Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

I had some money to spare so I went ahead and bought the SL Souls. Harbinger's fun so far but I don't understand why there are two different buffs. Lightning Blade seems ideal, what's up with Lightning Rush? Seems like a lovely version of LB.

Lightning Rush is for people using harb as an offsoul so they can still see their weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Fathis Munk posted:

So if I get it right SL souls are awesome ? Are they more powerful than normal souls ? More convenient ? More fun ?

Also do you just have to make a single payment to unlock them or is it recurrent ?

They tend to open up more playstyles or give a class more utility. They're not necessarily more powerful but they are definitely nice to have. Also it's one payment and you have them forever.

edit: Yes, thumbtacks, there are two more blade buffs iirc. You can only have one up at a time though!

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Just give all your spare mages and clerics to me. Everybody wins! :v:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

KING WOOD posted:

I'm in as Swiftlee on Deepwood. Are there any raid viable Bladedancer builds? From what I've read on the forums it doesn't seem that way, and I plan to tank anyways, but soloing as Bladedancer seems fun and it would be nice to be able to use it as off spec for raiding rather than learn an additional DPS.

Bladedancer is a viable spec, but you should expect to learn multiple dps specs as a rogue.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

All I ask for is lethal poison and resonance! :3:

If I give you resonance, you're just going to start asking for nefarious procs.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Apparently guild names on Faeblight are serious business! This is news to me.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Oh no what happened :ohdear:

We are now (temporarily) The Black Squirrel Riding Club. I don't know why they chose that name, but hey, could be worse. Also there are no jeeps in Rift so our guild name can't have the word jeep in it.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Hell yeah I just ran in for maybe the last 20% on a Quoras rift and walked out with a Searing Flamesource, I'm so happy.

Lucky!

Also can someone please invite Kvida to the guild? :v:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

How many alts do you have, jeez!

I only have 5 60s okay!

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

But Mages can't tank yet, so that's another thing. Also Cleric Tanking is so easy even I can do it! (sorta).

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. :v:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

SlayVus posted:

If I buy the 2nd bank vault do I just get an additional 32 bank slots or do I also get additional bank bag slots?

Just the 32 bank slots, no bag slots.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

jadebullet posted:

Hey guys, real quick. How do I tell how many unique snowflakes I have. I picked up a bunch of them, but they are not in my inventory so I don't have any idea how many I have.

You should be able to see them at the bottom of your currency window (there's a button for it next to your bags, right above the search button).

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

blackmage posted:

I'm playing a melee dps rogue, lvl 54 now, and just realized I'm still using a lvl 20 focus/essences. So I grabbed a 4lesser/1greater focus from the store, and dropped a couple lvl 50 lessers in for stats. Any suggestions or recommendations what would be good to get for a greater? I'm guessing something like the 'physical attack has chance to increase X stat' sorta thing, but they all seem like a pretty small increase, like 20 points on 900. From what's in the AH, it's pretty much either that or something that procs an absorbing shield.

You want the top-level focus: Sigil of the Five or whatever defiants call theirs, 4 lessers/2 greaters. You can put lessers in greater slots, so in general greaters aren't really that useful to you. Once you hit 60, there are some really nice greaters you can get, but they're also very expensive.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

It's odd because I checked out the official forums and I don't see anyone complaining about lag. Not to the degree they would be if everyone was being affected the way we are. Maybe it's derpwood? Maybe we get lovely instances?

Did FT/EE just now and the lag was really bad. There was a noticeable delay on regulos portals and FT was just awful.

For our main raid, I think we're down to two shards that don't suck quite as badly as the rest (deepwood and greybriar). If we get any other shard for our instance we reset. There is actually a limit on how many times you can reset a raid instance before it makes you stop for 15 minutes, and we've hit it.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Egeus posted:

You have vex, what else do you want

Give them fiery spike, if it's good enough for bladedancer it drat well better be good enough for shaman!

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

StumblyWumbly posted:

Can you get Radiant Cells from hardmoding bosses?

Yes, but then you have to hardmode a boss and :effort:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Grittykitty posted:

I hope this is true.

"For the first time since Soul Legion expanded the world of Telara, Rift is getting four brand new souls in the upcoming 2.7 patch."

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/431/feature/8284/Rift-Introducing-the-Liberator-A-Raid-Healing-Warrior.html

Finally, I will be able to terrorize my raid with the idea of me healing.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Only if I get to bard :getin:.

Okay but you'd better be good. You let resonance drop even once and you're never barding again.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Been playing with defiler specs - looking at replacing inquisitor points in the heal-based specs with oracle points. You lose pushback reduction and range but emblem of ice into pain transmission is so juicy. Also 9 Oracle is enough to get a support flag :3:

Also all the sweet things Oracle Gets:

AoE Cleanse (warden cleanse)
Shield/Heal cooldowns
Applies debuffs as an aura - mobs moving into debuffs pick up the debuffs
Other things I haven't messed w/ yet.

