Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Is Erin McGathy on every episode? My girl loves her podcast This Feels Terrible and has mentioned wanting to go to a live Harmontown sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ashpanash posted:

It's possible to be a fan of the work without being a fan of the person. Isn't that right, Sorkin fans? Or hell, Dawkins did amazing work popularizing and helping advance the public understanding of evolution by natural selection. That doesn't mean the guy isn't a total loving shitbag.

Harmon is a horrible person to work under. It sounds romantic to have a show runner who drinks heavily and forces the staff to stay all night to break a story. Then you hear Phil Rosenthal's former staff writers gush over their boss realizing they had families and lives and that if you were stuck at 6PM, you were better off getting some sleep instead of staying up all night for a sitcom.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

Also having actually been in the meltdown and seen harmontown live it's a hot cramped tiny loving room with poo poo lighting that you wait like an hour plus to trudge your way into (it's a whole process to go to that show, it's in an area of la that's fairly removed from anything really interesting in the immediate area, with no parking, in a lovely section of town), the night's harmontown regularly sells out beforehand (as i found out to my surprise one time when i just expected to be able to pick up a ticket if i showed up like an hour early) , you have to go through two different lines in the process of getting in, and if you live in la county (like i do) you probably don't live in fuckin' west hollywood, since, you know, it's west loving hollywood. you probably live in torrance or simi valley or compton or something, somewhere where the rent isn't a living nightmare, which means you got an hour drive plus both to and from there with la traffic which is perhaps the worst traffic in the loving world, and then you gotta go find the aformentioned nearly non-existent parking. it's a whole excursion. it's a loving process. there are many, many steps involved. So once you're in your seat and then people start laughing around you you're already predisposed to laugh like a loving hyena at every word out of dan's mouth because of the crazy time investment you made to watch this thing, and the fact that it's situated in a tiny, cramped, intimate area and everyone around you is roaring with laughter you just sorta...get into it.

#ACTUALLY it's in Hollywood proper, not West Hollywood. Parking's not that bad eitger. You just gotta be OK with walking a few blocks at most. You driving a Lincoln Towncar or something?

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 1, 2015

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

well why not posted:

When I visited LA we just parked near the Chipotle, ate Chipotle, then walked the 10 minutes. My giant fast-food drink was still cold, which was nice as it is hot in there. It was pretty easy. You could also just get an uber or something.

Yeah I don't get what the big deal is. It's not K-Town where you can literally drive in circles for an hour and not find a spot. I go to Meltdown several times a month and there's always spots in the residential area south of the 7-11. Plus Meltdown has a parking lot if you don't mind paying a couple bucks.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Lmao what's the timecode for this punch in the podcast? Or what exactly happened? I'm not a regular listener.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 26, 2016