Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

So is it just completely impossible to get reservations to Be Our Guest unless you are doing it 180 days in advance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

It's really cruel to have the new mine ride running for cast only. :smith: It sounds like a lot of fun.

Too bad we are leaving the day before it's opens :(

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

demonR6 posted:

Splash Mountain down, fast pass out the window. Apparently this is the 4th time today.

Yeah, I was next in line when it went down too. Better than being stuck on the ride waiting to be evacuated I suppose

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

demonR6 posted:

Mansion broke down now wtf Disney?!

I'm in line for Buzz Lightyear so it should be breaking down any time now

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

demonR6 posted:

Pirates was our next FP.. Guess what is temporarily down, we just checked the app.

Update: people fled in droves.. Ride is back up. Front of line bonus. Updates to follow. G/L with Buzz. Don't break it, we are there next.

Also did you see the Sasquatch wearing the Cinderella costume?

We saw a very large guy in a princess dress at Ohana earlier, might be the same guy

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

And now Buzz is down while I'm on it...

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

demonR6 posted:

Rack up points!

Was until it went all the down and reset the scores :negative:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

demonR6 posted:

Impromptu Goon meet!?

I'm in the middle of shoveling a chili cheese dog and order of cheese fries down my throat at 3 AM.. this can only end well.

Actually on our way to the bus... our flight is in a few hours and we haven't packed yet. Gonna be a long day

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The poutine from Le Cellier was probably my favorite single food of my trip a couple weeks ago

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

My understanding is that the dining plan is not an option if you are staying at Shades of Green

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It's available but it's like trying to get dinner reservations to Be Our Guest.

When I was working on booking my trip at the end of May I started writing a script that would check every five minutes to see if reservations were available for BoG on a certain day and text me if it was. I ended up getting a reservation for the day I was looking for about halfway through though. I should finish it and make it available to goons trying to book hard to get reservations

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

So I THINK I have the dining script working, but it needs some field testing.

I'd prefer to not distribute the actual script because I don't want it getting posted elsewhere or have a million people using it and defeating the purpose of creating the script in the first place or having Disney notice and block it, but if any goons have a trip coming up soon (the sooner the better since I figure reservations are more volatile as the date approaches) and are interested in helping with beta testing send me a PM with the date you are looking for, the restaurant, the number of people in your party, and either your email address or your cell phone number and carrier. I'll run the script for a few hours at a time over the next several days and see if there are any hiccups.

I've got enough people for testing now. If testing goes well I'll open it up to more people

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 4, 2014

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

When I was working on booking my trip at the end of May I started writing a script that would check every five minutes to see if reservations were available for BoG on a certain day and text me if it was. I ended up getting a reservation for the day I was looking for about halfway through though. I should finish it and make it available to goons trying to book hard to get reservations

Jose Valasquez posted:

So I THINK I have the dining script working, but it needs some field testing.

I'd prefer to not distribute the actual script because I don't want it getting posted elsewhere or have a million people using it and defeating the purpose of creating the script in the first place or having Disney notice and block it, but if any goons have a trip coming up soon (the sooner the better since I figure reservations are more volatile as the date approaches) and are interested in helping with beta testing send me a PM with the date you are looking for, the restaurant, the number of people in your party, and either your email address or your cell phone number and carrier. I'll run the script for a few hours at a time over the next several days and see if there are any hiccups.

I've got enough people for testing now. If testing goes well I'll open it up to more people

Testing has gone fairly well for the dining script, so if anyone has a trip coming up in the next 3 weeks and want reservations send me a PM with the date, the restaurant, the number of people in your party, and either an email address or a cell phone number and carrier, I'll run the script and when a spot is open you'll get an email/text to let you know and you can log in and book it.

Running it for more than 3 weeks out just hasn't been very effective so it's not really worth it.

And now Disney has put a stop to it by implementing a CSRF token v:)v

It was fun while it lasted

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 1, 2014

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

You're staying offsite? You'll have to wait to set up fast passes until you get in the park. You'll have to go to a kiosk and set them up there.
This isn't true. Anyone with tickets can set up fastpass 30 days in advance. If you are staying onsite you can set it up 60 days in advance.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Getting a BOG dinner reservation isn't THAT hard. Wait until 2 weeks out and then just start checking continuously throughout the day.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mykkel posted:

Disney changed something on the website or database and it doesn't work anymore. But it was Jose Valasquez that wad working on the script.

Yep, this is the truth. Sorry :(

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

BOG reservations (and other hard to get reservations) tend to free up about 2 weeks out from the actual date as people change plans. You've still got to check pretty much constantly throughout the day because when a reservation comes open it doesn't last long, but it's certainly doable.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Old Man Pants posted:

I want to know what $20 worth of eggs looks like.

Obviously it's 5 dozen eggs.

The childrens menu eggs is only 4 dozen, that's why it's cheaper

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

WDWTools is paid notifier. They send you a text if a reservation is open for the dates you input.

