Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Today's A&DD episode is blowhard-y to an astounding extent: welfare state, absolute gender roles, it's got it all. Drew hasn't explicitly hollered about the “tyranny of the majority” yet, but he's getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I just want to know how Adam can think he's paying “basically 50 percent” of his income on taxes.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Binton posted:

Anybody else happen to catch Dr. drews podcast with Adams wife today? I skipped through the Jodi Arias stuff because I could give less than a poo poo, but when they start talking about Adams home life at about 24 minutes in.. Hooo boy I kinda feel bad for Lynette.

And then drew chalked up adam's communication issues to “gender differences” or some bullshit while in the same breath pointing out the issues Adam has with relating to people. Drew really seems to be codependent to the extent that he can't have a realistic view of anyone close to him, much less Adam.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Veskit posted:

I don't think you understand the definition of harm.

oh no he'd have to sell a few cars :qq:

The people that donated to his defense fund are the same ones that buy every single one of his horrible books so I'm not particularly indignant, but don't pretend he had to do it to prevent anything resembling hardship or that it wasn't a masterful fleecing of his retarded fans

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Boinks posted:

The only 'luck' involved in Adam's career was turning the radio on at the right time to hear that KROQ wanted a boxing instructor.

Oh, please. If jimmy hadn't taken him on, and drew hadn't heard him on the morning show he wouldn't have gotten anywhere. Or if rachman played his cards better. Or if he'd decided to drive off that bridge. He's got some talent, but he's certainly not special

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Adam has some pretty deep thoughts concerning this on twitter including “Thx 4 your opinions.Not wanting 2 be negative but It just wasn’t a good vibe for me & crew.Sorry if its not enough for some of U.Wish A well”

he also appears to just write “thanks” in response to pointed questions more often than not regardless of content but maybe that's just his thing/a partial bot?? I don't follow him on twitter

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lol only two of the stated reasons were legit and the rest are so immensely petty and embarrassing that it throws the reasonable ones into doubt. sounds to me like he was just gettin mad about the backlash and threw a bunch of poo poo at the wall in the hopes some would stick

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Moniker posted:

What are legit to you?

I personally think she should have read both books and should have watched his show. It adds to the conversation. Also I think she should have had bits ready for that late night live show he discussed as well as the What To Expect When You're Expecting book excerpts at every live show.

1 and 3. His books are literally rants taken whole cloth from his podcast, so considering she was on that show daily I dunno how much I can blame her. Especially considering they were ghost written. His show, whatever. He's an adult and it's not like it's his first foray into TV

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Grant DaNasty posted:

She's his sidekick/newsgirl who is there to pitch in and provide content, but she hasn't read or watched anything he's been doing outside of the podcast.

The books are literally the podcast, so I'm not sure why she'd need to read them to be able to “provide content”, and the times I heard him bring up the TV show before I stopped listening he appeared to loathe it. If she didn't kowtow properly, or he caught on that she was embarrassed by him that's fine and he should've said that alone. Couching it with the other poo poo he said is absurd.

The point about his family historically not giving a poo poo is definitely salient but he's like fifty and has been in therapy on and off for like a decade. It makes sense, but it's not an excuse anymore

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

and people were worried about the LHC creating a singularity

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

how do you suck at trolling so much you can't manage to rile up an RGD megathread properly

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

JB50 posted:

Sarah Silverman sucks anyway, her 15 minutes is pretty much up.

:gb2gbs:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Boinks posted:

Except Adams two most common recurring guests are black and Asian.

is this a joke

e: I mean the statement is true but do you actually think it's indicative of anything

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Moniker posted:

Hey guys if Adam is racist stop listening.

Anyway, Bald has been on fire lately. I like him a lot.

bald bryan sucks, and going around in circles about adam being racist is a biannual tradition; you'd know these things if you'd been posting here for longer than a month :shrug:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

loving RZA, on Take a Knee. This guy is racist as gently caress against black people. Talk about "Uncle Tom!". He has NO IDEA what it's like to be black in America.

This is the episode that made me quite this show forever.

It's best not to respond to the trolls.

Nothing you say can change their mind. You have to understand the extreme narcissism of the modern day white male SJW. They are LYING when they say they are "upset" that you can't play as a girl. They are trying to fish for "mysoginy" and manufacture controversy wherever possible. If playing as a girl was an option, these same posters would find some other way to bitch about the game. "What? Why only two options for gender?? Why can't I select my own pronouns?". This is a NON-Issue, and they know it is a non-issue and in reality they don't give a gently caress, they are just pretending they care. It's white male SJW narcissism at it's worst.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

No, Adam is racist because he treats black people the same way he treats white people. Adam doesnt understand that as Cis White Men, it is our burden to uplift the lesser privileged races. Treating black people like you treat white people is no different than treating mentally handicapped children as if they were the same as non-disabled children and demanding the same results from them. This is the main reason why Adam is racist and posters like Beez and myself are not.

Only seen the show on reruns. Many, many, many, reruns over the years.

Just caught a live episode for the first time ever. Consensus?

