Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Waffleman_ posted:

Welp.

If you're looking for this week's Kyoryu, go over to the resident Precure subbers.

That is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

drrockso20 posted:

nah the worst part of OOO's is the fight choreography/usage of gimmicks(or rather lack thereof)/everything involving the Pterodactyl Yummies beyond OOO's killing the crap out of them

Speaking of fight choreography.. I just noticed this the other day...

Ever since 555 the lead Rider has had this little thing he did with his right hand every now and then, where he'd give it a little flick or he'd tense it up before he did something. But I think that after Decade this quirk almost completely went away. Have they changed suit actors or something?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Maybe that's what threw me off. Gaim.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I know somewhere I saw concept artwork for Fang Dopant and Joker Dopant... both looked pretty cool.

They were made as a part of the designs for NEVER in the movie that introduced Eternal. There are some interesting elements to them, though I'm a touch surprised that Joker is so asymmetrical, on the other hand the references to Blade are pretty obvious.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Burkion posted:

Joker has a straight up Kamen Rider Black belt. That's fantastic.

It is both a Joker from Blade and Kamen Rider Black. At the same time. Which is grand.

EDIT:

Fang Joker always confused the Hell out of me, really. Both Double and O's had forms that, by all pomp and circumstance, could've been 'final' forms, but turned out to not be. Fang Joker being overshadowed by Extreme and PuToTyra being overshadowed by TaJaDor, which was introduced BEFORE PuToTyra, making it in effect a crossgrade.. except in how it was essential in opening up the last fight as winnable.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 27, 2015

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Stallion Cabana posted:

Is Kamen Rider Kabuto any good? The suit designs seem really nice and sleek looking. Also does it have good subs anywhere.

In Kamen Rider Kabuto you get the second coming of The Ego.

And it's a Beetle again.

And then you get Big Bad Beetle Bros.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Potsticker posted:

Kabuto has amazing suits, great characters and everyone should definitely watch it. Even though personally I hated Tendou's character and thought it ruined the show, there's still a lot of goof stuff that shines through and shouldn't be missed.

I enjoyed Tendou's character mainly because he was basically a tribute band to the original Beetle Rider, Stronger. Who was ALSO the smuggest bastard on the planet.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

WickedHate posted:

I loving love this. :allears: Maybe I can use it to convince a friend who liked the suit design to get into it. This is going to be such a good series.

Oh man, the whole FACE lights up. That's actually kinda neat.

I wonder what kind of sfx they're going to play around with, playing off the idea that he IS a ghost...

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

deadly_pudding posted:

I bet it'll be a hosed up way to go, too. KR has a tendency to prop up certain badguys as like strawman Turbohitlers and then have them die in like the worst possible way, like what happened to Cherries man in Gaim.

I'm guessing "somehow dissolved into the internet while he frantically begs for mercy" or "faustian flip side of immortality as his belt gets lost forever at the bottom of the ocean or some poo poo"

It's been getting more dramatic, I think, post-Decade. Weather's death set a new standard.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The only thing that Double needed, in my opinion, was Nazca completing a transition to full Rider. He ALMOST made it.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

WickedHate posted:

I would love "Kiva, but better".

I think if Wataru had been more like his father from the very start, Kiva would've been a much more solid show. It DOES seem that in his later appearances in the movies, his characterization as being the sort to properly lounge on his vampire lord throne finally stuck.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

drrockso20 posted:

how the hell does that work, does someone else become Nexus or something?

The remainder of the show is finished out by Godzilla wearing an Ultraman suit. :rimshot:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Larryb posted:

Seriously, can we stop using Shocker for these anniversary movies already? It's starting to get old(Though to be fair, they did use Badan from ZX for Kamen Rider Wars but that was just one time). Hell, with the exception of Skyrider which was orginally supposed to be a reboot of the franchise anyway(and breifly in Decade), Shocker stopped being relevant in Kamen Rider after the first series. Give another group some attention next time.

Wasn't the entire point of the Black RX crossover episodes that it's always been Shocker? The whole time?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Okay, that makes sense, more or less.

Maybe the idea is that since everyone knows it's the Great Leader at this point, they're just using the Shocker name as a courtesy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Justin_Brett posted:

I still find it hilarious the guy voiced by Lelouch stays loyal to the main villain the entire show and never betrays him or even considers doing it.

Takaharu makes me appreciate Right and Daigo a lot more, because even though they all have the same basic archetype those two had charm to it that Takaharu just doesn't have at all.

As a point of order, Lelouch was extremely loyal, he was surrounded by treacherous asswaffles.

• Locked thread