Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gripen5 posted:

Is there any place to get leveling and endgame builds? I have no idea where to put my ability points.

I just hate the idea of ending up with a dumb build that is holding me back because I don't understand the mechanics of the game yet.

Don't worry about pooching things too hard in the climb. Golden rule is stick to your tree. If you mess up, you can respec for a handful of credits on the fleet.

Also, nice OP.

WarLocke posted:

Was kind of disappointed to see that the Collections tab is almost exclusively for cash shop items.

They're missing out on all the 'phased out' armor. I'd pay money for the Sniper Rakata outfit on my Marauder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Pex-Corrh posted:

Tanking in SWTOR is remarkably different compared to similar games*.

This was brought up recently in the previous thread, but don't concern yourself with holding every mob in the group. Just get the Champions > Elites > Strongs. Everything else dies in 1 GCD, and the strongs die in 2. The similar games you mentioned all have in common that if a non-tank is being hit, the non-tank is dead. SWTOR doesn't have that. You'll save yourself a lot of grief if you only tank what you need to.

As a Guardian, if my Saber Reflect and AOE Taunt is on CD, I have jack poo poo for AOE threat. So rather than run after every mob, I grab what I need to keep the group alive, and let the group kill the rest. I'll sometimes preface (especially the 3rd pull in Hammer Station HM) "Kill weakest to strongest."

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

I had no issues with the female trooper romance due to the catness.

I had issues with the female trooper romance because I wanted to throw him off a drat cliff stick him in a sack and drown him.

I'm putting myself through Trooper again, this time as a grumpy cat commando. Somehow, having a perpetual look of irritation on my guy's face makes everything better.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

It's the default bra, that basically looks like the Jumpsuit items they added recently.

Those are the Thana Vesh boots. They're also available as the the Corsec boots. Latter might be Republic only.

Also Smuggler Tionese which is definitely Republic only.

The problem is the rest of the Thana Vesh outfit is super expensive so it won't be easy to add to Collection.

You could probably get away with crafted Imperial Agent Battlemaster boots too. I think there are still plenty floating around the market from people who were smarter than me and grabbed all the schematics before BW phased them out. They have roughly the same look, thought possibly a different pattern.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

And honestly, if you're new to MMOs, straight up F2P works. The only people complaining about too many sidequests are the people playing multiple alts because of the repeated content.

Still wanting them to add a Level 50 Legacy perk along side the Living Legend title: Pay 4000 8000 12000 cartel coins and get double experience FOREVER! I'd pay it. I'm sick of going through the same sidequests over and over, when all I really want to do is be a space knight/pope/rear end in a top hat/shepard/psychopath/tesla coil/James Bond/Dogg the Bounty Hunter.

:sigh:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Because the Gree event being back isn't enough to celebrate, I was making a terrible pubbie's day by repeatedly hunting and killing him in the PVE zone. My friend here reported that he was bitching in General about this, and for lack of way to collect the tears, I decided to head to the base of the Imperial base and call him out. At which point it hit me: the ledge LOOKS like it is within 30 meters... maybe I can...

Well, Bioware got it half right. Sure, the game autokills me as soon as I leap up there. But, of course, this is Bioware we're talking about. Call my medical probe? Yes please!

It stripped my PVP flag, and if you go too close to the edge, the autokill triggers (learned this after we pulled a friend up and he tried to leave), but it doesn't beat the novelty of a Jedi playing Kloo on top of the vendor tents. Shame they don't sell post cards.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hoboskins posted:

I have been wondering, are the Assassin and Shadow tanking specs viable? or is it a case of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole? The class looks fun so I am tempted to try it. I keep rolling new characters and getting them past the starting area just to see how they play, the worst part is they are all pretty fun. Using Falcon Punch! On my Powertech BH never gets old though:dukedog:

They make excellent tanks. Though, as Sanguina said, they require more button pressing than a mitigation tank like Guardian or Trooper. Though, I'd argue they are the best at getting and keeping AOE.