:HOLY gently caress, Penny dropped her hotness meter by A SHITLOAD. She is not even hot anymore! (guys saying this)

"Whoa! What the hell? That is quite a change. Um........ (Girls saying this)

End score after many girl on guy collaborations: Penny dropped her "hottness" score by AT LEAST 22 points by loving with her hair like that. She is now 22% less attractive. That is the score she got for loving with her hair from both guys and girls in my group.

Personally? I think its way worse. I think she dropped her hotness level by at least 50%, not 25

Beeez posted:

I'll take "giant chips on people's shoulders unrelated to what was being discussed" for 400, Alex.
:eng99:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Tweak posted:

considering you have to be an adam carolla fan to even know this movie exists, it should be of no surprise that the user score is higher than the critics

going by how overwhelmingly positive his book reviews are the movie has to be legitimately bad to rank only 84% among his sycophants

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

pangstrom posted:

It probably wasn't going to go over smoothly no matter what, though, and, ironically, being unceremonious gave Alison the biggest tailwind possible.

maybe that was his plan all along, the bighearted martyr :unsmith:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Lake of Methane posted:

Adam has used the word "gestalt" like seven times in the last three episodes. Usually incorrectly. Any idea where he picked that up?

if Adam finds a new word you can always chalk it up to Drew

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

What must it be like to look at the modern world and have the first thought in your head be “Wow the western value system and way of life are under fire! This is what is actually happening and not my knee-jerk reaction to the perceived immigration rates of brown people to my white country.”

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

okay you win go back to pyf

WEH fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 15, 2015

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Adam definitely has soured on homosexuals and softened on Christians. There was also a loveline episode that came up on the old stream that I've never been able to track down again where he screamed about how much better the US was than Japan in WWII because “we didn't torture our prisoners!!”

He really seems to base his political leanings based on whatever authority he feels most persecuted by currently (when he was only recently not poor and destitute he was more populist; now that his biggest concern is how much money he loses to taxes and that the goddamn MAID didn't plug my iphone charger back in so now I have to use my OTHER IPHONE, he's conservative as gently caress)

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

Except it turned out the guy is actually sympathetic to terrorists and had a terrorist group's flag as his facebook profile image. (he claims its an unrelated flag, but that's like posting a black swastika on a red background and saying it just "coincidentally" looks like the nazi flag. He's not fooling anyone) So the woman really is a patriot of sorts. I mean, who wouldn't love to beat the poo poo out of a bunch of ISIS assholes if they got the chance?

Lol because the woman totally knew all that ahead of time and singled him out for that express reason

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lol if you've intentionally listened to a carolla podcast in the last year plus

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Man if carolla represents “classic American humor” to the uk we're pretty hosed

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Umm all he said was he finds an entertainer entertaining. You sound like a huge retarded rear end in a top hat.
I mean I wouldn't have said fetishizing but the gist is pretty accurate

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

JB50 and Irish Joe still roll through to voice support from time to time, but you can tell when that's happened because there's suddenly 50+ posts in a thread usually good for ~5 a month

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

JB50 posted:

I still listen to every podcast, but I skip the live shows.

Judging from his advertisers he still one of the most popular podcasts around, despite what goons may say.

Does he still get blitzed during them? But yeah, he's definitely found his niche and is milking it for everything it's worth

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Do people still listen to this? What's he up to

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

pangstrom posted:

I'm changing my tune a little -- I think the new Adam and Drew show might be pretty good. Drew and Gary are clearly on the "let's have the show be about calls/real life problems" page...

Tempted to hop back on, but if the callers are still going to be almost exclusively from their fanbase I'm not sure it'll make a difference to me quality-wise.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

LFO posted:

They don't test each donation individually. They pool like, 100 donations into 1 batch, then test the batch. If the batch fails the test, all 100 get thrown away, even though it may have been only 1 that spoiled it. Apparently it's more cost efficient this way, but they need to do pre-screening to keep the # of failed batches lower.

I don't think this is true, both my state's blood center and the American Red Cross specifically state they test each received unit of blood individually.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Aka dumb luck

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Wouldn't gio just tattle on them and get it shut down or has he finally moved on—nope never mind he's pulling down ~$1100 a month on patreon lmao

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

There's probably a masters' thesis waiting out there for someone with the wherewithal to do a longitudinal study on the corrupting power of wealth on an individual by evaluating 20 years of Adam's rants

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Adam could have been an icon for the left as a guy who came up knowing what it was like to truly be poor. Instead, he's become the type of rear end in a top hat he used to mock. He's dangerously close to being an objectivist, which I'm positive I remember him mocking (those of you with stronger knowledge of Loveline, feel free to correct me).

Drew called him either a leftist or bleeding heart liberal on one of the shows from like 98 because adam supported like a needle exchange program or some poo poo and he answered in the affirmative so it's been a wild ride from that to what I can only assume will culminate to an appearance with Milo

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Adam is a man of simple tastes

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Good lord his recent guests are Dennis Prager, Bill O'Reilly, and that nutjob Dinesh D'Souza.

aaaaaaaaaaahahaha he has "i'm 36 not 56" dinesh as a guest holy shiiiiiiiiit

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

im glad his brain has been completely slurried by mangria

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

half expecting a gofundme