Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Look Akumetsu has that one dude who is just WAY TOO INTO roads. Manga owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If Wolf Guy had just been about the adventures of a Smugwolf fighting off other werebeasts it would've been a really cool series but noooooo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chas McGill posted:

Yeah, the tone was off for most of that arc.

Are there any other good, realistic contemporary cooking mangas? I remember being told about one focusing on a guy who is some kind of prodigal bread kneader, but I can't read that because I'm trying to cut down on my wheat intake.

Do not read Yakitate Japan.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chas McGill posted:

I'm pretty sure that is Broderick.

Yeah it's a shot from Ferris Bueller that's not in the actual movie.

Akumetsu is pretty cool, I like that by the end people are straight up telling him that he's not going to change anything and he just gives zero fucks because gently caress The Rich.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

UberJumper posted:

Berserk is really good it just feels like i am reading some horrible fan translation at several points. Which has left me more than once without even the faintest idea of what is going on.

I bought these at a store that sells legitimate non bootleg products and I've never had this problem. You're not reading the official translation.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

UberJumper posted:

Sigh you are right they are bootleg, with a few legit copies thrown into the mix. Volumes 1, 6, 14-20 are actual legitimate printings.

Is it possible to buy Berserk volumes as a digital download? Dark Horses website doesn't seem to offer that, and i can't find it on Amazon.

Nope.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

megalodong posted:

The whole guts/gattz/gattsu thing was one of the funniest bits of fan translater drama I've seen. Especially when Miura confirmed his name was actually "Guts" (which was pretty obvious from the beginning if you weren't glorious nipponese-levels of retarded), and the group put a super whiny bit into the front of a chapter saying that Miura could use "whatever mangled transliteration he wanted, WE GUESS".

Band of the Hawk is basically the whiniest weebs this side of TV-N.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DrSunshine posted:

Ana Satsujin

This is one of those ":stare: This is really dark/strange/disturbing, but I can't stop reading it" mangas. Basically, a suicidal shut-in peeps at female serial murderer who murders in her bedroom, and things kind of go on from there. It's pretty messed-up, but strangely compelling.

It's also available for free legally with pro translations in the Manga Box app on iOS.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AnonSpore posted:

I'm pretty sure the scanlations for all the Mangabox series are literally just the Mangabox stuff ripped and uploaded.

This is even dumber then, especially the untranslated title for extra weebness.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Blhue posted:

I kinda want to know where mangabox gets it's stuff, because somehow they seem to cherry pick the shittiest manga I've ever seen in get translated into English.

That mystery one with the magic tricks was pretty good, that's the only one besides the peep hole one I remember reading.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

furiouskoala posted:

The new Kurosawa manga has a bunch of chapters out, it is really great stuff. The pacing is incredible, as is the current problem of Kurosawa's Twitter-induced homelessness

And what manga would that be?????

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

coathat posted:

A lot of cool stuff get translated by the same groups so I just check out what's new on mangaupdates

I check HappyScans once a week or so. I wish they'd go back to doing Tiger Mask. Much like I wish DynamicPro would finish the Mazinger stuff.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AnonSpore posted:

I trust Hokuto no Gun's taste in manga. We'll see where this goes.

I just found out they're retranslating Fist of the North Star and I could not be more loving excited

edit No they're not I just got excited because their projects page is poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
someone sell me on keyman

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus posted:

I was not very interested in keyman but then I tried it and it was very good and not at all what I expected beyond Alex Rex being the baddassest Tyrannosaurus Rex cop in 1930s-esque not-new york with a sinister supernatural plot happening that he gets sucked up in

It's funny, it's graphic as hell without necessarily being extravagant with it most of the time like immortal hounds, it's dramatic, it's got a couple of cute romances, and the lady cop has righteous baps

next time, lead off w/ the righteous baps, tia

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mraagvpeine posted:

Dare I ask why?

its super rapey

its sad too bc akumetsu is fuckin rad

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Laputanmachine posted:

I haven't seen this mentioned here, so sorry if I'm blind and this is old news, but...

Dark Horse has licensed I Am A Hero and the first volume is coming out soon!

I almost had a stroke when I saw that. Good job DH and congrats for publishing quality comics for 30 years!

Edit: so it came out last month? How the hell did I miss this? Goddamn.

even better, they're doing two-in-ones, so that first volume is 20 bucks for volumes one and two of the original manga, and the next omnibus comes in october

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus posted:

knifedog does not make up for 100+ monthly-length chapters of nonsense culminating in a literal penis cannon + space vagina ending

this sounds fuckin awesome i need a link to this series

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus posted:

The absurd ending is not worth the length of it by far, man

Whatever man you're not my dad

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sharkopath posted:

This is nowhere near true lmao.

at the very least they don't include having nukes dropped on them

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
are there any good seinen comics about fightin that have been translated lately

already read holyland and the good part of shamo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

That Works posted:

Rikudo is about boxing but it's pretty cool.

that counts as fighting

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

in the event you haven't read riki-oh read that imo

kung fu man who punches through people and some insane sci-fi story involving nazi's i don't quite remember. Might have to reread it

oh man i read like half of that ages ago and was just agog at most of it

im reading kengan asura rn but i'll put riki-oh and meguru onthe list

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

i know its more boichi just going all in on the idea since apparently he got a physics degree so he could make manga more accurate

What is this I need to read it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i read the first volume of hanakaku and it was good but it didnt feel like hanaka really did much which is not good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Holy poo poo it actually ended

Finally, it's time to marathon Dorohedoro

Edit lmao last chapter literally came out today, love catching up on the thread

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Usogui is extremely good for anyone who doesnt' read it and may be put off by the fact its a gambling manga

Hello did you say GAMBLING MANGA

I miss Gambling Fish being stupid in a good way, like cutting off your finger to win a bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Gods vs humanity is great because it looks like its going to be the most outlandish bits of Baki and Kengan Ashura and co. and is going to be amazing for it.

Just all the excesses of insane fightman tournament manga.

Hello what is this actually called