Short answer, yes. They're great and if you want to play one, do that.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Medullah posted:

Having played a Vanguard, Assassin and Guardian, my Assassin is by far my favorite tank. Easiest to hold aggro with 3 (4 if you count the ground pound) instant cast AOEs, able to do my own CC, and can fade when a wipe is imminent. Only thing they lack is a gap closer.

Force Speed and Force Pull.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

I think the Agent one is an orbital bombardment? That instantly makes it the coolest.

Double orbital strike is the best move in the game. I'll have none of this dick-kicking tomfoolery. And in fact, the more Snipers you have in a raid to drop Orbital strikes, the fun factor of the game approaches infinity.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I loved Imperial Taris and liked Voss from a Force User perspective. Imperial Tatooine was nice too, and Republic Balmorra as a Consular feels the best in terms of continuity between factions. I wish they'd do more with Tython and Korriban. I'm a Jedi geek, so being able to explore the jungles and ruins on Tython (and there are a lot) would be amazing fun. They'd also both have some end game justification in that canonically they have some seriously dangerous poo poo lurking on them that no other worlds have. Tython, it turned out, was too dangerous for non-Force users to live on, so the original Jedi sent all their non-Force using brothers and sisters to the other planets in the system. :eng101:

But gently caress Belsavis. If prisons were fun, they wouldn't be called prisons, would they?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

BigDes posted:

According to the Star Wars timeline the next 2000 years are pretty much a constant war between Sith and Jedi until the death of most of the Jedi Order and the Sith at the Battle of Ruusan and the subsequent introduction of the Rule of Two.

Also, is anyone playing on Tomb of Freedon Nadd?

This Empire falls before the New Sith Wars begin. The New Sith Wars end around 1000 BBY, and the Ruusan Reformation that takes place at that time is what leads to the era we see in the movies.

As for WHEN it falls, we don't know yet. The New Sith Wars begin around 2000 BBY, which is 1653 ATC. But before those there is a long, steady decline, IIRC.

"Soon" is, I think, a good estimation.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

And yet in the end all it takes is a player character and a crazy Sith apprentice to destroy the republic operation.

What I'm saying is taris is a disaster for everyone in every way.

I dunno, I could stand :smug:ing off to Thana a few more times. That's why I left her alive really. I want to see her again and tell her how bad she is. Again. Forever. :allears:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

wtftastic posted:

The Archon fight is so annoying. Mechanically its not hard, but if you do it with your companions, they just stand then in aoes :downs:ing away until they die or you frantically slam on the passive button. I was able to do it in two tries on my sorc. On my Juggernaut? Hahah I just gave up. I guess I'll try it again later but I cannot figure out how to get Quinn to focus solely on healing and hiding in the wings of the room.

It took me more than a few tries on my operative to get Kaliyo to not be an idiot. Fortunately, a 'try' on an Operative lasts until I Cloaking Screen out. :ninja:

Still took me something like 8 attempts. I feel like a horrible player.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Al Baron posted:

I'm curious why ranged force users and Smugglers don't get the same treatment on their channeled AOEs. I can kinda see why force users don't (it doesn't have a CD) but Smugglers probably have the same issues as the IA one.

And we get to view quest rewards now. You know, like in every other MMO.

Smuggler, Sage, and Sorc, AFAIK, didn't have any knock components to their AOEs. They just fall down or stand there seizing. The fix is strictly for the knock component that those ones have for using big bombs/lasers.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Section Z posted:

How hosed am I for eyeing Shadow/Assassin because it's the appears to be the Space Wizard with max "Huur Duur, I'm a ninja with no 'cast skill on teammate' responsibilities :downs:", OP lists they can do some tanking and got some self heals too.

Alternatively, any particular class good at playing Buff Allies without the more direct responsibility of healing duty? I like being helpful support but I hate 'If you gently caress up clicking on allies at the right time, people will DIE' roles. The only MMO I've done a significant amount of teaming in was City Of Heroes, and I'm pretty sure if I tried to tank in a more standard MMO like I did there, things will go wrong fast. Same for assumptions of "Controller" classes.

"Okay guys, there are only about 30 enemies on the platform. I'll just lightning Teleport into them, slam taunt and-what? Isn't that the normal Mob size for a full team here? Okay, how about just two mobs at once... What do you mean 'suicide'? I have up to date common white gear and everything."

