Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hey, here's an adlib template for getting mad at LCS games.

Bench ________ (Player who gives First Blood)

Double Bench ______ (Player who throws game by getting caught)

Nerf ______ (Champion that gets unexpected Triple [or higher] Kill)

Will _____ (Gross Player) ever fix their _____ (Gross Bodypart)

I ______ (Loved/Hated) when Phreak said "_________" (Phreak Pun)

and last but not least

_____ (GGU) FIGHTIN'

Flayer posted:

Watch Copenhagen Wolves vs EG tomorrow to see who bags 4th place in the EU LCS. The winner plays the loser in the play-offs.

Do this, Winner gets Blue Side advantage I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The story with Copenhagen Wolves is that their mid player Bjergsen wasn't able to play the first few weeks, I believe due to his age (and he was their primary shotcaller). They really are an excellent team to watch

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

A jargogle posted:

_______ will be leaving team soon.

That's mine :getin:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Vulcun had a history of doing roleswaps for no reason. Bad habits die hard :911:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:gifttank: BoxBox isn't that good

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

When the original Best Riven NA vs BoxBox 1v1 was talked about, just about every pro said BRNA would win. Boxbox has an entertaining stream, but isn't necessarily the best player.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Wrote an article for News of Legends about the upcoming LCS Promo Matches. I broke down all the teams (both LCS and Challenger teams)

Edit: Removed the DONG SQUAD 420 link

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

At the moment no Challenger's team in EU is all that releveant since qualifiers just passed. Hard to find BTT results, but it didn't look like they placed well in earlier tournaments, and most likely the new Challenger teams and new LCS teams haven't played in a tourney since Promotion matches. So no, not until they play against better competition (Though if you have brackets for the tourney I can try and check names)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Saw the brackets, none of the bigger teams were there unfortunately :( They'll still have a chance to shine.

SpaceDrake posted:

I actually think Dignitas will get relegated out because they're in the same sort of place AAA was in - recent setbacks have completely gutted their morale. You could see it during the GGU matches. The throws were ridiculous and it was largely due to them out being able to work together. I could see Team Summon or even Fidelis pulling out the Big W on them. Really looking forward to that entire set, and I suspect that's going to be the one that delivers overall this weekend. Everyone in that will be making insane plays - even the Dig members who aren't yet crushed by depression.

Quantic is also all but guaranteed and it's a shame because it means Complexity is out. :smith: Why couldn't CoL have made 7th so it was MRN Quantic was crushing? As it is I have no idea how to call Velo/TSB/MRN. Could go any way.

And then for DB/Azure/CLG, I have to admit I'm finding it hard to even care. :geno:

You didn't read my article!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

I actually did, I just disagree with your take on Dignitas' chances. Their morale is in the dumpster right now - you could absolutely 100% see it during the playoff matches. Maybe they've managed to rally in the two weeks since then, but if they are anything like they were during Super Week or the playoffs... no way. They are in very real danger of getting kicked out of the LCS because they just can't focus like they used to and aren't nearly as secure as I think you posit them as.

If they have any saving grace it's that they're facing somewhat weaker teams than CoL and MRN are due to the set-up of the promotion series. They should be thanking their lucky stars they aren't facing Quantic.

Dignitas has a different problem. They're overconfident. At S2 playoffs, versus GGU, in general Dig goes in thinking they'll win. Unlike other teams that can lose and recover, once Dig loses confidences they die. However, this bo5 means a lot more to them. This isn't for money, or a stepping stone to play TSM, this is their competitive life. If they don't have the realist attitude of their lives, then Dignitas' management has failed. I think they will have perspective and be a hard team to beat.

Quantic is good, but Hai choked hard at past LANs and they aren't a hard lock versus coL. On cell so sorry for typos.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I can't watch, but are they fighting with numbers disadvantage

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

foutre posted:

TSB are good fighters. You should tell Velocity to decide if they are diving or no Studio.

e: Really though, imagine TSB's teamfighting with Velocity's objective control.

I have, Atlanta was on prep duty at the event, not sure what's gone on.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Fun fact, Vile has a child of his own :eng101:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

semicolonsrock posted:

^ Whoaaaa

Is Atlanta coaching Velocity too? Always seemed weird to me that he wasn't on a team.

