Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
So I'm on episode 23 with an outrageously drunk Ryan Stiles playing DnD. It sounds like he's going to be a plastered rear end in a top hat through the whole thing. Is it worth listening to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

haha Dan's pretty insufferable in the newest one. that dude reads too much reddit.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Hey does anyone remember the episode where Dan jokes about having a bathroom that's just a steam bath full of roman senators that are always plotting against him?

It's one of my favorite jokes but I cant find it anywhere.

Thanks

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Ograbme posted:

I'm positive it's in 47-50. I was looking in there for his first reaction to season 4, but I guess it was taken down.

It's in 47, thanks. Still the greatest.

"Nothing sir, nothing. Egg salad, the perfect choice..."

"I don't think they wanted me to have an egg salad sandwich. I fear the game is afoot."

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Pretty good Harmontown. Only one rant where one of them shows a total lack of understanding of the world around them. They need to get Kumail up there faster, literally as soon as he got on the stage the show became gold.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Random diatribes are fine, but it helps when it's a subject that either of them know anything about.

For example, one of my favorite Harmontown bits is Dan's advice for writers. It was funny and legitimately useful.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 12, 2013

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Man it should be illegal to be as funny as Mitch Hurwitz. After a certain point it just makes you feel bad about yourself.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Holy poo poo. The jeremey bit was some drat entertaining podcasting.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Saw the new hunger games movie today. There's a scene around the middle where Jennifer Lawrence doesn't trust a guy, and then he says "If I had wanted to kill you I would have done it already."

I liked the movie a lot, but it would have been undeniably improved if the rest of the film was just Jennifer Lawrence shouting "OH, COME ON JUST KILL ME THEN, gently caress YOU! gently caress YOU! COME ON KILL ME!!"

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 12, 2014

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

CPColin posted:

Edit: Trigger Warning: Bitcoins.

Spencer no :( .

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

I didn't buy it either. :colbert: His description of their relationship was unconvincing.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

It's not gonna win me any popularity contests but I agree with Dan about Dark Souls, eff that game. :colbert:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Man Duncan Trussell sounds like a real idiot. What is it with him and fungus?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

One of these days Spencer will make an NPC that isn't frustratingly obtuse.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Arstan posted:

I like Erin's D&D stylings and thought everyone fawning over Dana Carvey's impressions was dull as hell.

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. I like Dana and all but all he was doing was talking in funny voices. They acted like he had split the atom on stage.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Not wanting to talk to a stranger on an airplane is a pretty common thing. Kumail's nice and normal and Jeff's a weirdo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0KFY6o6unw

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

It wasn't? I don't wanna dig through the whole hour again but the anecdote he was talking about was some old lady at an airport, right? Regardless, Jeff trying to get all into people's business is super not the norm. Kumail doesn't have to talk to people if he doesn't want to. I mean he doesn't have to be rude either but leave the guy alone.

edit: Jesus Christ now that I think about it Jeff was the one who suggested Kumail tell people to shut the gently caress up. What world does he live in.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Aug 9, 2014

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Sakarja posted:

It's hard to tell what's worst between Harmon's bright idea that people should just lie about what's happening

haha this part owned. It makes so little sense on every level.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

Holy poo poo you guys.

I want you all to get drunk and then off the cuff talk about how you would solve the systemic and contemporary issues in Ferguson while everything you said was recorded.

If I ever go on a drunken tangent about things way above my ability to understand, please feel free to make fun of me a lot. That'd be a really dumb thing for me to do.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Haha holy poo poo, just listening to the new one. I'm glad Dan agrees that lovely, Bladerunner weather owns. I love it overcast.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Brekelefuw posted:

I hope none of you were the guy wearing the leisure suit with a tall brown top hat.

Hahah yeah, you can bet that dude was looking for any excuse to get up on stage.

Also I'm surprised no one mentioned how we were blessed with seeing Spencer's Anti-Coyote spin kick again, though the effect was diminished without the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

I dunno, Harmontown's quality is way too volatile in my opinion. Am I paying for the funniest podcast around, or am I paying for 2+ hours of Dan trying to grasp simple sociological concepts. I dunno.

edit: Eh I guess five bucks for a whole month is an acceptable risk.