Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Isn't that pretty much exactly what the Aesir subs for OOO did?

Yes, minus the honorifics. They never finished OOO, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

He did do separate translations for Fourze after completing work on the week's episode for OT... one was extra graphical and the other was the extra graphics plus additional honorifics and the like.

Uh no. Other than the timing and a couple fonts, the scripts for Aesir and O-T's versions of Fourze were entirely different. Magenta did two versions: a regular version without fancy typesetting, and another version with fancy typesetting, neither of them had honorifics. He was also not involved in the translation of O-T's Fourze at all.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Cliff Racer posted:

Actually if it takes six hours for Azrael to go to bed and wake up, well thats about when I go to work to, so I powered through the HD and just dealt with it for the jaggedy fight scenes. Loved their interpretation of last season's climax and the last minute is an amazing hook to keep you watching for next week.

Az could've slept 15 hours if he wanted and it wouldn't have mattered, because he's not involved in Akiba at all :ssh:

The SD's up anyways. There's also this JP guy in the comment thread who always posts 720p hardsubs of our stuff, if that interests you.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

HKR posted:

I think MegaAnon is doing QC work for GUIS but is primarily working with MillionFoldCuriosity doing Goseiger and eventually Megaranger.

MegaAnon's QC on O-T's Kyolug, too.

Ryuganon was actually Kilowog of MCS, but he gave up on scrubbing Blade and Ryuki really early on. He's primarily working for KITsubs now.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

toomanyninjas posted:

I poked around OT's site yesterday seeing if I could find a mention, but I guess they're still recovering from the Spring From Hell and aren't eager to start doing another series. OT guy, please prove me wrong.

Not the same OT guy you were thinking of, but I wrote this for you.

Re: Time, it's been timed since forever, and it only just finished being translated. The only things that are left to be translated are the silly recap and the VS. 14 is mostly on the way out, while 15-16 are on the encoding pipeline. The rest is at editing.

I think Shinken's stuck at editing, so we're more likely to release Deka and Time in the meantime.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

HKR posted:

Also if you want to appreciate the work AzraelNewtype puts into making the the these shows look good, watch Bima-Anon's sub of Bima Satria Garuda and lose your lunch every time there's scrolling text across the screen.

They (and the other youtube groups working on it) can't really help it - apparently nobody in Indonesia has the required instruments to cap tv shows with decent quality, since those are literally the only raws available.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The asian drama subber scene tends to be incredibly paranoid and crazy about piracy, and the ownership of subtitles derived from said piracy. The hivemind mentality is that resharing subtitles is offensive unless you ask for permission, streaming subs is a sin because it'll make more people aware of what they're doing (or help streamers profit with ad rewards), and if more people's aware of what they're doing then an asian company will sue their pants off. The latter has literally never happened, and the closest thing to it was a couple C&Ds to a popular asian media tracker. :v:

The most paranoid bunch dwells within Livejournal, which lets them lock their subs to make sure no mean icky people steal their subs to stream or claim them as their own - and also to make sure a company won't sue them over subtitling the latest obscure drama featuring a cute guy they saw on a magazine.

Here's an unlocked sub for Kamen Teacher episode 1. I haven't watched it so I can't vouch for the quality, though.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm saying either give literally one example why it's poo poo or just put it in the loving OP instead of pretending it doesn't exist because it's so awful but at the same time asking for a single specific example that showcases its failings is apparently nothing short of entitled goony goon goon whining.

One single specific example, coming up.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Darksaber posted:

I may have missed it or this might be common knowledge, but apparently Gaim is directed by the guy who did Akibaranger in addition to having Urobochi writing for it. Add that to the images and the plot that's been revealed? gently caress it. I'm all in just like everyone else is.

It's worth noting that the guy who directed Akibaranger has also been directing Kamen Rider for almost an entire decade, so it's unlikely that his presence would make things particularly different.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

toomanyninjas posted:

Source of rumor?

Not a rumor, it's on the official website (the pic with the 9 Kyoryuger).

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

So the batch torrent of W 30-49 is terribly seeded and is gonna take about a day. Should I buck up or download the episodes individually from KRDL, which is still a bit slow?

There's 10 seeds in it right now, but I've just started seeding it from our seedbox anyways. If you're in a hurry you can grab them off KRDL or the IRC bot.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

quote:

Kamen Rider & "Cool Japan:" Toei starts U.S. pay channel

http://www.asahi.com/culture/update/0907/TKY201309060527.html
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130907-00000007-asahi-ent

Toei, known for such hit movies and series such as "Kamen Rider" and "Gokudou no Onna-tachi," began a pay channel in the U.S. this month. They hope to draw attention from "Cool Japan" cartoons and comics, as well as tokusatsu hero and yakusa works.

Known as the "Toei Japan Channel," it will broadcast television programs and movies made Toei via the Internet (IPTV).

At first, the target audience is the approximately four hundred thousand Japanese people in the United States, and after one year Toei plans to add English subtitles. Once their character and hero shows have taken a foothold, they expect to advance into the American market with various movies and television programming.

This time especially they would like to promote the suited heroes that fight evil that have become a part of Japanese culture. Toei is known for the "Kamen Rider" series, which first went on the air in 1971, and the "Super Sentai" series, which began with "Himitsu Sentai Goranger" in 1975 and have continued since. Yasuhiko Nakashima of Toei's International Sales division said, "Because of the current interest in 'Cool Japan' we saw an opportunity to show off our tokusatsu hero shows. In the future we'd like even provide the series almost as they air in Japan."

