Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I guess they've really got it in gear, huh?

Drive is still good, Tomari hitting the nail on the head with the Drive Driver's origin was pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Larryb posted:

I just watched episode 0 and since I doubt it's a coincidence that Toei would give them both the same actor it looks like Chase being Proto-Drive is basically confirmed. I'm also betting that Proto-Drive is going to be making a return later on either by Chase reclaiming the powers or Tomari getting a new form that makes him look like Proto-Drive.

I think it's more likely that Proto-Drive is dead as hell and Chase copied him, the same way Volt copied that author. Volt demonstrated that the Roidmudes inherit a little bit of the person they copy, with the whole "wanting to finish the story" thing. Plus, Chase is either a prototype or defective, so he might have copied more of Proto's personality than Volt did with his host.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Drive spoilers:

I guess you were right about Chase, Blaze Dragon. I guess my theory was a little far-fetched, but I was caught up by Mr. Belt saying Proto-Drive was dead. Robots can't die. :downs: Plus I figured that Krim would have been sure if the dude wearing him was dead.

I really like Drive so far though. Gou's the best.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

I think Deadheat looks pretty great in motion. That fight with Heart with the lightning and poo poo was really neat. I hope him and Heart have another show down where they're more evenly matched and it's kind of a back and forth fight with lightning spewing everywhere.

Yeah. Like someone mentioned before, the tire blowout was pretty cool too.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah that's cool as hell. I'd buy a figuart of him!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

God drat it, I like Drive more every passing episode. I also love Gou more and more every time he shows up.

"That's because my bike isn't here! :smug:"

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

This week's Drive was a very sad episode about a roidmude who gets mad about anime.

It was extremely Good.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

DiscoJ posted:

That happening occasionally is better than it just not being used at all. It could be a counterpoint/mirror of medic (since he can apparently directly reprogram stuff, right?)

Now that you point it out, it'd be pretty neat if that's how Chase gets fixed.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I just wanna know if Gou's gonna be okay. :(

Same. :ohdear:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

It's not even like "oh this is a good sentai game" like I figured it would be, it is legitimately a great game. I've lost track of time playing it multiple times today.

So glad I preordered. Wish I'd known about it when the kickstarter was going though.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

it's my favorite time of the pre-rider reveal period, "lovely notebook drawings from people who have seen the costume"

i guess those are both fakes, just some japanese dude doodling some poo poo

https://twitter.com/ryaid11/status/612980950083829760

here's hoping for some big rear end scary ghost face on the chest though

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Larryb posted:

Here's our first look at Kamen Rider Ghost:

http://i.imgur.com/ipd1xzO.jpg

Also, unlike the last 2 Rider shows it has been confirmed that Ghost will be making a cameo in Drive's summer movie.

:swoon:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

SHIN Tokusatsu Thread: Please, Ghost, Be Good

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

The hype is real

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150730-00000286-sph-ent

Yahoo Japan article on Ghost.

According to a tumblr:

quote:

The article states that Ghost will be officially unveiled on the 31st.

With a unique, never-before-seen ghost/haunted theme, Kamen Rider Ghost will premiere on October 4th. Themes such as “the secret to becoming a hero” and “accepting the feelings of great men” will also be present in the series.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Chase is gonna get hugged by Gou or Kiriko and immediately go super saiyan.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I dunno guys. I like Heart too, but Chase has been pretty incredible these last few episodes.

"Please start the engine."

"Child's play. I know all of the regulations." :smug:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Haha 006 getting wrecked before he could reveal his true form was incredible.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Ghost please be good!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

NotALizardman posted:

Ghost please be good!!!

• Locked thread