Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i guess if you weren't at all interested in cooking manga because of actual cooking and just care about dumb shonen conventions
like we're not even given any insight into what exact blend of spices she used it feels really clear that they're just winging it without the help of their professional chef's advice or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

oh i get it, she's chinese

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

how do the people in the front row see into the arena

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gyges posted:

The final ingredient is going to be durian fruit, showcasing the culmination of all Soma's attempts to pair odd things.

it's gonna be an egg dish

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ok fine, it was a good chapter

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Conot posted:

If anything this "superpower" seems more fitting for Souma (minus the tool stealing) since his whole gimmick has been being a gem in the rough who keeps getting polished by fighting endless shokugeki's against his dad/others and learning from them.

This is hitting the Dragon Ball issue of serial escalation pretty hard with making former-1st-seat Tsukasa job for random people. If the series isn't cancelled then it's going to hit a peak stupidity curve of "Well, [next villain] is a bigger threat then asahi ever was! Here it's demonstrated by [next villain] beating [insert person who is theoretically still a challenge for Souma]" only to have Souma trample the villain and then not really talk about the implication.

i cant believe the heavenly king of the ascended cooking realm literally turned shinomiya into a vegetable

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this is literally just trolling now lmao

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Ex Mod Seafood also enjoyed tormenting me at every turn so I wouldn't think too highly of things he liked.

dont see anything wrong here

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i bet it's fried rice

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

show me souma's dish which will obviously be something as mundane as fried rice

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Hellsau posted:

like it has to be peanut butter squid, nothing else makes narrative sense

they've already blown their narrative build up for that with erina's dish, i don't understand why people keep harping on this.

of course on the other hand i could definitely still see them trying to milk the same exact thing twice in a row in such quick succession because he's a hack writer lol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

HE'S GOING TO MAKE THE OYAKODON HE MADE FOR ERINA WHEN THEY FIRST MET

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this was a good face tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011