EDIT: Also, when playing windowed mode is there any way to make it KEEP the window size I set like every other MMO I've played, instead of it always snapping back to max size window when I next play?

The 'controller' class, as a whole, is dead in the MMO genre. The only game in recent memory that features one that isn't sub par is Neverwinter, and my judgement there was from about a week playing the game before coming back to SWTOR, so it may actually be sub par and I just don't have a good sense of reference.

Tanking in SWTOR is basically the opposite of DPSing. You collect the biggest guys first, and if you can, grab the small ones. If your DPS are competent (they won't be), they'll be killing Weak > Standard > Strong > Elite > Champion, because that removes the most DPS from the fight the fastest. And even if your DPS are incompetent, holding onto the Strongs and Elites should keep them alive long enough to extract their heads from their asses and come out ahead.

Bag of Hamsters posted:

Goon Teaches Newbies How To MMO

You may have just saved three people from forming terrible habits and being mocked into oblivion.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

WarLocke posted:

I wonder why this is. Games like EverQuest and City of Heroes 'got' controllers pretty well. It seems like newer MMOs just have you zerg AOE things frantically instead.

Also doing Belsavis at 44 and am starting to feel the pinch of my companions being in lovely gear. I have to rest after most fights or Pierce gets bent over a barrel.

I think it is because grouping has gone the way of dinosaurs and disco. Controllers and other 'support' classes are for team based play, and the EQ model MMO has been moving steadily toward solo play as late as the release of WoW in 2005. A few games are starting to make it easier to group by scaling character levels based on zones (Guild Wars 2), 'sidekicking' (Champions), and other QoL improvements, but as best I can tell, this is the exception, not the rule. Yet, anyway. The most recent MMOs are substantially different enough from the EQ-WoW model that we'll probably see this become the norm again, and when that happens, the Controller/Buffer might come back.

I'll probably get burned at the stake for this, but man it would be cool to see SWTOR get a New Game Experience patch that breaks it away from some of the worse aspects of the EQ-WoW paradigm. Of course it is a pipe dream, but sometimes those are the only things that keep me going.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sombrerotron posted:

I would really hope that, at some point, BioWare will implement a City of Heroes-style exemplar mechanic (not sure if that's in Champions as well, but if it's got sidekicking I would expect so), so that grouping with a lower-level friend isn't almost completely pointless. Teaming with a friend on a regular basis is just too impractical unless you both agree to only use a particular character for the purpose of playing together, but I feel that shouldn't be required to begin with.

That's pretty much the reason I don't do group leveling. I tried it, once, back at launch. I made the mistake of making my main a part of the leveling pact though. Pretty soon I was 10 levels ahead of them because I PVPed while they had a severe allergic reaction whenever someone mentioned the idea of PVP. It wouldn't have been a big deal if it was City (in fact, we all had played City together), but despite all the stuff SWTOR had for grouping, it really punishes you for trying to do more than pick-up groups.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

The issue wasn't about who had character and who didn't - the SW was one of the first two classes (along with the Jedi Knight) to be created, story wise, thus why Jaesa has the full 'light or dark companion' thing, and why Vette has the beginnings to her alternate storyline still in the game. Bioware was, once again, too ambitious, and what I assume was the massively growing costs of the VA's encouraged them to cut the companions down to a single story.

So now you get things like Mako being fine with romancing someone who murders innocents for laughs.

I wouldn't mind them using some of their profits now to add more companion content, but I have a hunch that they're getting just enough to continue forward endgame progression and make Cartel Market junk, and that that kind of 'adventure pack' style of cash shop purchase isn't in their model anywhere.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

So, I've found the one bonus to being addicted to an MMO instead of some other game - I can install it anywhere and play my 'saves', even when I'm spending a few days at a friends house.

Loving my Agent still. Taris continues to be my favorite planet just for showing up Thana at every point in the planet quest. Even better since this is my first male character (I didn't know Vector was so cool - my guild said he was terrible and boring and 'literally worse than the cat', so I remade my agent to male) and I can flirt with her. Every time he flirts he sounds so smug.

