Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Wohoo new painting thread!

I, Arlaharen, oath Viktor Pendrake from Privateer Press for the month of May

He's only gotten a light dusting of white primer so some of the metal shows through, and he's standing on cork and poster tac to hold him in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Hosted a paintjam at my place and got a lot of colors on Pendrake:

I think I spent like an hour on the eyes. gently caress eyes.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Oath Complete!

If you're going to gently caress with Viktor Pendrake you better not be a warbeast because he's got Duck and Dismember and poo poo.

WIP shots!

I got into my happy painting zone when I started on Pendrake and zoned out so this was the first picture I took of him. Face, clothes and metals have gotten most of the shading and highlighting.

I didn't really like the purple so I colored the top part of the coat more reddish. Went over the metals again with inks, painted some details like books and the arrow fletching. The head of the beast he's standing on got blocked in with brown.

The major parts of the base got done. Final pass over the metals. Cleaned up the eyes a little.

The brown fur on the beast just blended together with the base so I made it grey instead to make it pop more. Added some gore and painted the front arc.

With some field grass, a swamp tuft and water effects Pendrake's done!

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

thiswayliesmadness posted:

And now that I'm not stuck doing non-stop double shifts, 7 days a week, I can finally mail out all that stuff for the previous Oath thread. Should be an interesting trip to the post office! That big one in the back is the 3 Dust Tactics boxes together.

Speaking of boxes, I just got a mystery present:

Oh dear I hope it's not something Sole.Sushi dug out from a tomb of concrete :ohdear:

A careful incision with my sharpest hobby knife reveals...

...brushes! And pinning paraphernalia! I like those! There were some other hobby tools buried too:

We need to go deeper

Digging out more stuff.

Putty, scalpel blades, wet palette and an instructional DVD. It's always good to learn from better painters so I took a quick look on the DVD and :stare:

Only the three mystery boxes left now:

What's in them?

The rainbow

The whole shebang in one picture:

I'm pretty much speechless right now.

Arlaharen fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 14, 2013

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
I, Arlaharen, oath this Feralgeist from Privateer Press for June

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Oath complete!

I've had very little time to paint so no journal this month.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
I, Arlaharen, oath Midas and six Razor Boars from Privateer Press for July

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

Arlaharen posted:

I, Arlaharen, oath Midas and six Razor Boars from Privateer Press for July

Oath addition! Oathing one Road Hog, four Bone Grinders and one Brigand Shaman from Privateer Press

Finally got the conversion done for the jurnal. I might have hosed up the before picture though since I didn't want to do the entire arm replacement after putting the model together :ohdear:

"Before" pic with original shoulder and fist to the side:

Original sculpt here for comparison

After sculpting (including a brand new arm pit).

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Goddammit Red Shoe, that sure is a chunk of pretty mans.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Themed Group for the piggie patrol.

Brigand Shaman and Razor Boars

Bone Grinders

Midas and Road Hog

Reposting the Road Hog arm swap images for the Jurnal.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
I, Arlaharen, oath a Cipher from Privateer Press for the month of August

Picture didn't come out super great, but it's a single coat of metallic dark gold on there. The reflections on the model are from my lamp.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Oath complete!

Wanted to try out a high contrast metallic scheme for Cyriss. I tried purple OSL but after failing miserably twice I went back to bluish.

The Detektuv's Jurnal is the dust on his little robot footsies.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
I, Arlaharen, oath one Hierophant from Privateer Press for September!

I'll probably add some more stuff later but need to do a little stripping and conversion work and I wanted to get started on this guy.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

krushgroove posted:

Sorry I missed this! Probably all dem funny ledders on dere

Looks perfectly nörmal to me :catstare:

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

Arlaharen posted:

I, Arlaharen, oath one Hierophant from Privateer Press for September!

I'll probably add some more stuff later but need to do a little stripping and conversion work and I wanted to get started on this guy.

Oath addition! Oathing one Choir of Menoth grunt and a Temple Flameguard grunt. Both from Privateer Press.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Oath complete!

Trying out a color scheme on some menoth guys. Had a lot of fun with these.

Jurnal is the writing on the choirboy's scroll.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

krushgroove posted:

OK folks!

:siren: The PHOTO ALBUM FOR SEPTEMBER is now online! :siren:

Clicky: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5932776578030458769?authkey=CMyqyMz9nIGnfg

Please make that your oath is there if you completed it.

My stuff seems to be missing, pics are in this post.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Oh hai Oath thread, long time no see!

Took a break from painting but I'll join in the final month. Not doing any bonus stuff, just painting a unit.

Oathing a full unit of Idrian Skirmishers + UA. 28 mm, Privateer Press

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

Germ posted:

However, I could definitely use Arlaharen's $75 for a certificate from The Warstore, and use it to get more little mans to fuel future Oaths. Specifically, some more Wood Elves to help update my army for the new book.

Done! Check your PM's.

• Locked thread