Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

GG's to all in the room tonight.

-McHardSteel: you really leveled your Lex up from last I saw it, good stuff.

Soonmot posted:

Great games tonight with the 360 crew. I am happy that I was able to take off Canadian's Superman armor bar.

Just gotta keep at it and you'll be there sooner rather than later. Anytime we are both online just hit me up and Ill be glad to take you to online training mode give you some tips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

AndyElusive posted:

Wow. Pig of the Hut says Sinestro vs Flash is 6-4 and Supes is 5-5. Grain of salt but wow.

While I think that vs Flash is inspired by drugs considering every projectile Sinestro has is punishable by Flashes charge, I do believe Sinestro vs Supes is 5-5. Supes gets outzoned hard against Sinestro and he has no real way in except to just be patient.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Made a quick video about that Wonder Woman glitch/bug/feature I mentioned yesterday in the goon room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2UVsQvCaRM

Just random damage off EX Whip, what causes it? I don't know.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ok so I was in the room for like a minute, and looks like the dealy what plugs your headset into your stick just broke off inside my stick so I gotta fix that(if I can). I'll be back on in the room maybe in 20-30 mins if I can get this poo poo figured out.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Unbound posted:

That'll happen. However, all those losses against people like EvilCanadian, Arikado, and FingersMLD teach me so much everytime I play, and then eventually I'll beat them. I think I've gotten Canadian's Wonder Woman a couple times, so I have to be getting better.

Yeap you blew past my WW a few times. I can tell a lot of people have been improving.

Remember always the biggest take away you can have is "Ok I lost, so why did I lose?". Whatever brought you down is something you need to work on or at least be conscious of.

*ed*

Interstellar Owl posted:

do a ton of people still play this online?

That's more of a question you would ask when the game is a year+ old, Injustice isn't even a month old yet.

But anyways, yes tons of people online, this is more than likely the best selling fighter since MK9.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I played 27 ranked games tonight, 16 of them involved someone rage quitting on me.

FUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK :ssj:

I wanted to end my session on a win, took 5 games straight before I got someone who wouldn't ragequit. This poo poo is more frustrating than any kind of actual losing at this point.

*ed*

For something more constructive than just bitching, and maybe this should have been obvious but I only just found it out earlier; is that WonderWoman can cancel into her stance switch off strings. Now this really doesn't mean much outside of some potential corner combos because Sword stance is hot garbage but hey, there it is :unsmith:

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 12, 2013

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Inputs are exactly the same online as off. You might be stressing out a bit worrying about it as fighting a faceless guy in ranked is quite different experience than having someone right beside you, and then botching some of the inputs.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Liar Lyre posted:

Tom Brady/REO's Tier List:
S+ Cyborg (with block infinite combo)
S Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, Deathstroke, Superman
S- Green Lantern, Wonder Woman
A+ Doomsday, Killer Frost, Nightwing, Solomon Grundy
A Catwoman, Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Raven, Sinestro, The Flash
A- Ares, Joker, Shazam
B Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor
C Bane, Lobo

Discuss...

Mostly agree, however Deathstroke much too high and GL is easily in the same grouping with aqua/bat/superman.

Also IMO Shazam is the worst character in the game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Fingers McLongDong posted:

He is the mid range king though and his b13 is one of the best footsie moves in the game.

You got it right there. Playing GL right they should be scared to hit buttons midscreen, b13 if it wasn't for the ridiculousness of Superman f23 would be the best string in the game, he has fantastic zoning, options and gimmicks, the best f3 overhead in the game. Guy is just the total package.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Lurdiak posted:

Those sales are pretty low. :(

half a million for a game that released halfway into the month and is only counting US and not worldwide #'s? I think that is loving fantastic for a fighter.

Plus if the guys in the article are like the old npd's their numbers will not include Wal-mart sales(they won't disclose units sold) which is the largest game retailer in the USA.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

JackDarko posted:

I'm still not done learning Nightwing but I plan to learn the Joker after. Only because his design reminds me of Hazama from Blazblu.

