Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
It's been a while since I was caught so off guard in the span of a single chapter before. :golfclap:

I totally expected her to squeeze by somehow; hopefully this development doesn't get thrown out by some handwaving about it not being a true Shokugeki or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, that was an exciting half a chapter of dramatic tension about what could happen to our protagonist. Shame they deflated it so fast. :sigh:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Chapter 50

Page 15 has some god drat emotion, and not the normal food orgasm type emotion either.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

toanoradian posted:

I can tell just by looking at you. You want to open up the the new chapter and consume the plot. Just follow your desires, you pigs. It's delicious and I know you crave it.

As someone who can't consume anything alcoholic, this chapter doesn't do me at all. How much are you willing to bet Souma get 100 or at least very close to it?

My prediction is Souma gets a good score, but not the best score. That gives him meaningful rivals and allows him to continue training himself.

Either that or he tries something weird and it tastes loving awful and he loses big time but he just shrugs it off and keeps being awesome. :haw:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Chapter 55

Man those judges must be exhausted given that this competition is basically a marathon reenactment of Jizz In My Pants.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Compendium posted:

That was a really heartfelt chapter. Megumi can only climb up from here.

The few pages before the scoring showing her trials and difficulties are just heart wrenching, holy hell. :unsmith:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Damegane posted:

That pose looks very unsafe.

He sharpens all his knives using his forearms. :black101:

I was expecting his opponent to be Tadokoro, which would've made for a somewhat bittersweet food fight; this is probably going to be much more entertaining though.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
That two-page spread is just fantastic. Every new chapter always seems to give me a big stupid grin.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Crush this smug chump Yukihira. Totally obliterate him. :unsmigghh:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Chapter 84 is out and goddamn I am way too excited for this. Let's loving cook! :hellyeah:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am ready to go to the Beef Amusement Park, take me there. :dance:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think we all know that the appropriate English title is "Culinary Climax Clash" :colbert:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

BlitzBlast posted:

I watched people subject themselves to retail as a janitor for a year and I don't understand why people would torture themselves like that.

Having done both, I would rather scrub public toilets all day than work a cash register. The only redeeming factor of doing that job is that you instantly appreciate other retail employees a lot more. It's a poo poo job where you work usually every weekend and most holidays and most customers treat you like you're dirt.

Anyway, cooking manga! That is a foreboding last panel. Are they about to be overcome by demonic possession? :cry:

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 19, 2015

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

MajorMarcus posted:

Crunchyroll picked up the license to stream the anime. The first episode should be up today.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/03/crunchyroll-to-stream-food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma-anime

Solid first episode; whoever was in charge of music production did a drat good job with matching the over-the-top visuals and setting.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
"Please be ashamed of your ignorance!" :allears: Good luck with that.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

He should cook literal feces so that no one nearby can bring themselves to eat anything. He should then sell ginger tea to help with the nausea. The end is result is that his opponent sells nothing and he sells some ginger tea. Thinking outside the box!

The aroma of peanut butter grilled squid tentacles overwhelms everyone nearby. :getin:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alacron posted:

you know you love it, don't you loving lie to me

look at that face. LOOK AT IT

Those glasses are stylish as gently caress though. :swoon:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think we've established that Eizan has the best faces ever.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Inflammatory posted:

i was desperately hoping soma would just close the door on him.

I'm expecting him to do that at the start of the next chapter as a gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Based on my posts in this thread I've been reading this since 2013. Finally, the fated dish arrives.