That is drat cool.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

New Garo spinoff (6 episodes tv show) starring Zero. Amemiya's on board and so is Ray Fujita. :hellyeah:

Ignis fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 13, 2013

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Welp. The MyGlobeTV platform is closing up, so no more Toei Channel or Fishing Vision in there. That's some luck. It's not been formally announced by Globecast as far as I can tell, though.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Darksaber posted:

EDIT: Also, what's the Dekaranger reference? I never watched it.

The "It's an Emergency!" line, the pose she takes when she says it, and the siren playing in the background (the same from Dekaranger). It wasn't on the captions, so she could've adlibbed the line.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

After V 03 is out and TQG 09 is soon to follow.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

So if you haven't watched this week's episode of Garo, make sure to do so right now. :getin: This ep was directed by Yudai Yamaguchi, the director for the Cromartie Live Action movie, who's very familiar with the Horror genre. Also watch out for a special cameo of Keita Amemiya, creator of Garo.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Burkion posted:

I wonder if Kit would pick it up.

Don't count on it.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was thinking of waiting until the DC

100 Years won't have a DC (none of the Returns V-Cinemas do).

For that matter, Kyoryuger's summer movie didn't have a DC either, if memory serves. Go-Busters has been an exception so far.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

RBX posted:

Guess theyre letting Aesir do it so they can have more time to work on their other shows.

Our translator wasn't interested in doing the movie, simple as that. If you want to read in excruciating detail what he thought of the latest Yonemura blockbuster, he liveblogged the whole thing.

As for Aesir, this is what Magenta had to say about the movie.

gently caress Kamen Rider forever, gently caress it all :unsmigghh:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Lobsterman posted:

So I know this is something wrong on my end and not Over-Time's, but I can't figure out what it is. Suddenly all of OT and Aesir's toku releases (I can watch the Nozaki special just fine) are green, triple imaged, and take up only the top half of the screen. I was able to watch them as late as last week but now even stuff that was working fine before looks like that. I've tried reinstalling CCCP but it did no good.

Did you recently update your nvidia video drivers? They're causing a bug with CCCP, hence the problem. Try updating to the latest CCCP beta, that should fix it.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

goddammit ignis why didn't you tell me this last time people were complaining about it :negative:

I just picked it up from Gust! Blame him for not telling you!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Oho, planning to take the Stronger/skyrider release schedule then?

Good lord no :gonk: All we're doing is yell at the old fart Jeeg to make him finish the last two episodes of Stronger. I assure you that, at the very least, we'll make sure to remind Jeeg often about this. And maybe hell will freeze over someday.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Japanese reporter Kenji Goto's death prompted a bunch of news reports about it, which pre-empted some morning shows this sunday including TQG. Nothing else has been said about when this episode's going to air, although rumor goest a show's getting pre-empted on monday to air TQG.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

They've bumped everything off a week

Yay they didn't pull a Decade on poor TQG :buddy:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Some people are really mean. :eng99:

Thanks, April 1st?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

And if Lionmaru wasn't enough already :argh:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The wait was because the translator's in the middle of an urgent commission, so he had to juggle his freelance work alongside the three weeklies, being the stubborn man that he is :colbert: Nin2 was translated last, and unfortunately the rest of Team Nin2 is busy on weekdays, so we had to wait for people to be available.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Kanpai Senshi After V is getting another season sometime this year.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Dexie posted:

Toei, I'm begging you. Keep it up and give us a Magiranger special next year.

MagiBlue, MagiShine and MagiMom have all retired from acting though (very much like AbaYellow) so that's highly unlikely. At most you might get MagiYellow doing a cameo to teach AoNinger some magic tricks, if ever.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Figured this might be more interesting to the folk here than the few peeps reading the Anigaro thread. Yukijiro Hotaru (Gonza in Garo, also detective Osako in Gamera 1-3) has been announced as a guest for this year's G-Fest.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

I haven't watched the most recent couple of episodes, but OT might be using the singular "they" because they're unsure of the gender of the character or if the character (being a demon of sorts) even has a gender.

Ding ding ding :thumbsup:

I don't think I've seen people mention it, but someone started subbing Winspector. Two robots and a dude in power armor battle everyday crime in an 80s-as-gently caress setting. Give it a try, if that tickles you fancy!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The Kanpai Senshi After V staff wants to crowdfund a season 3 and a movie. It was announced today, and they already have 700k yen as of this writing. Here's hoping they make it!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Supposedly this Autumn. They've been announcing reruns to begin this month, so I'd wager they'd start with the new season sometime in October.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Ultraman X is getting simulcasted by Crunchyroll, starting tomorrow. And that's the second english-language toku simulcast we get this year! :toot:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Ultra Fight Victory, it's streaming on Tsuburaya's official youtube channel with english subtitles. The first episodes were a bit dodgy translation-wise, but later episodes read better imo

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Trailer for Shin * Kanpai Senshi After V, coming out in October this year.

Getting pumped up for more Yuseless antics :allears:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

Decade was a bad series but be fair, Masahiro Inoue is so drat good, his presence would basically improve any modern toku series.

This is all you need to know about Goldstorm, really.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

More Ghost casting news and footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GFtlHFDSZs

We're also getting Shimamoto Kazuhiko to do monster designs this year. :syoon:

edit: replaced the video with a clearer one

Ignis fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

When the show is actually over, because there's still an episode left next week. :ssh:

• Locked thread