"Oh, you sent me a gift of hostile droids? How about we get dinner after I blow them up :smugdog:"

I want to make a smuggler next, but I've yet to play a Inquisitor/Consular, and feel like I should probably collect all the buffs before playing the mirrors. Something about shotgunning people in the back though..

Impside Taris is probably my favorite planet outside of Makeb, and only because Thana provides endless entertainment. I could probably play an entire game of The Misadventures of Cipher 9 and Thana Vesh.

As for who you should do next, it's my personal opinion that the shotgun to the back and wild west gun-slinging motifs of the Smuggler just don't 'work.' I could never get used to the idea of pulling a giant shotgun from my pants or sitting behind cover with dual pistols. I'd go for the Inquisitor (being that that is one of the three stories I haven't done yet). Consular takes a bit of time to get going, but Act 2 and 3 are both fairly solid (Act 2 more than 3).

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Also a good point. And I just found the Operative to feel much better than the Scoundrel. Besides, when I want hilarity, beating Jedi and Sith to death with a rifle is my go-to. Vanguards are well trained in the proper use of their weapon. :downs:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm that guy who can't stand openly playing the bad guy. Any Imperial stories that are more or less neutral or close to it?

It sounds dumb but I'd rather not go around killing Jedi.

Agent. You may or may not kill some Jedi. And you have the choice to say, "gently caress all of you, I'm taking my ball and going home," at the end.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Red Crown posted:

Speaking of companions, M1-4X...sucks? The guy seems to melt very quickly in fights, and even with me as a full heal spec I can never keep him alive. This is a shame because of how much I love him.

It's a side effect of him being a droid. He's a pain in the rear end to gear up because he uses special droid parts, so unless you're religiously buying him a full load out every 4 to 6 levels, the fact that he's your tank companion means he can't keep up with the incoming damage in folds like origami. And yes, this is a shame, since it limits your options paling around with Liberty Prime for the game unless you're a Cybertech or have oodles of poo poo lying around to gear him with before the end game.

Also gently caress Quinn, and his stupid mole.

Rascyc posted:

I bet he's talking about the final boss of the instance that sets the floors on fire ("call down the missiles"). I had a fun fight with him the other day where everyone ate fire except this one random BH and myself so we just kited/killed it over the course of 5 minutes.

Was this on Hard Mode or Story Mode? Because as a level 32 Sage, I ended up soloing him because the random pubbies I got were literally the worst. They died at about 30%, and I ended up having to take him down the rest of the way, frantically shielding, healing, applying a dot and then hitting him with my saber a few times before repeating. I really hope they felt bad after that.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Feigning compliance then activating your super battle droids to kill the Jedi/Soldier/Hired Gun that walked in to rescue you/tell you to knock it off doesn't sound like "Just doing my job." At that point? He attacked someone working for the Republic directly, so he gets to go to jail when he surrenders.

But Rascyc is right: this isn't even Star Wars morality, it's Bioware morality. Which is more hosed than most.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hell, I'd argue there's absolutely no reason to worry about alignment at all beyond headcanon, a few titles, and whether you want to show Dark Side corruption or not. Mechanically, there is nothing alignment gives you that you need or can't get from credits/cartel coins. Sure, unlocking free Unity is nice, but you can buy it too, and not have to worry about sperging your way to Light 5. The alignment-locked lightsabers are exactly the same or worse than non-alignment locked modded oranges of the same level. And as others posted, worrying about Relics before 50 is a waste of time, and after 50, all the ones that are worth anything have no alignment requirement anyway.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

Most of the force powers are not inherently anything. Except in game mechanics.

This is the path to sperginess. Once you set foot down the sperg path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Seriously, nerd after nerd has argued one way or another on this. It's especially bad with RPers, who are known for their myopic views of reality. Hell, half of them can't agree that the Force is space magic, let alone how the Light and Dark side work.

It might be funny if I hadn't (and still do, sometimes) gotten intensely invested in these arguments.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zvim posted:

If I used a teddy bear to smother people to death it makes me bad, not the teddy bear. Force Lightning is a tool, you can force push someone off a cliff, doesn't make you a good guy.

