Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is that real? That game also used 'nakama' and provided a translation. There's no way the choice of those two words wasn't intentional. Funny, though.

I used to be in a camp similar to TVNs, though I never watched them except when they were the only option, like for Decade and a few episodes of Gokaiger before I'd become O-T loyal and would take whatever subs I could find. (Including super-literal GUIS.) I liked honorifics and leaving some Japanese words untranslated for 'cool factor.' But now I understand and appreciate what O-T does, their scripts sound like real dialogue, the kind of stuff you could adapt for a dub and people would understand it and believe it, as opposed to it being obviously someone's translation of another language.

A big offender for the latter is Bleach's dub, for example. That script reads like a TVN sub, with words like Zanpakuto and Reiatsu left untranslated for no reason beyond, I assume, lip flaps.

The game was translated by the same people who did the new Fire Emblem game, which apparently had this.

VV EDIT: Yeah I can't read at all, nevermind.

Fooley fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

AgentHaiTo posted:

So we went to Eiga Mura when we were in Japan last week. My 4 year old absolutely loved it and his grandparents went a bit crazy and got him the entire Kyoryuger robot set. Shinkenger is his favorite series though, but he does love the little samba music that Gabbatyra plays.

Besides the sentai stuff, there was a great samurai show, and the movie set town was fun.

That's the cutest god drat thing :3:. I'm going to catch up on Kyoryuger before I check out older series, but I'm pretty sure it makes me feel the same way I did when MMPR came out.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Perigryn posted:

There will be an episode of Kyouryuger which shows us how the other 4 tamed their respective partners. I think this is the only one that matters:

NOSSAN! :swoon:

I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't dadjoke it into submission at one point.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Daler Mehndi posted:

Kyoryu Gold. :allears: Out of suit, he was just about the opposite of what I expected, and I'm loving it.

That episode probably had my favorite Nossan moment yet. God I love that goofball.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

RBX posted:

That's real?

I would imagine so. Red and Green show up this week. As in MMPR. Someone posted a preview shot a page or two back.

EDIT: Unless you meant accurate then yeah, looks like TVN.

Fooley fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Apr 30, 2013

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Is there something I can search Youtube or Nico for to find awkward videos from older fans doing the Kyoryuger dance? I imagine they're only going to show the ones from kids.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Kyoryuger continues to be an absolute joy to watch.

Edit: gently caress me, KyoryuGold's theme is goddamn amazing.

I didn't think Ian and Utchy as cliche punks could get any better bet then King and Nossan went and topped them.

I mean drat (joke spoiler) http://i.imgur.com/TuLUY25.png

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Fred is on posted:

Hey, here's a link to the actual thing.

I do. :allears:

And here's a link to Onore TV-Nihon while I'm there.

A week or two ago they were posting caps of Nobuharu's jokes on Kyoryuger, and it REALLY made me appreciate the extra effort OT puts in to rewrite them.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What am I looking at here?

I'm going by Chrome translation but it seems like some Japanese SCA type thing doing the Kyoryu dance?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

The Blackest Goon posted:

what the gently caress is up with the comments around this pic?

I don't know anything about Kamen Rider but I'm going to go ahead and blame the guy in the last pic there...

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Potsticker posted:

As much as I really thought it wouldn't, at the end of the day Gaim's suits and terrible belt do bug me enough to effect enjoyment of the show. Micchy and Kaito are pretty great, and Kouta has some great expressions/reactions to things and though I still think the first couple episodes were a little weak, overall it has a decent plot and likable characters.

Double especially I went into with reservations about the costume, (mostly the fact that two people become one rider) but Double's belt is amazing. Even though I hated for dragging myself through Kabuto, the awesome suits and belt helped.

In the end, Gaim isn't the worst Rider I've seen, but it's sure hard to get excited week to week about it.

I'm enjoying it, but I'm still catching up and I'm on episode 7. Have they revealed a main "villain" yet, or is it still stuck on the rivalries between the Beat Riders with random dudes like Bravo thrown in? I mean its obviously something with Yggdrasil but I'm just confused if the focus is going to shift to that, or stick to Pokemon Danceoffs.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Man when people were throwing around things like "Stand clear of the transforming heroes, please" I didn't think that would actually be in the show. I'm hype.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

That credit sequence made up for any shortcomings I thought there might have been. Dantetsu and Ramirez...hell, everyone :3:

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I think what bugs me about it (the toys I've seen anyway) is how the lack of knees and elbows make it look stiff as hell.

EDIT: The train boner in the preview frame is rad as hell though.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

So someone calling themselves the "[Imagination Station]" released ToQger.

So the color switching seems to mostly be Right loving around which sprouts one of the team's combat gimmicks. It's like an in-team Gokai Change.

Pink going "I think I can, I think I can" (good translation choice) and turning into SuperKagura is adorable.

The translation has the Ticket the team "may as well be dead" which means there really is a grim undertone to the whole rainbow trains series.