They stole my idea :argh:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

Disney Visa Stay Play Dine is out this morning. Should be available for general public on Monday. Good for stays from Jan 1 - to Apr 8. Typical resort exclusions apply.

So how's this work if I already have a reservation? What's the best way to try to get this added?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

You'll have to call in. I'm really bad with the username/real name connection, but if you've booked with me, I will add it on for you. If you've booked yourself, you'll have to call in.

By the way, Magic Kingdom is 45 years old today.

I booked myself. I was actually able to go online and modify my reservation and change the promotion, it was surprisingly pretty easy.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Empress Brosephine posted:

anyone got experience in crash dieting before a trip :qq: I gained 20 lbs since I last went

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483424

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Douchebag posted:

I'm a week past the 60 day mark and I didn't make my fast passes until last night and I got Frozen. I didn't want it though, I wanted something else in that tier. This is my 4th or 5th trip since FP+ has been implemented and I get lazier and care less about making them each time, and I always get the ride times I want. I hate FP+, I just want to go to Disney and enjoy a week there and not script my entire vacation but alas that's gone forever.

You could just not use FP+ or wait until the day of to make your choices in the app

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Boxman posted:

This reminds me, has anyone here been to Evermore? What's that like?

It's a secret

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Empress Brosephine posted:

Either go to the parks or not not a big deal also join our discord channel for non COvid fear mongering

https://discord.gg/tHAWpNg

Definitely just fear mongering

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Virtue posted:

Why are the parks so empty? Is Disney really clamping down on attendance?

Because most people don't want to risk their lives or their friends/family lives for a Dole whip.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Zero One posted:

I'm in line for Runaway Railway behind a man being pushed in a wheelchair. He has a "I'm 100" sash on and looks like he has a million pre existing conditions.

:bang:

Hopefully you don't give him covid

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I really like the quick service taco place

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

At least the Epcot parking lot is up to date for 2020

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Gonna go out on a limb and guess there's some overlap between disney nerds and band nerds, so enjoy this (the ending is linked but the whole show is Illuminations music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwlNSlR054&t=633s

As a former Cadet who joined largely because of seeing this show live I am very sad they got rid of Illuminations

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Badass! What years? I’m former Crown staff myself.

'04 and '05 (and Crown '02)

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'm sure Disney is packed with lower class people who just can't get by without their theme park visits right now instead of entitled middle/upper class people who just don't give a gently caress

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

Again, as I said the first time, I don't tell people "You should go! It's totally fine!" I posted about the Disney discount here because I ALWAYS post here about Disney discounts. But if a client asks me directly "Should I go?" I always tell them that it's their choice and they need to weigh the risks for their situation. I really am not the villain you want me to be here.

This is better than saying yes, but the correct answer is "No, of course not, we're in a pandemic that's killing 3k people per day"

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Disney is at 35% capacity with 4 separate checkpoints to get in and cast members empowered to respond to people unmasking. There’s probably no other business remaining open with as many restrictions as they have.

I'm sure that will comfort the 80 year old grandmother who dies from the covid that their son gives them after he catches it on the plane to Orlando because they couldn't wait 6 more months to ride the tea cups.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

So the problem isn’t actually Disney, it’s the airlines?

Replace "on the plane to Orlando" with "during dinner at Be Our Guest" and it is still true

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

If you compare the park division’s operating costs to its gross profit, more than 50% of their gross goes back into paying operating costs. You also would have no choice but to maintain a crew to keep the parks and resorts cleaned and maintained because they would crumble to the point of needing full refurbishment or replacement otherwise. poo poo surprisingly gets a lot more complicated the more you know beyond Twitter hot takes about capitalism!

You can do this without tourists and the non-essential staff in the park :ssh:

Disneyland proves that

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

There’s been no Disney outbreaks.

There is no possible way to know this.

Contact tracing in the US is a complete joke, and DeSantis is arresting people for reporting about covid in Florida.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Magic Kingdom has done 24 hours before, at least one year they did an event the Friday before Memorial day where MK was open 24 hours. It happened the night before my flight home :negative:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Zero One posted:

I did a 24hr at MK. I think the last time they did it. They soft opened Seven Dwarfs for the first time that night and I waited like 2 hours for it at 2am. It worked out because it was like a break from running around the park.

Ended the day marathoning Big Thunder about a dozen times until everything closed at 6am.

The park was never really slow. At least not until the very end when people went home.

The most annoying thing was that Starbucks and all the other food places closed right at 6am so I couldn't get caffeine on the way out.

This was the same night I was there, I wanted to wait to ride seven dwarfs but my gf at the time didn't... :sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Omne posted:

Orange County announced today that once 50% of residents are vaccinated (estimated to be July 2021), they'll drop their mask mandate. I imagine WDW won't be far behind

This sounds like a terrible idea