Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Wife and I picked up our APs yesterday when we took her mom to EPCOT for F&W. Her mom is 73 and it was her first time going to a Disney park; she said she felt like she was six years old! She was a trooper though, lasted until 8 even in that heat and humidity.

Quick question: I had a MDE account that I used to manage previous trips. My wife signed up for her own account when we got our APs, but now it seems there's some confusion with the system. I sent her an invite through the Family and Friends list page but it keeps giving her an error. Do I need to remove her from our current reservation (we were staying at POR for marathon weekend, but now that we live here we aren't sure we will keep it; we will definitely drop the tickets portion and will likely reduce the number of nights) in order for it to work?

Also, where do I get some sweet AP pins/buttons so everyone knows we are awesome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Took my wife and her mom to Typhoon Lagoon for the first time. Lots of fun was had on Miss Adventure Falls and the three Crush'n Gusher slides.

Then we went to the Poly to have a drink at Trader Sam's. Except they wouldn't let us in the parking lot. Is it hit or miss if they let you in? What if you had a reservation at a fancy place? Would they still tell you to go park at the MK lot and ride the monorail?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Question about Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: do you need a regular park admission ticket in addition to the extra event ticket? Or do you just need the event ticket and can't get in to MK until 4PM or whenever? Wife and I are APs, but her mom is in town (and my mom will be in December) and we want to take her. Just trying to figure out if we need to buy a regular admission ticket plus the event tickets.

Also, question for other APs: how do you handle out of town visitors who want to come with you? Do you set up an entry for them in your MDE, buy the ticket in their name and set up their FPs?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

FINALLY! Snagged two fastpasses for Flights of Passage for today, so impromptu trip to AK for a bit

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

My wife bought me tickets to Star Wars Galactic Nights in December for my birthday. Anyone go in April? Thoughts?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Heading to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tonight, super pumped!

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

So I told y'all that my wife got us tickets to Star Wars Galactic Nights for my birthday. What I DIDN'T know was she also got us costumes: I'm going as evil Anakin, she's going as Amidala. This.....should be interesting

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Lots of info on Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge for those interested: https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...to-disney-world

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

How much more crowded can the Skyliner make the International Gateway, given only six people can fit on a single gondola?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

PurpleButterfly posted:

Sure, and yes, it might be. My very first visit to WDW was when I was 14. This was before consumer digital cameras or smartphones, so I took with me two manual Kodak FunSaver film cameras. I've kept the resulting prints all these years, and before last year's trip, I put them all into a photo album, which I hauled with me in a bag all day. I referred to it and did my best to recreate every shot that 14-year-old me took, intending to put the new shots into the album under the old ones and make a photo essay. (I really should go back and finish that project now that the subject has come up.)

So yes, finding old vacation photos and recreating them can add a fun challenge to your trip.

Holy crap that is awesome. Any chance you could share an example?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Price increases dropped yesterday. Parking going from $20 to $22 has to be annoying, especially for cash payments.

FL resident PP AP's went up $60, ouch!

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

At MK and it’s stupid crowded. Haunted Mansion broke down right before we got on, Peoplemover broke down and people had to walk on the tracks, Space is down, no Pirates and lots and lots of angry people. One lady was yelling bloody murder at a woman who bumped into her ankle with the stroller. Couldn’t even move around Small World the lines were backed up and blocking th path

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Bottom Liner posted:

Sure, but is that because he beat you over the head with it until you said "I'm sorry"? :lol:

Thinking of doing Trader Sams for my birthday next Saturday, anyone around and want to have a meetup?

Can be talked into Trader Sams

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

A full accounting of rides that closed down yesterday: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Peoplemover, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise. And Pirates is closed for scene changes. That’s a lot of people on fewer rides. We were given a paper fastpass by our waitress at Skipper Canteen and we used it at Jungle Cruise, tooo us 30 minutes

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Managed to get a FP+ for Alien Swirling Saucers for the weekend after opening. Wish it was Slinky Dog Dash, but I'll take what I can get

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Anya posted:

I've got enough credit cards, and the cost isn't an issue for me, but yeah - I need to just get pre-check.

What is the whole thing with Alien Swirling Saucers? I've not been to DL, so I've not ridden the Junkyard Jamboree, but all critics say this is similar - is it a scrambler style ride?

And why would you create a ride abbreviated rear end? Come on Imagineers.

I believe so, but a fairly tame one since it's an all-ages ride.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Quixotic1 posted:

Looks like Disney visits are back on the menu boys, AP are unblocked for June and passholders will get a chance to register and visit toystoryland first.

My email said APs can get access to visit in September, not to visit first

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RA1tcdhotgW67jq86

This is my 73 year old mother-in-law, who had never been to Disney World and doesn't speak any English. Just look at her face when Mickey started talking to her!

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Cais posted:

The land is HOT. There is basically no shade and it’s all outdoors. Including the new toy story queue apparently.

Well that sounds lovely...

