (Wings, body, underbelly, horns, teeth, mouth, eyes), get a good clean base coat down, focus on shading, get your details clean, and you should be golden. You are going to be able to stand 10 feet away from this god drat thing and still be able to appreciate its paint job.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

JackMann posted:

Current bets:

Slimnoid: 2.1 million
Doctor Borris: 2.2 million
Gareth Gobulcoque: 2.3 million
JackMann: 2.5 million
Bad Munki: 2.7 million

We're into the last 24 hours and just hitting 2.1. Winner can expect four minis painted by the rest of us schlubs.

And I will take $2.6 million.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
Great shame. Great.

I have actually had the mini painted for about a year. Just not the base. I've also not painted anything in about a year.

I blame Munki, somehow.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
Bone zone. Got my Wave 1 shipment today.

It's one thing to see the previews of some of these next to Sir Forscale, but in person, these are just massive. Not just Ma'aldraakor, but T'Raukzul, the Purple Worm, the Froghemoth are big rear end miniatures. T'Raukzul is practically a statue like Ma'aldraakor.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
I went on a bit of a tear and assembled almost all of the larger Bones figures I had from this and the previous Kickstarters. Closet space is non-existent. Here are some gigantic group shots:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
And if you do want to spray prime, the Army Painter spray paints lack the ingredient that normal primers have that result in the tackiness on Bones.

• Locked thread