Welp, I'm done with this game. :suicide:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Yay bard buffs!

But I looked at the new gear and does Trion not have any artists anymore or something? It's all old t1 poo poo.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Kreczor posted:

I mean, granted, if RIFT didn't require everybody in a raid to know 8 different specs and be able to memorize a 20 button button rotation for each and every one of them, it wouldn't be an issue period. That's part of the reason I left, every patch changes an entire rotation for every spec, and you're forced to re-memorize 80-120 button presses and it's simply too much to handle. That and the fact that you need to grind for hours on end just to get a single item for a single spec just for set bonuses is absolutely stupid.

Rift has great QoL features and they listen to their community. What it doesn't do well, is create a captivating game play where you actually want to keep playing.

Did you play a warrior? That was one of the reasons I switched mains from warrior to rogue. Rogue doesn't get that poo poo anywhere near as often as warrior seems to.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

The new maid outfit is hilarious. Wanna see it on a Bahmi dude. :v:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Screenshot pls :v:. I can't wait the 10+ hours until I can get on my warrior to try it out.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Bro oracle makes bard look like poo poo.

I'm still mad about it.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

OneEightHundred posted:

DoL is pretty neat now, especially with Total Assurance. Cleric souls are still too centered around 61/58-pointers to be useful on anything other than a tank spec though, unless Oracle can sacrifice Flaring Power for it.

Anything less than 61 point oracle is probably terrible, just like anything less than 61 bard is terrible.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

shut up gelly posted:

gently caress this stupid tier and its stupid loving trinkets and stupid loving weapons and stupid loving itemization

i cant wait to play dkp suicide roulette with all the other warriors and win the gimp greenscale sword instead of the one where a 95% uptime proc increases your damage by 10%

You say that like you think it's going to drop.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Wow, that really makes me want to go test poo poo for Trion. :v:

By the way, is Greenscale a whole lot easier than Akylios? My guild killed Aky first because they looked about equal on video but with Aky you didn't have to learn three different add phases.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

patch notes posted:

RIFT 2.7: HOTFIX #8 6/11/14

Targeted Release Date:

NA: 6/11/14 - 7:30 AM PDT
EU: 6/12/14 - 1:00 AM GMT

== PROMOTIONAL EVENTS ==

MECH WEEK IS BACK!
Temporal Flux returns! The planar Research Institute has reopened the Temporal Rifts. Players of level 30 and above can visit the PRI Representatives in Sanctum, Meridian, and Tempest Bay for daily quests and players of all levels can hunt for the Temporal Flux rifts throughout the world.

There's even a new Temporal Flux Daily! Battling the Battlers: Defeat the final boss of a Temporal Flux rift.

Note: Mech Week begins at 3:30 PM server time on Thursday, June 12th, and ends the following Thursday, June 19th, at 3:30 PM server time.

GENERAL
* Last names no longer accept words that are considered profanity.
* Fixed a crash that could occur when entering warfronts.

UI AND SETTINGS
* You can now use the new command "/maxfps" to limit your maximum frames per second.
* Fixed a problem with changing text colors in options causing it to sometimes change the wrong color options.
* Players can now see the locations of quest givers for Promotional events, such as Temporal Flux, on the world map.

ZONES
* Zone Event: Unnatural Speciation: Reduced the Hellbug Fissure healing, health, and the respawn rate of adds.

CLERIC

SENTINEL
* Fullness of Life: Can no longer crit.

ROGUE

PHYSICIAN
* Viral Infection: Now triggers 100% of the time off of any Physician heal or absorb ability. Will not trigger off of Biofeedback.
* Emergency Response: Can no longer crit. It also cannot be affected by any +healing abilities, such as the Tactician gift or Palliative Care.
* Alternative Treatment: Now off Global Cooldown. Costs 10 energy. 8 second cooldown. It will still remove itself if the Rogue goes to 0 energy.

WARRIOR

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES
* Tier 1 Raid Encounters: All enrage timers have been increased by 2 minutes, reducing the DPS required for a kill.
* Tier 2 Raid Encounters: All enrage tmers have been increased by 1 minute, reducing the DPS required for a kill.

BINDINGS OF BLOOD: AKYLIOS
* The Portal for Akylios is now visible.

BINDINGS OF BLOOD: GREENSCALE
* The Portal for Greenscale is now visible.
* Greenscale will no longer target pets or random players in melee range during the final 25% of the fight.
* Noxious Bracken and Strangle Plant have had their aggro radius reduced to 1 meter and will immediately give up their pursuit of players.

BINDINGS OF BLOOD: LAETHYS
* Annihilating Flar: No longer affected by Laethys's enrage.
* Addressed an issue causing high latency players to be teleported out of Gold Piles.

ITEMS
* Several Tier 3 Raid DPS relic items have received a stat enhancement to aid you in your quest to defeat Maelforge and Laethys.

