Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
black's diaper wasn't as noticeable as black RX's though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

black's diaper wasn't as noticeable as black RX's though.

That's true, but it's still super bad in Black. Black RX's design has some more unique problems, though it's got some neat things to it as well.

RX at least didn't have brown colored undersuit sticking out of the diaper legs.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also half your posts in this thread can be summarized as "No this thing is bad, except when my favorite series does it. Then it's good." Nah it's as bad in black as it is in most things.

If that was true Kamen Rider V3 would have the best design.

Sadly V3 has one of the ugliest designs that I just cannot stand. Thankfully he's amazing.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

That's true, but it's still super bad in Black. Black RX's design has some more unique problems, though it's got some neat things to it as well.

RX at least didn't have brown colored undersuit sticking out of the diaper legs.

...which looked like dried diarrhea. Still, it was a great series.

Super-1 had the best design. Goofy but still awesome.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Also half your posts in this thread can be summarized as "No this thing is bad, except when my favorite series does it. Then it's good." Nah it's as bad in black as it is in most things.

I know I already replied to this but I just realized how asinine this complaint is to what I was saying.

Why?

I adore Sky Rider, at least in its first half- sure he has dorky villains to begin with, but the guy is awesome.

And Kuuga is tied with Black for my second favorite series ever, both behind V3.

Literally the ones I am criticizing here are ones I actually really like. And seriously V3, your colors are awful and your helmet is stupid. I love you anyways man.

With Black, I appreciate the idea that went into it and the sleekness of the design. It's a weird not plastic, not leather material that visually clicks with me, and I really loved the steam gimmick of the first bunch of episodes- was legit sad they retired it.

I fully acknowledge, and alluded to the fact, that the bio mechanical gimmick didn't work as well as it could have due to the budget, but I love the creativity behind it. I'd love to see them try that again, but I don't think it'd work on a TV budget. Black's design is, much like his show, flawed but filled with great ideas that I wish could have been done better.

RX's design is fine as well, but he really needed to have black leggings to go with his shorts, and the deterioration on his suit as the series went on did him zero favors as the crotch piece broke away from the leg pieces making it more and more jarring.

RX's main problem beyond that was just a boring belt design that implied he should have had two laser swords, when he only had the one.

And yes Super 1 has the single best Kamen Rider design. Well, at least he has my favorite design. Shame about his series though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I'd never heard about that. Explains why half the Orphenochs later on are cut and pasted versions of old ones.

also why they're all unpainted to begin with and why most of faiz's gear is obviously toys even by Rider standards

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Waffleman_ posted:

You can see this in Gaim where Gen Urobuchi tries his damndest to make a dark, serious series about fruit samurai.

I have come to the opinion regarding Gaim and it's suit parade that the show would have been a lot better paced if Kouta had never gotten the Rainments.

Like here's a hypothetical world where Kouta never gets the Rainments;

Kouta is just given the escape key by Sagara. He still has issues with New Generation Riders but by clever use of new non artificial lock seeds that others have been using (Mango, Walnut, Durian, whatever.) he's able to fight back mostly based on teaming up with people and being able to adapt with clever used of older lock seeds against the technically stronger New Generation Riders. This still allows for new toys, Sagara isn't as obviously playing favorites, and it's not as weird a few episodes later when Kouta gets Kachidoki Arms; at this point he's just utterly out of his league regarding the Overlords, and Sagara gives him a helping hand in the form of the Kachidoki lock seed- so he's only helped him once-. Even if this is moved forward a few episodes, it still flows better when Kaito gets Lemon Energy Arms; Kaito has something that Kouta doesn't, now, a power he found on his own without Sagara, even if he relied on Ryouma, he's using it in his own way. Hell if you really want to push it you could even give Kaito Baron Lemon before Kouta gets Kachidoki, then Sagara isn't unfairly piling advantages on Kouta, he's giving him a hand because Kaito got given a hand by Ryouma. From there the show proceeds as normal, except that maybe Zenith Arms shows up in like episode 40 or whenever it was when he very clearly should have gotten it but he already had it, or even it still shows up in like 31 if Kachidoki is moved up, because it'll have been some time with Kachidoki and it's time for new toys.

this is my rambling post about how Fruit Samurai could have been better.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

...which looked like dried diarrhea. Still, it was a great series.

Black was a really good, strong 12 episode mini series that was stretched out with some of the worst nothing episodes in Toku.

Those good episodes are super good but as a whole Black's kind of not great.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Faiz's suits were pretty much the only thing going for it.

Faiz had a couple of interesting things plot-wise, despite all the Inoue. I still loved them treating the belt like an actual physical object instead of something characters just pull out of their rear end whenever they need to transform, complete with it getting stolen and used by other people. I would *love* if that came back more often.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blockhouse posted:

also why they're all unpainted to begin with and why most of faiz's gear is obviously toys even by Rider standards

This is a thing I've noticed that Toei like struggles to get right on a show-to-show basis. Kabuto's belt looked like a passable prop even close-up. Wizard and W's belts both look like passable props close-up. Decade's belt looked pretty good, probably because of the heavy reliance on those holographic after-effects. Den-O's belt benefited in a similar way.