Well Hazama did have this none too subtle colouring

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

sentrygun posted:

Don't Sinestro shackles scale the poo poo out of combos too, or is it not all that bad?

Yeah shackles scales stuff a bit harder than other moves.

Example

b13, b3, j3, b12, shackles, j2, b213 does 34%
b3, j3, b12, shackles, j2, b213 does 34%

Its literally the same combo minus the startup of b13 and it does the same damage, I think shackles scaling at the end of it is probably the culprit.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Apparently, Batgirl is gonna be available next week going by Boon's twitter

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/334691283400544257

Excellent, now heres hoping she fits my playstyle cause the trailer was cool :unsmith:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

AndyElusive posted:

That's cool but I'm mostly glad this means the next patch is out in a week.

Yeah while I don't have any concrete info to confirm this, I am fairly sure this is the patch where we will see some actual balance tweaks.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Is the timing on GA's combos super tight, or are Grundy's combos overly easy? Because I can't get the timing for GA at all. I guess it's one of the things where just keep trying over and over and it will click, but it just feels so much harder than Grundy.

While I wouldn't say GA stuff is overly hard(hard is like, Black Adam b23 combos that go into standing 1), yeah Grundy's stuff is among the easiest in the game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Interstellar Owl posted:

Is there a list online of what type of characters each of them are? (Grappler, zoner, etc) cause I'm not well ersed or good enough to figure it out myself yet. Been trying out some other characters than Doomsday and so far I enjoy Nightwing and Superman but I just have also found that Superman feels so dang cheap like Batman does.

I posted this image in the earlier thread

I mostly agree with it, but I would put WW as Rushdown Hybrid and Joker as a setup character.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Lurdiak posted:

:mad: And I went through the trouble of cleaning it up for you.

I don't know where I saved that image to so I just went with the one I know :smith:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

WarEternal posted:

It's not good, or even decent, but it's not "complete garbage", there are some useful strings that it can interrupt, eg: Green Lantern's b12 or b13.

No, it is complete garbage. To parry b12 or b13 for GL you need different timings for each, unlike Wonder Woman or KF who can just input parry as fast as possible and get either attack everytime.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Are all of the patch notes listed in one spot that someone can link in this thread?

Well patch notes are not out yet, I am sure once they are out you can find them front page on TYM.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

My main Superman BnB does 2% less damage now :(

Whatever I will live either way but I don't know why they went after his damage, I can do more meterless with half the cast than I can do midscreen with Superman actually using bar. He is only ridiculous in the corner.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

"I'm sure it's a bug, but you can MB Batgirl's bola without a bar of meter, it does however take whatever meter you have away, but you don't actually need a full bar."

Haha.

Is that for real, cause holy poo poo.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Brett824 posted:

You people don't have a clue. You live in your little bubble where you learn your prescribed combos and that's all. As an example EVERY (and i mean EVERY) Batman player now does the exact same thing. Same with pretty much all the characters. You've created and allowed to be created a tedious repetitive game with no room for variety or creativity because the one uber combo is the only and most effective way to play. Yet half the cast is hosed as a result of decisions like these. Characters with few answers to zoning or speed rushdown don't stand a chance.

I like to do the uber-combos because they are better than the not-uber combos.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Yardbomb posted:

Oh wow Elseworld's Finest Flash looks so nice, but I only just saw what the requirement for it is.

"Elseworld's Finest: Unlocked by getting 3 stars on all S.T.A.R lab missions" :stonk:

Yeah I will probably get the Lex skin for beating all the star lab missions, but gently caress 3 starring everything.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

GG's to all goons, sorry if my new headset caused any discomfort I will attempt to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Since we doing the tier discussion thing here is my personal opinion on the tier list after the patch.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/inj...g7o00gr00il-bk5

Not really using the board to its fullest there, but consider that S, A, B, C and D as far as the groupings go.

• Locked thread