Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I used to enjoy Dan's political rants. They were short, and Jeff and Spencer would give him poo poo for his uninformed rambling. But since Trump became president it feels like every episode has an hour of Dan rambling on about race and the state of the country and Jeff occasionally chiming in to agree that yes, this is a very scary time.

I just started listening to Harmontown a few weeks ago, and arbitrarily started at around episode 130. I've been alternating between working my way up from 130, and listening to the new ones when they come out, and despite Shadowrun kind of sucking, I really prefer the older ones where there was political stuff but it didn't dominate the podcast. The newer ones really do feel like super long political rants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Thanks Dan. I spent part of the day reading about Elisa Lam, that poo poo is seriously unsettling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
When I first discovered Harmontown maybe 6ish weeks ago I started by listening to a bunch of old podcasts and then recommending it to all my friends before listening to the recent ones. I didn't finish the last two and haven't even started on this week's, and I'm awkwardly hoping none of my friends bring it up again.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm kinda curious about it, but don't post about it here. I'll go to TFR if I really want to know.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think it's pretty unlikely that there's a libertarian who stuck around for weekly political rant numbers 1-26 without changing his beliefs, but weekly political rant #27 was finally when he got woke. I agree with 90% of what Dan is saying and I gave up months ago, and it sounds like I'm not alone. Harmontown has always been his pet project and obviously he can use it for whatever he likes, but I'd be pretty suspicious of any claims that there are still Trumpers in his audience and he's really changing their hearts and minds.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Is this related to the medium rare chicken thing?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Are you aware that shut the gently caress up?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Anyone who hasn't yet realized that twitter is the malignant cancer killing our society is going to have trouble coming up with anything meaningful to say politically, sorry Dan.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Nobody wants to go first.

including me

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It was talked about in the Rick and Morty thread, but that's one of the worst threads on the forum so, good on you if you don't visit it really.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I thought he was fired primarily because of the Chevy Chase voicemail thing?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I lost it at the sudden cut over to Jeff Davis and the loving stool. That was an excellent episode and Schrab makes me consistently lol more than anyone I can think of right now who's name doesn't rhyme with Mave Mappelle.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Has there ever been an episode without Dan? It seems unlikely but I'm not a proper Harmontown scholar and haven't watched every episode so.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Yeah, I'm back on Harmontown hiatus the last few were just bad. When Beloved National Treasure and Known Cheapy Peepy Rob Schrab can't even make the podcast entertaining it's time for another break.

Also their current D&D game is so hosed up they should just give it up and start a new one.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

caligulamprey posted:

Is getting Patchens' Jewel back even the whole story arc or have they hosed up that bad because I swear that was the first task they were given and they still haven't managed to do it. I just turn off the last 30 minutes at this point and switch over to Dragon Friends for DND goofs.

That's like complete off the rails gently caress up 3 out of 5 so far. The party is all like "we're going to accost, kidnap and torture the influential NPC as he is pooping cause of his coat" and Spencer is either too high or too over this poo poo to put any effort into making up stuff on the fly. Not that I really blame him.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Did Harmon ever address his most recent twatter meltdown on the podcast? I'm pretty sure I listened to at least one after that. I really like Harmon and a lot of the stuff he does, but I'm so tired of being constantly embarrassed to do so. Between that and R&M fans it's like god drat.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

prefect posted:

I knew I should have watched last week's episode last week instead of putting it off.

I think Spencer listens to Cum Town. He made a "Samsung Galaxy 8" joke last week. :aaa:

Spencer's expression is absolutely loving priceless.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Who is this discount Adam Sandler? I thought Adam Sandler was the discount Adam Sandler.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
He does seriously sound and act exactly like Adam Sandler to me. I cannot imagine anything more off putting.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Whoever gave them the edibles for this week is a goddamn hero.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Rick and Morty just get renewed for seventy more episodes. I can't wait for Dan to suddenly realize that he doesn't want to retire afterall and how this is actually the worst thing, live on Harmontown.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Does he mention the R&M contract directly? I listened to like the first 45 minutes and so far it feels like one of his chore episodes that I'd normally skip, but I wanna hear what he's got to say about 70 episodes rick and morty forever dot com.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Ace of Baes posted:

He's been around for a long time, he was originally just an audience member who'd obnoxiously yoop then he became Dan's personal trainer I think?

They audience can't all be Spencers I guess.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
A D&D podcast that has like a pre game 15 min chat sometimes would be an improvement.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Hasn't Dan already made entirely separate podcasts for whining and awkwardly interviewing people though? But it still happens on Harmontown. I think that bringing a random person up on stage and telling them over and over again that he's a bad interviewer is just an intrinsic part of who he is.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That guy made a GBS thread a few months ago advertising his book. It was either locked or ignored, I don't remember now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
"highly compromised" :rolleyes:

Twitter is pure distilled middle school drama.