The design for the villains is fantastic. A cohesive theme, an interesting cast in and of themselves. I want to see what they can all do.

After Kyoryuger's ED cavalcade of children dancing, the new ED gimmick is essentially this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_I0EGhcB4

One question: What is TJG supposed to stand for?

Man I'm so glad somebody banged this out. And I really hope he hooks up with OT because like you said, that choice for Pink's line was a great idea. I was grinning like an idiot the same way when I first got into Kyoryuger, so I'm on board the hype train. I think I missed TJG. Are you sure its not how they have the T overlapping the Q?

How often are figures made of villains? I'd love to get at least a Crow.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

How often do they make villain figures because I want all of the bad guys, or at least a Crow figure.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Not to get too deep into my standards for sexy robot ladies, but the lips on the helmet are probably the creepy part.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

ToQ6's mecha leaked:

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

That explains the train dong...

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

jivjov posted:

Is there any way on god's green earth that this can be reduced to avatar size?

Best I could manage, I'm not much of a gif person either.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I still don't know how they're going to make it "practical", but I like how it seems whoever has a moment in the episode is going to be the focus of swapping trains. Right and Kagura last week, then Tokachi and Mio this week.

Really excited though that they hinted at The Shadow Line train turning into a mech eventually. At least that's how I took it. I also thought it was cool the Crow's got generic badguy mechs..

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Apollove posted:

Guys drop everything. I'm incredibly slow and just saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGj7KNys4GQ It looks loving amazing.

Oh man I missed backing this and completely forgot the name. Did it ever reach the stretch goal to have Kamen Rider style missions?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Pyronic posted:

Im just finishing up(ep43) W now as my 2nd ever full Rider series watched (Wizard being the only other one i've finished) and I've really enjoyed everything about this series except one thing

gently caress AKIKO.

I was going to ask this since I've been getting into W...Does she ever tone it down or is it all sandal slappin all the time?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Rei_ posted:

The TOQger crossover is great because the expressions on everyones faces match up with my own as I'm watching it.

Pretty much me. I haven't gotten around to any Vs movies yet but I'm loving seeing everything mashed together. Are they usually people from the Rider side not knowing what to make of the Sentai? The scene where Takatora says a giant robot is ridiculous was such an obvious joke but I still laughed.

Fooley fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 31, 2014

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Good lord. Maybe they'll spread the support cars between the two main mechs so its slightly less of a clusterfuck?

EDIT: I mean, regular ToqOh grew on me, and with Diesel as the base the proportions are a little more normal, but everything together...oy.

Fooley fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 22, 2014

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Its on "low stock", but AkibaRed waifu armor is only $5 on hlj: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN981578

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Its no KyoryuSamba, but...I don't know, man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Pfst6MUj8

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak26ohx1Y8

No joke, this would get me to watch Doctor Who again...

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

100 Years After was excellent and whoever watched the raws were right, Uppy definitely stole the show. One thing I noticed though, for all the usual toku effects to they just slap on fake hair and call it a day? General Tsuu's in Akibaranger got pretty bad sometimes, but in this Future Souji was REALLY bad.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

I watched a J-Drama featuring Micchy from Gaim and Phillip from W as two High School bullies and I couldn't stop laughing at those two goofy nerds somehow holding the school ransom multiple times.

This is something I need to see, name? I haven't watched a jdrama without karate bugmen since loving Densha.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Will definitely buy the figuart. But whether or not the series is any good, well, we'll have to wait and see.

Tokusatsu Thread: I'll buy the figure, but the show? Ehh...

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

So uh, that ending to the recent ToQger episode was pretty unexpected. :stare:

Can't wait to see Noire get her comeuppance.

I'm still surprised how much I care more for the Shadow Line crew than the ToQgers themselves. I know there's the whole insomnia thing, but they really haven't done much with them besides flashbacks. Zed's shadow form is rad as hell too.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

FortMax posted:

Imagination Station IS Gekiknight.

I'm still inexperienced with SUB DRAMA except for TVN. What's Gekiknight's crime, exactly?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

Stop using henshin as a noun you fuckin nerdso-baka-chan-tachi.

Honestly, and maybe its just me, "henshin" doesn't bother me when English speakers use it.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Ladies and gentlemen. Kamen Rider Drive.

I think I like it. I like that the shoulder pads have sort of a bike/car look to it. Not sure about the toy gimmick options or whatever you want to call them though. Translucent plastic is eh to me.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

And the Drive Driver/Tridoron/Mr. Belt will be played by Christopher Peppler, aka Gus from Crazy Taxi

loving sold.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

I can dream...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

Newest Drive is subbed.

I enjoyed that Font-R was a FRont for smuggling explosives.

I only recognize them from the 24-hour Lemmings episode of GCCX, but I just realized the bad guys for this episode are Yasuda Dai Circus.

• Locked thread