Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

het posted:

I just feel bad for all these professional DJs getting duped by Obviously Fake Pharrell! How humiliating!

If only his accent didn't sound so different, no one would have been fooled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I can't wait for this album. I hope everyone in this thread that missed their tour last time can go whenever they announce dates. Seeing Daft Punk live is worth it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I think a lot of people who don't like this album didn't read much about it beforehand.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

thathonkey posted:

Could you elaborate? Were there a lot of interviews along the lines of "hey, we are trying to make our most unsubstantial album to date. We hope you'll think so too." ?

A lot of what I read leading up to the album described it as not sounding like Daft Punk's other albums. I think sounding different than Daft Punk's other albums will turn off some people. (I'm not saying this is the only reason that some people dislike it.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

het posted:

Hahaha I saw this before editing, you seriously went out of your way to go back and add "Sorry Dad"?

Luckily he had time to edit since it's not the weekend.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

I feel like people who say "DP shouldn't have to make the same thing over and over" are really missing the point of a lot of the complaints. The problem is that Daft Punk never really does the same thing over and over, and a bunch of people were hyped on the idea of them returning to a style that worked ridiculously well (Discovery), and expanding it on it with live instrumentation and original compositions.

It feels like sometimes people are implying that Daft Punk has released multiple samey albums over the past 2 decades and that RAM is a sudden, welcome breath of fresh air. That's not really true.

Where did anyone read this album was going to be a return to the style of Discovery? Literally everything I read said it wasn't going to sound like old Daft Punk albums. If I get hyped for something I tend to read about that subject.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Not sure if anyone has heard of Brassft Punk, but they're a brass band hailing from my hometown of New Orleans started by this guy named Earl Scioneaux that exclusively does covers of Daft Punk songs. They have 4 songs up on SoundCloud now: Harder Better Faster Stronger, Around The World, Da Funk and One More Time.

Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/iamjasonalexander-1

Really very cool, especially if you like jazz. These just scream New Orleans but while also remaining true to the originals and putting a pretty neat spin on them.

Also, they had a Kickstarter to cover Get Lucky with a $2,000 goal and that goal has already been exceeded by almost $1,200, so that'll definitely be happening. It's going to be available to download in June.

When did they form? I can't believe I never heard of them when I lived in NOLA. I think I may have to give to their kickstarter.

Little Mac posted:

why can't i download these these are awesome?

exactly what I was thinking.

edit: listening to these covers makes me miss NOLA so much. Everyone in this thread that hasn't been there should consider going one day.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 19, 2013

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Feenix posted:

Here you go! For all those fans of tge 8-BIT R.A.M. Medley.

(I like this way more than I like the actual album!)

Get Lucky - http://audiko.net/ringtone/8+Bit+Daft+Punk/Get+Lucky+8-Bit?ring=26727425

Giorgio - http://audiko.net/ringtone/8+Bit+Daft+Punk/Giorgio+8-Bit?ring=26727770 (<--- this one is a stellar ring tone!)

Game of Love - http://audiko.net/ringtone/8+Bit+Daft+Punk/Game+of+Love+8-Bit?ring=26727786

I've need a new ringtone for a while, thank you.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

They need to go on tour again. That was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

thathonkey posted:

Yeah a couple artists' instagrams have posted all blue pics today too. Lol at that business plan for lossless streaming :negative:

The avg music listener gives 0 fucks about stream/music quality and jayz should understand this better than anyone since people still buy his albums

I feel bad for the people that will use that service and just play the music through laptop speakers.

• Locked thread