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Sure hope there's a FP line

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Wife and I hit up TSL yesterday evening to check it out. We had FPs for Alien Swirling Saucers at 7PM, just in time for the rains and lightning to begin at 6:30. When it seemed like the rain was about done, we walked in, did rear end, then tried to wait for Slinky but they had closed it down. The area is super cute, lots of little details, and I thought rear end was better than I expected given the reviews. There's way more whip than I was expecting. Not something I'd wait a long time for, but definitely doable.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

J33uk posted:

Well poo poo. Got the Annual Passholder Toy Story Land September exclusive playtime invite. After waiting five minutes for everything to load all the slots are now sold out. Awesome.

I got a 7AM slot on a Friday for my wife and I. Guess that'll be a WFH day.

I never saw the yeti in A mode, so I'm kind of excited to see it as originally intended. My wife will be sad though, as she loves Everest and it'll probably be down for awhile.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Braksgirl posted:

Silly Burrito and I arrive on Sept 6, doing VIPassholder night at Epcot that night, Halloween party on the 9th and go home on the 10th.

Sup VIPassholder night on the 6th! Wife and I will be there. Then the following week we have our Toy Story Passholder day

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Yesterday, my wife and I did it. All four parks in one day. Started at the Toy Story Land passholder event, got to ride Slinky four times, plus Aliens and some photos. Then we hit up AK for Kilimanjaro Safari and Everest. We parked back at Epcot but took the monorail to Magic Kingdom and did Buzz Lightyear and Carousel. Back to Epcot for some F&W fun, then home. Exhausting day, especially with the heat, but so much fun.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

They had a blog post about it, stating that a) historically they have underestimated these early months, and b) last year Disney started fewer people in the parks, causing long lines as capacity was reduced

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Anya posted:

Len Testa did an interview with someone’s podcast in late spring/early summer about it. He couldn’t figure out why lines were so bad, so he had people standing and counting capacity and realized that staffing had dropped because per hour throughput was crashing hard. It was a really interesting discussion- contemplating labor cuts to increase wait times for money saving because of all construction going on.

For a place making money hand over fist, you still kinda wanna shake the powers the be and get them to stop doing that kind of nonsense.

It's even worse because when you manufacture longer wait times, people are in line and not spending money. When they're utilizing all the ride capacity and lines are still long, it generally means more total people are in the parks, so those not in line are buying Mickey ears and churros and poo poo.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Zero One posted:

Mizner's is expanding. It's gotten busier over the years as more locals discover it so this is a good thing.

Love me some Mizners. Wanted to stop in for a drink this weekend but looks like that's out

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

There's really different types of meltdowns in the parks.

First, you've got the parents. They can melt down because mom wants dad to do something and dad doesn't want to, and they start bickering or yelling at each other. They can melt down because little Jimmy or Susy are the MOST important people in the entire park, and anyone who ever gets in front of them in a line is personally responsible for ruining their kid's trip. And then they can melt down because they're basically children themselves.

Kids melt down generally because they're overwhelmed by the spectacle of everything, the heat, or for being exhausted (usually the fault of the parents wanting The Perfect Trip).

My favorite was when I was waiting for some family to get off Big Thunder. An older Indian woman was pushing a stroller and accidentally bumped into a very large woman. Now, I'm no stroller apologist; I think a solid portion of people use them as battering rams in the parks, and you should need lessons and a license before being allowed to operate one. But you would think the larger woman was being run over repeatedly by a Mack truck the way she was screaming at the top of her lungs. Not in pain, but in anger at the other woman. The older woman was apologizing profusely; the larger woman was yelling "You loving idiot! Gosh! You broke the skin! I'm loving bleeding over here!" (note: she was not bleeding)

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Where would the Disney-based station go?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Rumors were that the people who run Splitsville will take over and rebrand Bongos as a tex-mex place.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

I still say MGM and will do so until the day I die.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Bottom Liner posted:

We’re doing the cast preview of Star Wars on the 13th! Hyyyype

We're still waiting for AP registration to open up. They announced it June 17th, people are going nuts waiting

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

AP previews just announced for 8/17-8/21. Pretty short, so going to be tough to get a slot (CM previews are for two full weeks).

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Managed to grab an AP preview spot for the 18th, doing Smuggler’s Run and Ova’s Cantina. Super pumped!

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Just got the SWagE. The wait for Millenium Falcon is 120 minutes. Our reservation time at Oga’s is 3:25 and there’s an hour wait to even check in. People are pissed

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Orange County schools went back in session last Monday, so at least during the week it's not locals crowding up the place. Yesterday at MK most of the big rides had waits between 75-135 minutes, but we were able to knock out 11 rides between rope drop and 4PM.

Disney is always crowded, but there's a difference between crowded and loving Crowded.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

All I want is an answer to WHERE DID THE OTHER DAUGHTER GO?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

The storm was crazy and scared the poo poo out of me. I lost power about 7:10 or so, still hasn’t been back on. I live right around the corner from the MK

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Hit up Food & Wine fest yesterday for a bit. Pretty low crowds, did a lap and rarely had a wait for any of the kiosks. We hit up Africa (Kenyan beef tenderloin), Italy (ravioli carbonara), Brazil (pao) and the chocolate kiosk (liquid nitrogen truffle). Four down, 36 more to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

My decision to avoid the monorail at all costs keeps sounding better and better...