Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

It's part D&D, part improv. I don't think a pure D&D, or even a partial D&D (with any serious consequences), would fit the podcast. They need to have a DM that will roll with the punches, continue the "story," despite the heroes' stupid moves, and so far Spencer seems up to it. It's not about playing the game purely, it's about entertaining, and it's been an entertaining run so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Schrab Assshooooooooooole!

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

They should call it "All That Jizz."

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

So tonight Dino spilled the beans about the 'Mr. Show' reunion stuff going around. Apparently Bob and David are making a new sketch show and it may be eventually airing on Netflix.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Yes, truly the worst thing about society is all those ridiculous actor millionaires, not the billionaire assholes who undercut their employees' salaries just to pad their pockets with the equivalent of pocket change, use their influence to elect syncophants who keep them comfortable and paying virtually nothing in taxes, and ruin economies on a whim.

No, no, it's the actor millionaires.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Sure, I mean we tried that with terrorism and it worked out great

False equivocation: Irish Joe is much worse than terrorism.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

gasbag Harmon's idiotic pontificating

Pot, this is Kettle. You'll get along great, you're both black.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Not to mention it's $5 a month, not $20. For video, which wasn't offered before. And the audio podcast, which was all you got before, remains free.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

It's possible to be a fan of the work without being a fan of the person. Isn't that right, Sorkin fans? Or hell, Dawkins did amazing work popularizing and helping advance the public understanding of evolution by natural selection. That doesn't mean the guy isn't a total loving shitbag.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

On the other hand, there are very few things more annoying then people you don't know giving you life advice on twitter.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Brekelefuw posted:

It seems like every audience member tries to out laugh each other. No one roars with laughter like the audience does in real life.

It's LA. Part of the local mythology is that you simply need to be noticed - for whatever - is the start of your journey to stardom.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

How long until Dan has his new girlfriend on the show?

I want to say maybe he's learned his lesson, but then again this is Dan Harmon we are talking about. For those who are interested, his new girlfriend is Cody Heller.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Plus it's mentioned here:

https://soundcloud.com/truthandiliza/dan-harmon

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Last night was one of the best episodes, ever.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

D&D is like poker night or a dart league or something - a thin veneer of structure hung on what ultimately is an excuse to drink and chill out with your friends.

You could get very into it if you wanted to, but in my limited experience, half the time you're just bullshitting about other stuff, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Law Cheetah posted:

its crazy to me that pringles dick is like "i never really found out why,". like really, you don't know why they call you that?

That's his lament; he doesn't really have a pringles dick! He actually has a human dick, he just keeps his dick inside a pringles can (because it keeps it warm and dry, of course.) Why can't those people understand?

Pringles dick is not a smart man.