Yeah, and he has atrocious tournament nerves.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TSB is a really good team that is underground to most people. I'm going to have faith that Vel needed a warm up game since first games have always been iffy in scrims. I am surprised Vile went Zed as well.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Ahhh drat it, Vel went for Shen Zed since it's an amazing combo even though they haven't practiced it. The ultimate trap.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

They really needed Karthus

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Comrade Question posted:

TSB is really good at getting away with basically 1 HP.

I dislike reading this post. What are picks?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TSB will always have the AoE gently caress option, but if Vel can stay even or better yet have Twitch get ahead they're in a good state.

I'm on phone right now.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:) Cris getting kills is scary for both teams, that dude has balls that he cannot control.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Zahki posted:

Maybe Maplestreet should try standing behind his team instead of in front of them. He's lasted exactly the length of a Kayler ult in the last 2 fights.

FMS thinks he has to win on his own, so he's making mistakes to try and make plays.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

\FrankerZ/ = GoVelocity Go (no space)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Htffssfgghghghh WHY DO THEY HAVE TO SCARE ME LIKE THAT. Game 3 I was worried for the throw until the mid turret dive and ace

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Just saw the interview. I love these guys :allears:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Jonny Angel posted:

LemonNation's seemed fine to me. :allears:

Was it l0cust? His Sona ults are kinda rear end.

I just got home, any exciting plays from TS versus Virus's team?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Goop posted:

Riot just needs to pay pr0lly to wander around the studio and interview sometimes since that is what he has been doing most of the LCS anyway.

edit: Now that I think of it, I have never seen Lautermortis do anything noteworthy. Is he bad or am I just being negative about him for no reason?

He was a good S2 jungler, but he has not adapted to S3.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Miftan posted:

Eventually Quantic isn't going to get ahead early and I don't know if they can play from behind.

Never mind. With how they're playing now.. Jesus christ. I want to see them up against some of the more established teams.

You will! :eng101:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TheModernAmerican posted:

They keep his build normal, they just have the ADC play him.

M eye a is probably the worst pro-level support I've ever seen.

I've been saying this for months. It's not that anyone's disagreed with me, but it hasn't changed at all. Chuuper is also pretty weak at AD himself, but coL needed to make more changes to the team than they did (and earlier)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

They're a lot better than they were in January. Back in Jan. there would be a chance they would just do something... stupid. That's no longer the case. There were minor mistakes but not to the point of what they used to have.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

BEEN DRIVING FOR LIKE 3 HOURS WHY HAVEN'T WE WON YET

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Damiya posted:

oh man have you been sitting in saturday traffic instead of with the team?

Yeah, entourage was 1 man too big, and I had to wait until Saturday to show up. I'm with Team Summon at Dream Lab right now though. I shook l0cust when we won that last team fight

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Schiavona posted:

That Shen ult was dumb as hell, they had Baron and he was far away from the enemy.

Always better to ult in and secure baron with a smite.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Damiya posted:

Studio, if you guys get in are you going to coach full time? Move to LA and be a Pro eSports hero? :3:

Atlanta and I would probably be doing this

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Damiya posted:

Erk. That's a *lot* of travel.

Atlanta is in LA, and he's not a city as much as a former-pro player that goes by Atlanta.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I*'m about to cryu

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Cannot watch this, I'm playing Bit.Trip Runner. Getting ready to shake L0cust or Grim Samurai. Not in yet though.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:toot:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I believe he's too young for a bit, and he does need some more comp experience (we didn't scrim with him because there wasn't any time for us to not do full 5)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Can't remember where I've said this, but Quantic was astounding today. I watched them play in January. They were sloppy, they got choked, they got nervous. While they were good players, there was a chance that every like 2 minutes they'd make a big mistake and lose some ground. Not a lot of ground, but something. Their nerves were solid this tournament. I wasn't impressed versus TAP because they weren't very good, but versus coL? There were minor mistakes, mistakes that show they're still human and everyone makes. Big mistakes? Big fuckups that give the enemy a chance to do anything? Not at all. You can't really judge people 100% versus worse teams, but they looked like a #1 NA LCS team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

We're celebrating getting into the LCS by watching The Cosby Show.

• Locked thread