Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Huh? He became the new "Kurusu" obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Anatharon posted:

I got around to finishing Akumetsu.

After 200~ so deaths, apparently Shou dieing can still be sad. :qq:

Considering how crazy the series was, the ending was sobering and almost down to earth.
If you liked Akumetsu you'll love Wolf Guy, same author artist team

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

Literally on the same page people are saying not to read Wolf Guy because it is so terrible it retroactively harms enjoyment of Akumetsu. Come on, Relin.
It's my job to plant the seed of doubt............

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Professor Irony posted:

Anyone else remember Parasyte? Not the most original horror/sf offering, but decently written and boasted some great creature design work. Apparently, it is now getting an anime series.

I kind of wonder why they've decided to dig it up now, all of a sudden, but I won't complain.
After reading this in Mixx Zine in like 1998, I remember seeing a blurb in Wizard magazine some time before 2000 about a live action movie which never came to fruition. Then in 2005 they tried to make one again and failed. Fingers crossed!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Don't underestimate the creepiness of Japanese women. The authors of Rotte's Toy, Mitsudomoe and Kodomo no Jikan are all women.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

New Immortal Hounds chapter is out, and Mama is creepy. Kenzaki's a Good Cop, so it'll be interesting to see how Windchime handles her duty. If she just completely bungles trying to hit on him because she's never even thought to love someone, that would be the best. Probably a huge bummer just from what that says about her backstory, but it'd probably be amusing for a bit before getting back to grimness.

Also, :butt:

Uh what does that strap have to do with knowing windchime's face? How does he not know she's his coworker? Where did I miss this doubtlessly retarded plotpoint. Also why would they need to infect him with the virus? Just seal him in a metal drum and drop him in the sea.

Relin fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 21, 2014

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Probably Fuan No Tane/Plus

Also the author of Franken Fran is a man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JA9_9Y5ktY

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

only 96/371 chapters of the first part are translated :gonk:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

She's cleaning because Yotsuba is a dirty gaijin

I wonder what Azuma does in his off time, he probably can't afford to slack off like Miura. Maybe he has a wife to provide for him.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

known seinen manga yotsubato

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Doing it like that means Fort of the Apocalypse got cancelled (the fact that the ending is super abrupt wrt the bokors also)

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Pretty disappointing no one's translated the final chapter of Fort Of The Apocalypse (legal or otherwise)

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

Did something past the abrupt final chapter come out?
There was a promised final chapter to come out with volume 10, released October 9th

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Wrong opinion alert: hates rude titties, thinks the series are better than the films

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

whenever i see a manga where the author is blaming the US for something i just assume they're either dumb or a chinese sympathizer

china's the one trying to steal your islands and territory not us, guys

Relin fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 5, 2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i never understood why the male god in eden brought the robot with him to the new dimension

or why the female god stopped mattering in the plot

that whole manga is a huge loving downer and i regret reading it

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

air master

then translate it for me

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

They're doing the Ninja Slayer manga, which probably doesn't have rape; but NS is terrible.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Ninja Slayer is alright for one episode but the concept doesn't really carry for 26 episodes

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

That reminded me to check for the raws for volume 20, which are available.

Plot still seems to be going strong through 20.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Jose posted:

whatever happened with zetman? i remember reading it years ago and then it got really weird/bad and then i stopped following it
it's been at chapter 209 out of 226 (it finished in july 2014) since june 2015. Evil Geniuses will hopefully finish it one day

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Serious Frolicking posted:

That is only evidence of the author adding dumb poo poo all the time without thinking anything through. See also: the entire drat manga.
every

mannnnnnnnnngggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Kind of meh. Looks like no one's translated the two special Sidonia chapters

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

I think the children in chapter 6 of Fire Punch are going to be raped by dogs, given the content of the story so far. People throw around edgy a lot but it really does apply to that manga

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

the only way the story could be redeemed is if the author thinks of more creative ways to give the MC more super powers (and if there's no dog rape)

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Looks like the kids in Fire Punch were going to be raped by dogs, as predicted by me and other people (since its so obvious). I said "god drat it" out loud. But now they won't be so uh that's good I guess

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i think someone should create a thread for 3-gatsu so it stops being posted itt

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

the last chapter of apocalypse no toride is out (46), being in limbo since october

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

well, there's also the fact that some series are just plain banned from batoto. or chapters take forever to get uploaded there relative to other sites. but there's not water marking so it's good for some things. also they get weird about tagging some times

Relin fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jul 11, 2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i didnt think the ending to monster was good either

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

the goblins represent foreigners

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

what was the survival manga with the pig mask guy on an island?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

genshiken finally put out of its misery. spoiler for the curious: madarame ended up with sue the short blond american

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

they just exiled a mtf transexual from the village in fire punch for being untrustworthy and hiding it actually it may refer to a woman being mind controlled by a man, the main villain

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i wouldn't muster too much empathy for the person who knows how to cure the protagonist of his eternal burning but chooses not to

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

42% of japanese men age 18-34

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

not reading baki. shameful.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

darkgray posted:

Help, I just wasted days reading 50 volumes of Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, and while I started having misgivings around vol 45, it still didn't prepare me for the incredible disappointment that was the "concluding" volume. This thing must have gotten cancelled or something, because there's no way he could have planned to wrap it up this poorly. To add insult to injury, the powers that be somehow decided to greenlight a spin-off series with a different set of main characters taking place 2 years later. Like I give a poo poo anymore.

Guess I deserve it for continuing to read in spite of the "comical" gay rapist, and the "comical" trans-woman who suddenly vanished completely. Apart from that it kind of reminded me of Hajime no Ippo, though. :(
i read too many chapters of this, but am glad i stopped myself. i could tell the plot would never go anywhere by the horrid pacing

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

raw for the first chapter of Opossums is out. this is the series that already had a one shot called ningyou no kuni (which i disliked). the title references the other seed ship in knights of sidonia. maybe nihei will explain the guana at all this time (lol no he wont he just likes to tie his stories together very loosely). features a mecha very reminiscint of tsumugi, and possibly another moe robot girl.

http://imgur.com/a/1ethy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

did they ever explain the aliens goals