Gaim's belt looks okay, but the lockseeds look like toys. Fourze's belt looks okay from a distance, but close up it's clearly made out of plastic- it's even got those kinda pearlescent swirls from uneven mixing or whatever. Drive's belt looks good when it's not the version where Mr. Belt's face is clearly a sticker. Kivat Bat looks like a toy, but they sell him well enough during actual action scenes and henshin sequences.

Ghost's belt 100% looks like a plastic toy, at least when it's not doing anything, like in the Drive epilogue, but I'm forgiving it because I am already smitten by the ghost of Ticket (RIP)

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Ghost's belt is also super bulky. Like Fourze Style giant hunk of plastic.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i like big dumb toy looking belts and i dont care who knows it

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I know everyone is talking about Rider, but my favorite "HEY KIDS YOU CAN BUY THIS NOW!!!" moment was Kyoryuger Christmas episode that showed how they were able to field 5 Megazords at once.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Literally The Worst posted:

i like big dumb toy looking belts and i dont care who knows it

to me any belt that you can use to bludgeon someone to death is a good Kamen Rider Belt.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fooley posted:

I know everyone is talking about Rider, but my favorite "HEY KIDS YOU CAN BUY THIS NOW!!!" moment was Kyoryuger Christmas episode that showed how they were able to field 5 Megazords at once.

Too bad that never happened again, because the idea of having a full Sentai team of giant robots is goddamn awesome.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Oh Ticket, why did you ignore those rail crossing signs?

Why don't they look?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fooley posted:

You never saw the one where the Zyurangers cheered a group of kids up with Zyuranger stuffed animals that totally were in stores at the time?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Blaze Dragon posted:

Too bad that never happened again, because the idea of having a full Sentai team of giant robots is goddamn awesome.

kakuranger had those fuckin whats their nuts

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

IIRC Power Rangers called them the Battleborgs.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Go-Onger did something similar near Christmas where the five Megazords did an honest to goodness roll call complete with jumping and posing.

You'll notice these things always happen around Christmas because that's when Sentai wants kids to see how cool all the toys look and can beg their parents to get them before Christmas Day. This has been going on since at least Carranger as an almost yearly occurrence.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There was that one Gokaiger movie where literally all the main robots of the past decades rallied to fight and used their finishing moves.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GET READY TO GHOST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNpHIUIFeEw

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Stay safe Rider Ghost.

Please be good. :pray:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also an interesting thing: The TV-size of this is the first Rider OP in a while to not have any English in it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
fun tune but I was hoping for it to be more hip hop like the belt announcements

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Kakuranger's mecha dont seem to be talked about a lot, but I think they were loving awesome.

Muteki Shogun is still one of the most epic bots in all of sentai-dom :allears:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Acne Rain posted:

fun tune but I was hoping for it to be more hip hop like the belt announcements

Second. It's pretty good, although not Surprise Drive good, but I really hoping for ghost rap. Can't wait to see it all the same.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

NotALizardman posted:

Ghost please be good!!!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
stay fresh hip-hop ghost

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think an important thing to consider with the OP is that we're hearing it out of context. Maybe opinions will change once we've got visuals and context for it. There are some OPs that work better as OPs than listened to on their own.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
no I think that the theme song's images and all that will be a lot of fun especially during the chorus/showing off the henshin part of it, the creators are good at those little mini music videos. I just thought ghost hip hop would be neat.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I didn't like the Gaim theme much until I saw the video along with it, and it was fantastic.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kishidan, motherfuckers!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Haven't seen this mentioned yet...but Imagination Station just dropped 25 episodes and a movie of Rescue Squadron GoGoV back on Thursday, and promise more releases starting next week!

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
Isn't Imagination Station that guy who sucks at subbing but keeps changing his name to try to throw people off his trail as "that guy who can't TL worth poo poo"? Or was that another sub group?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

Isn't Imagination Station that guy who sucks at subbing but keeps changing his name to try to throw people off his trail as "that guy who can't TL worth poo poo"? Or was that another sub group?

I'm like 90% sure it's GekiKnight yes

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

I don't know if he's any particular "that guy" but I haven't had too big of a problem with his subs in the past. A couple typos, not as polished as O-T, but perfectly watchable.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jivjov posted:

I don't know if he's any particular "that guy" but I haven't had too big of a problem with his subs in the past. A couple typos, not as polished as O-T, but perfectly watchable.

Plus he actually has a translator working with him now, I didn't see anything wrong with their Abaranger subs or their sub of ToQger Vs Kyoryuger. I can't speak for his Gekiranger scrubs as I haven't seen them but the stuff they've been putting out lately is perfectly serviceable, though then again I'm not too picky when it comes to subs for the most part and will watch TV-Nihon or even HK Subs if that's the only thing available to me (Hell, I enjoyed Magiranger, Gekiranger and Den-O despite being examples of TV-N at their worst). I've certaintly seen worse efforts in the past.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Oct 4, 2015

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

I'm like 90% sure it's GekiKnight yes

It isn't. I mean, I-S usually is, but this is fantasyleader, who was doing the show for H-S back when that was a going concern, so it's basically just more episodes of exactly that. Hell, it could be entirely the same team, come to think of it.

jivjov posted:

It's tremendously dangerous for you to make posts like this, because even if you're right, you've made your position on sub quality clear enough that it isn't actually an endorsement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Uhh...sorry for having an opinion? (Read: an opinion that doesn't conform to the majority view)

• Locked thread