Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Is the goon presence on Jedi Covenant still mostly in That's No Goon? What about pub side? Trying the game out again, lookin' for an invite. I have no idea what to do in this game anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
So I just resubbed to the game and am overwhelmed with all the cartel market and stronghold stuff. Turns out I have a bunch of CCs left over from my security key monthly grant continuing. What should I buy with them? Any of the cartel packs worth it? Also I have a decent amount of credits, should I buy the stronghold unlocks like cargo hold stuff, or craft it?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
So Amazon has the physical 60-day time cards at $18.82 a piece right now. Grabbed a couple, couldn't pass up <$10/month sub. Do they often discount them so low?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Makeb with 12x is super fast. I just did 51-55 on my merc in just a couple of quests. It also helps that transportation around Makeb is better than most of the other planets.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

TheCenturion posted:

Also, you're forced to use T3 or whatever his name is, but they didn't give you a handy 'ancient droid' with level appropriate gear. So you're balling along and suddenly bam, you're using a tank with level 20 gear, cuz you just use Doc or Kira all the time.

There was supposed to be some sort of puzzle that would give you T3 gear to help out with it but it was bugged for a while. I only beat the fight because of a different bug. I did and rezzed to the med center and when I came back the boss had the quest icon over its head.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

Oh hey, so if you get a pre-paid subscription voucher, don't input the code until your subscription is about to expire. Turns out this game is retarded and doesn't add time to the subscription like every other paid subscription service on earth and instead just changes your subscription. So, say, you had 15 days left before your subscription auto-renewed and you input a 60 day time card, you now have 60 days not 75.

This did not happen to me. I had 15 days left on my monthly sub, just as in your hypothetical sitatuation, and added a 60 day game card on to it to have 75 days left. I just checked my time left and it says I have 63 days remaining. Although I might have cancelled the recurring sub first. Does that affect things?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Looks like there's a bit of a discount on CCs at Amazon right now. Have Bioware announced what their black Friday sale is?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
I hadn't done any Forged Alliance stuff and it started me at the beginning with Part I.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

Hahahah from patch notes today -

Whew. Glad they fixed that one!

Is this referring to slicing nodes? Because I've made millions of credits the last couple of days running around Yavin gathering slicing and arch nodes and selling the arch mats.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Excellent. My scheme lives on.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
So I've never done Bounty week, anything cool that I should do for it?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
So, in a kinda related bit of news, KOTOR has been released for Android tablets. Awesome.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
When I checked earlier today the Contraband Slot Machine was going for around 4.5 million.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

Well I bought a slot machine with the intention of donating it to the guild buttttttttt instinctively clicked it when I got it hahaha.

That thing really is a license to print money. 99 coins and I got a poo poo ton of rep items, which I can now start selling to vendors because I got to legend, I got 11 purple jawa junk along with a bunch of greens and blues.

If Hypercrates drop below 5 I'll buy one and see if I can get another. :)

Can you invite people into your stronghold so we can use it?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

Yep, if you can log on right now I can send you a key. If I'm on and anyone wants a key just let me know. Sadly you do have to be online for me to send it.

Yeah I can get on in just a min.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

MrBims posted:

I tried asking this in the IRC but there was no answer - is the OP still correct that the goon guild is on Jedi Covenant, and how lively is it? I have a level 10 on the USEast PVP server, would I have a better experience sticking there or changing servers?

Imp side there's an active guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Hulk Smash! posted:

The problem you'll have with buying cc unlocks on the GTN is that people don't seem to realize that a) their target buyers are often either free-to-play or preferred and b) that they have a credit cap. Like, I've seen temp escrow cap removers go for above the credit cap.... who would buy these? I feel like there's a market to be exploited if you're swimming in cc, by selling stuff at just under the credit escrow cap.

Maybe they're bought by subscribers who are planning on going to preffered status?

• Locked thread