Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

pandaK posted:

But you don't grow hair on that side of your arm

I definitely have hair on that side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

pandaK posted:

Isn't Souma Asian? They tend to not have hair there.

I'll get back to you after I finish my google image search for closeup pictures of asian inner arms

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Uh, not really? Or at least I fail to see how drawing hentai specifically makes you a better artist compared to, say, drawing food.

He was joking, you idiot.

Hentai doujins are trashy, the mangaka used to draw them before drawing this. Imagine if he said "that's the caliber of work you can get from someone who moved up from writing shipper fanfic" about an author

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 24, 2014

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i'm personally not sure why guessing that he'd resort to a lemon curd is just like so trying to your suspension of disbelief, moreso than him guessing the exact dish he was planning on preparing out of like an infinite amount of dishes he could have selected in the first place

within the expectations that sets up, it would be more surprising if he didnt guess everything he'd exactly do down to like the location of sweatbeads on his forehead

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
If Bad Dad gets ousted then they'll probably just reinstate Nudist Grandpa

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 3, 2015

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Deki posted:

I still don't get how the school apparently has the right to tear down an entirely independent residential building.

Even if it wasn't independent, you'd think there'd be some tenant protection laws that apply in this case

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
they're gonna tie. erina is gonna pick souma because she's the destined girl who his dad told him about. the one he wants to cook for. lots of sparkly eyes + blushes

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Elfgames posted:

i'm pretty sure everyone was ok with the making her taste test dishes, it's the weird brainwashing poo poo that azami did that got him booted and i doubt everyone know about that for years.

wtf is with the hyperbole itt about erina being force fed "garbage" (in actuality: she takes like a bite of dishes that turn out to be slightly below her standards)

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
my parents made me play baseball at that age, i didnt like it, but it all still turned out all right

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
lol le epic self hating anime fan

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
the only real traumatizing thing about erina's upbringing, the most horrible, awful thing. the single thing that you simply cant downplay or make it seem less horrible than it actually is, is the fact that she cant go get her own manga

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i would murder a turtle. gently caress turtles.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
So I guess he's gonna smoke it? With super special mountain bear wood

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i want it to be revealed that soma and his dad are actually space aliens and the king of all aliens comes down and tells soma that he has to compete in cooking contests against giant space slugs and stuff that are also chefs. or else the earth will be destroyed

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Also, and while I am wholeheartedly enjoying the recent poke trend (I guess it's because the weather is weirdly warming up?) I have to take issue with some of the poke out there. Most of it isn't like, chopped-up leftovers like it's supposed to be, but I'm seeing people carve up like, mediocre-sushi-grade fish into like, pieces half the size you'd see for tataki, and then tossing that with sauce and stuff.

It feels weirdly decadent and unauthentic and this makes me simultaneously happy and sad.

thats basically what i remember getting in the supermarket as a kid in hawaii. a little plastic tub of ahi poke

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
we have to rescue the aldini brothers after they lost a cooking match and got trapped in the shadow realm

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
even on iron chef they had a couple helpers, in a working kitchen roles are divided up

then again on iron chef they usually made like 5 dishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Peel posted:

heel erina > face erina

more tsun less dere