Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Does someone want to take a minute to try and sell me (rather, my wife) on what makes Disney cruises special and worth going on over any other cruise line? I assume that you can’t ride Tron or Space Mountain on any ship regardless of size/age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Hell hath no fury like a Disney fan scorned.

Someone has clearly never played Harry Potter trivia where the answer key was wrong.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Seven hours for a marathon? This is making me want to try the “four races in four days” thing (the Dopey?), just to be able to say I did it and for the experience of wandering through the parks in that manner. I’m sure by the end of day 3 I would be regretting the decision, but again: seven hours for a marathon, which is almost walking pace as previously stated.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Anya posted:

Counting down to start training for Dopey - I truly want to do that next. More focus required, but knowing you can make each race enjoyable was the best.

I’m meeting up with a friend later this month to give them a chance to dissuade me from doing this in 2026. Problem is that they’ve previously done the Goofy, so I think we’re more likely to talk each other into the insanity than out of it.

It sounds like getting into the Dopey is easier than getting ComicCon or Taylor Swift tickets, so that’s one less barrier to me making poor decisions!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Hazo posted:

I just love my boxed hog.

Come on, people. Is this thread so Disney-wholesome that we’re willing to let such an obvious “your mom” opportunity pass by unremarked?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

BadSamaritan posted:

Definitely wouldn’t expect them to, but it’s good to know I’m still in the window where it can be transferred if I find an agent I like during that time.

At risk of social awkwardness, do you like Braksgirl? We may even have another Disney travel agent in this thread, but Braksgirl is a regular.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I, and for what its worth, most of the folks over at wdwmagic, feel that the "golden age" for WDW was the late 80's through early 00's. This is when WDW saw the most growth and expansion, when really massive E-ticket attraction projects started to really take off, and when they seemed to be exercising the most creative freedom.

Do you think that might be correlated with the typical age of SA and wdwmagic users, who would have been kids/young adults during the period you described?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Akileese posted:

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit replacement

What? That is my single favorite ride in Universal Studios. Why would they replace it? Mother of god, get rid of Transformers, Spiderman, or some other bullshit screen ride. Hell, refurb Men In Black so that you can actually tell where you’re shooting or if you hit the target.