I think using force lightning to torture people in quests should trigger a dark alignment shift, and from memory it does, but don't think using the ability for defending yourself should be.

Only, your example doesn't hold true because the Teddy Bear is a manifestation of pure hate and rage, and without that intent to utterly destroy and smother the victim, you'd never have the Teddy Bear in the first place.

The Force is space magic that operates on a different morality. It doesn't care for your intent. To call on Force Lightning, you must use dark emotions, and that leads all but the wisest individuals to the Dark Side.

To compound the problem, both sides of the Force are semi-sentient. The light generally urges people to a long term, overarching goal of balance, while the Dark encourages selfishness and greed. And as an added bonus, the Dark Side's rush of power is comparable to an addictive drug, and even without the psychological problems that the user develops, there's always that desire for one more hit.

There are other views, of course, but the vast majority of Star Wars lore proves them wrong, or the rare exception. Jolee Bindo is often cited as being able to use the Dark Side without becoming corrupted by it, but the same people who cite him forget that he was an exceptionally wise person, even by Jedi standards. He spent decades in seclusion, living a very simple existence and contemplating the lessons of his past.

Basically, the universe that the Force exists in is one of absolute morality. There is definitive 'good' and 'evil.' It's like Dungeons and Dragons that way; spells with the Evil descriptor are Evil. Why? Because they draw on Evil power, and to call on that power makes you Evil.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I needed to refresh myself on canon levels before making this argument, but generally speaking RPG sourcebooks are considered canon as far as background info about the universe goes, but statistics and mechanics are not since they may be manipulated to create a playable game. When I get spergy about Star Wars, I generally refer back to the Wizards of the Coast Star Wars RPGs, where it is stated that the Jedi view of the Force is the most correct view, and while many other traditions have good interpretations of the Force, they tend to miss the mark more often than not.

That's obviously paraphrasing, but with a few exceptions, it's been stated pretty firmly in canon that there is a light and dark side, and that there are dark side powers. :shrug:

Also, the Order of Revan (and Revan himself in SWTOR) were dark side Force users. Genociding 98% of a population is not, by anyone's measure, an act a Light (or even "Grey") sider would do.

"You're just another fallen Jedi, and more deluded than most." -Cipher 9

Medullah posted:

I still think there is going to be a super hard operation with Revan as the final boss, fully powered up. Such a waste to have him used as he is.

I disagree. I'm glad to see him torn down a peg or two. I think my little headcanon of Cipher 9 going in and wrecking his poo poo is probably the best Revan deserved.

Edit: Should clarify that I disagree with him being laid low by an Imperial strike team. I agree that there will probably be something in the future featuring him. Probably as some kind of godlike Force Ghost because :bioware:.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 8, 2013

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Not entirely sure why I'm being called out while everyone else is openly talking about Revan spoilers but I apologise and have spoilered it just in case.

Fairly sure he was being factious since we were just talking about how pubbies in SWTOR are super sensitive about spoilers compared to other games.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

The US foreign policy definition of self defense; gotcha.

I always suspected that the Sith had taken over the Senate. :tinfoil:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

So the new mercy kill mechanic in PVP provides some hilarious results.

We blitzed the first door and bridge, and triggered the mercy kill with only 6 people. :hellyeah: Countdown to nerf?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

kmzh posted:

Actually now that I think about it I haven't actually heard of a new mercy mechanic. Are you sure Kalidore didn't DC/leave and thus triggered an early warzone shutdown? A warzone aborts if either team has 5 or less people and doesn't get backfill within 30 seconds.

Possibly, though I could have sworn there was some conditions in the patch notes for ending matches early for 'steamrolling.'

And looking at it, yeah, it looks like Kalidor left. Oh well, still got credit.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Reading all this Qyzen stuff really makes me regret reshaping my Shadow into a Sith Pureblood now. They'd pal around so drat hard in my head canon.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

So, I had to have my friend send me the pics, but we also discovered a... thing... with Qyzen. And the Relaxed Vestments. Behold.