The t1/t2 nerf is the most :effort: nerf I have ever seen.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

OneEightHundred posted:

I dunno about T2, but when nobody even knows how to do Typhiria's adds phase any more, I'm really wondering who thought the T1 nerf was in any way useful. Bonus points for it having basically no effect on Crucia or Matriarch.

I haven't seen enrage on a t1 boss since progression. In t2, this change only really affects Inyr'kta as far as I know. But yeah,

deimos posted:

~~ gently caress rift ~~

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Xibanya posted:

I didn't get an invite. Or did I? Are invites hidden somewhere hard to see? I'm a noob :smith:

Check your mail?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Xibanya posted:

Can someone explain to me how to access the guild invite? I'm going to the mailbox but it doesn't say I have anything. I transferred to the Deepwood server, if that helps.

If it isn't in your mailbox, then you need another invite. And yes, you have to be on Deepwood to join the goon guild.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Farcus posted:

Just downloaded this game and was wondering is there still a healthy player population? Is there still a goon guild? How is the endgame PVE and PVP? How P2W is this game? I don't mind spending money, thats not the issue but Im hesitant if you can buy the best gear in the game sort of deal. Reason I ask is I saw on the auction house or shop you can actually buy purple gear. I also downloaded Tera, and I'm wondering which game I should sink into.

There seems to be a pretty okay population, the cross-shard stuff really helps there. Yes, there is a goon guild, but I don't know how active it is (I'm not in it).

endgame: Find a guild/group to carry you through t1 raids. Most people want to see that you've completed a raid before letting you into their pugs. T2 pugs exist but don't complete the raids usually. T3 pugs sometimes happen, but as far as I know only one pug group's killed an actual t3 boss. You can buy up to tier 2 raid gear with credits, but doing that is hilariously expensive. Just because something is purple or orange doesn't mean it's good.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

2.8 is coming out next Wednesday. It has a new dungeon at 60 and I guess the Infinity Gate is floating away or something?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Wow, that's amazing. What's his name? :v:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

No refunds means no posting. gg trion!

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

shut up gelly posted:

nightmare tide launches october 8th

having seen 3.0 in alpha and beta and the current state of the endgame i can safely say it's going to be hilariously unfinished

can't wait

and no one is surprised. can't wait to kill akylios again cause i'm sure he's going to show up somewhere

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

So, the collector's editions for NT are up. They are a complete shitshow.

The new equipment slots are earrings. I guess piercing ears is really hard or something. The $50 edition includes a reusable dream orb and an instant 60, as well as two void source accelerators (more on that in a second). For $150, you get one of those funky shark mounts, reusable black dye, and four more accelerators. There's a bunch of other stuff in there too but most of it is cosmetic.

I'm actually pretty mad about the accelerators, because if you buy now, you'll get them now, and they can upgrade t3 relics to relics that blow away current t3 gear. And there's no way to get them right now outside of paying for a collector's edition.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

It was pretty clear the 8th wasn't going to happen from the moment they announced it. I wasn't even in closed beta or anything, since the only way to get in was to suck a youtuber's dick. Doesn't help that it's been a cascade of bad dev decisions lately.

There is a weekly cap on void stones, the NT equivalent to infinity stones, to go with the weekly caps on raid and expert marks. It's 35k/week right now, but I expect that to get tweaked to shut the forums up.

If you don't buy a collector's edition, you will have to grind out 100k void stones to unlock your earring slots. Then, you'll want to unlock the Planewalker: Water achievement, because some gear arbitrarily requires it for no better reason than to get people to spend more money. I don't know what goes into it but I'm betting it's not cheap. After that, well, the official forums are reporting 22 weeks or so to get your BIS essences. That'll probably change too.

The masteries are also a joke. The assassin one extends the duration of Expose Weakness, which is a debuff that gets refreshed every time you use a finisher and already has 100% uptime. The bard one, which is probably the best, lets Cadenza proc Invigorated Soul (making Cadence pointless! yay!).

There might be a fun game in there somewhere but I don't care to pay or grind for it.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

People still ran bards in raids? Oracle got to DPS AND put up shields w/ no cost to their DPS.

It's kind of useful on Maelforge because Orchestra doesn't apply a blocker debuff like DtF does, so you can use Asias to reset it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

:barf:

I love you stampy but Trion hates raiders (that aren't named Ahov) more than Carbine hates its general population.

I mean, it's true, it probably has the best f2p model out there, but Daglar is trying really hard to make that less and less true. Also Daglar has no understanding of what best in slot means and thinks gear behind progression walls can be compared to store gear when it comes to what is best in slot and what isn't sooooo...

But if you don't raid then yeah RIFT is probably fun.

Uh guys, Path of Exile is out there you know (f2p and they don't sell power at all but you will want stash tabs). I pointed this out on the official forums once and got told to ~think of the shareholders~. Don't go to the official forums.

• Locked thread