:stare:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I used to play a shadow, but she got back-burnered in favor of my Guardian, Sage, Operative... for a long time, so now I can't remember a thing. Infiltration used to be one of my favorite specs, but now I just get plastered when I try to PVP with it, and I think it's because I'm not used to watching for procs, since none of my other classes barring Sage and Presence of Mind require me to time my attacks with when I get certain effects on my bar.

It's making me wish there was a mod like Proculous for SWTOR.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

WarLocke posted:

But if you open the game up to mods you eventually get the WoW clusterfuck where everyone has to have the same dozen mods to compete, plus another 40 random pet/UI/whatever other ones and ffff.

It's just a pet peeve with me, every drat time I reinstall WoW I spend like a week trying to put together a set of mods that feels like balancing a house of cards.

I don't disagree. It's just I find the way SWTOR presents buffs to be a pain to recognize which ones are important to me and which ones I should ignore.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Double XP until Monday! :getin:

Downside: You'll never be able to stomach regular leveling times again. :smith:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Nolan North sounds like he's trying to dictate the facilitation of trade negotiations while getting the most rigorous anal-fisting of his life.

Ok thats clearly an exaggeration, but he put on an odd-sounding, stuffy tone to his voice. I get that the Consulars meant to be basically a serene, emotionless nerd, but that kind of voice just didn't work for me. Its the voice of a librarian, not a main character. It sounded too goofy and I had to switch to the FemConsular half-way through Tython. She's dry as a bone too, but at least I can take her seriously.

This I agree with. Sure, North is good. But even good actors have bad days.

Male Consular was a bad day.

Fake Edit: Also female consular is :geno: as gently caress, but you can see some personality slip through if you take her snarky responses.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Artifice is like 1700% better than Synthweaving, what with only the offhand focii having the bullshit 1 green -> 3 blue -> 12 purple progression. I started leveling it from scratch earlier tonight and am at 125 or something (not going as fast as I could be because I'm REing stuff up to purple, still on rank 1-2 stuff so it's cheap as hell for me at 54).

I think I've just about finished Consular Act 3, I completed Corellia and have to return to Coruscant now. I still don't see why people hate on the story, it was pretty badass leading my hodge-podge army against Imperials and uncovering a network of Sith sleeper agents throughout the Republic. The only part that could remotely be called boring was the first act, since it's just "go to 4 planets and do thing" but that happens in at least a few other class stories almost identically anyway (I can personally confirm Trooper and Sith Warrior have the exact same flow).

Of course now I've completed the '1,000 kils with companion' achievements for Qyzen, Nadia, and Zenith, so the last quarter of Corellia was a bit of a slog since Tharan doesn't output much DPS. Also because most of my companions have poo poo gear since as soon as I made 50 I started always taking planetary commendation rewards for Makeb mods for myself. :getin:

Most of the grousing for Consular is for Act 1. The go here, heal dude, get 'weaker' story had no weight to it. Act 2 and 3 are decidedly better. At least the Knight had you hunting superweapons, which is pretty much Star Wars 101. Trooper got me personally invested with the solid dicking I got in the prologue, and Smuggler is... eh. I haven't played much Smuggler yet. Warrior was full of douchebaggery, and the scene on Tatooine at the oasis is still one of my favorites. Inquisitor similarly reconciles the 'go to 4 planets and get things' with interesting flavor at each one. Agent is you playing secret police each and every time, meeting Watcher X, etc etc. About the only Act 1 that I think follows the same formula beat for beat is Bounty Hunter, and I wasn't a huge fan of Bounty Hunter either.

tl;dr, the Consular act 1 is just bland. Sure, the others flow the same way, but they have things to make them interesting.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

But hes the only sane person on the crew!

Sanity is for the weak. :black101:

And Quinn can take his MOLE and go kick rocks. Stupid game should have let me kill him. I don't need a healer anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Psyker posted:

Twi'leks can. Also, unlock Sith Pureblood and Chiss for true awesome Republic time.

As someone who knows a great many of this type of sperg, roll a Pureblood Trooper. It never fails.

• Locked thread